PDA

View Full Version : Booyah upgrades?

tech-chan
02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Well, I picked up two booyahs in a trade and want to upgrade them. Are the grips spyder ESP's? Are the triggers the same? Im kinda lost on what type they take, and both look like they would fit to me. Also can I get an appraisal on them? I have two with stock triggers and the trigger guards. Good condition.

rawbutter
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Booyah frames typically go for about $150.

As for the compatability issues.... I don't know. I've never owned one.

punkncat
02-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I would call that price a bit high. BooYah has been gone for a LONG time and as far as I know unless you are looking to modify some things there is really nothing out there for them.
It was not uncommon to have problems with the sear resetting and solenoid on those. Kind of hit or miss. It was generally bad out of the box or lasted forever type of thing.
About the only thing I could think to do would be retrofit a universal board into the frame. As far as grips and triggers you will have to let us know what you find.

GL

tech-chan
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys and I traded a cocker and a revvy for two booyahs and a ult. Talk about a sweet deal. Any specific board that would be a good idea for me to buy?

tech-chan
02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Update: Im bidding on some stuff on ebay, I'll let you know if they work.

02-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Scenario Dreams has got the new Universal Tboard, and its crazy small
Im sure it would fit, and Damon does custom installs

tech-chan
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Found two DYE stickys for 25 together and two esp triggers for 20 together. Im looking into the boards right now.

pump
02-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Kind of hit or miss. It was generally bad out of the box or lasted forever type of thing.how very true........mine is a damn tank......one that sucks a lot of gas/batteries

i the board does 15 and is fine to me.......there enough modes well......if you do some button conbinations like hold both for 2 seconds you get more options for dwell or voltage useage....but the thing no matter how little juice you use will go through a 9v a day at least

i would just recomend any spyder board with a capacitor

maybe a new noid.......but i dont know if it will give you more shots or more ROF.....best to see

OH one big thing about it sucking juice over a hyperframe is the HF uses a shorter stroke noid and the booyah does a full stroke....so i get Level V tunning problems after a pinch with the HF and not the BY for that reason