PDA

View Full Version : Stainless vs Aluminum Barrels

HyperSnyper
01-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

Got another question for the techies out there. With the new generation of barrels out there, there seem to be alot more barrel with aluminum backs versus the old skewl stainless. Boomies, JT, Full Tilts all have Stainless backs (where the ball contacts), while CP's, The New J&J Epics, and Freaks (stainless back still has alumium inserts) have aluminum backs.

I understand Stainless backs to be more durable than aluminum. It will be more scratch resistant to guarantee a more reliably smooth surface, whil the alumnum can scratch and the bore can enlargen.

Is this fact over rated? Let me know all your opinions. I got to admit, all aluminum is sooooo much lighter than my Boomy =(.

-Hyper

Dealaman
01-17-2002, 11:33 AM
There aren't many barrels out there that will disimprove your accuracy. But here are the few that will

CMI Tru Flight
Crossfire Ramrod

Jonno06
01-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Yeah,stock barrels,which arent that bad,are better than those 2.Aluminum I would go with.Stainless is heavy.Stainless barrel+your gun=nose heavy gun.you shouldnt play hard enough to bend your aluminum anyways

[NA]WARLORD
01-17-2002, 02:19 PM
On an Auto/MIni/RT, I would use aluminum, only due to the fact there is more metal there due to its design, should be strong enough to last a life time. However on screw in type barrels, I suggest ss, its stronger, less likely to strip, or break leaving only thread portion in barrel. To all you freak owners with screw in type barrels, beware, Bad Company has had there barrels break in there guns when using aluminum backed FReaks, they have since upgraded to ss backs with no problems. I told them to ditch the spyders in favor of Automags, but to place 4th at World Cup with electro frame (hyperframe to be exact) spyders, thats saying a lot on a teams ability.