PDA

View Full Version : field rental valve

Sulleigh
02-10-2008, 11:22 PM
What the difference between the classic valve and the field rental valve. I picked up an old field rental mag and a trade and was wondering if it's the same valve or what.

The mag I'm talking about has a slight leak coming from the barrel. I'm guessing it's a valve oring. What else could it be?

secretweaponevan
02-11-2008, 02:40 AM
What the difference between the classic valve and the field rental valve. I picked up an old field rental mag and a trade and was wondering if it's the same valve or what.

The mag I'm talking about has a slight leak coming from the barrel. I'm guessing it's a valve oring. What else could it be?

A leak from the barrel is a powertube o-ring/spacer/spring problem, most likely the o-ring. Double check by holding the trigger down when you air up the marker. If it only leaks when you let go of the trigger, it is a leaky powertube o-ring.

I believe the rental valves have an obstruction somewhere in the powertube to limit velocities to a high of around 280fps and they will not accept a LVL 10 bolt without drilling/milling (In which case it would probably be cheaper to get a regular valve off of AO or ebay). I could be wrong though...I usually am. :)

Sulleigh
02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok thanks man.

Spider-TW
02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
A leak from the barrel is a powertube o-ring/spacer/spring problem, most likely the o-ring. Double check by holding the trigger down when you air up the marker. If it only leaks when you let go of the trigger, it is a leaky powertube o-ring.

I believe the rental valves have an obstruction somewhere in the powertube to limit velocities to a high of around 280fps and they will not accept a LVL 10 bolt without drilling/milling (In which case it would probably be cheaper to get a regular valve off of AO or ebay). I could be wrong though...I usually am. :)
It just has to be drilled out. If you don't need a level 10 or more than 280 fps, it's all the same. There are a few threads on them. I think it just needs a bigger hole, not a smooth bore. It is stainless and a tough cut though.