PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Kick

walleye
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm very close to purchasing either an E-Tac or an 04 Viking not really sure what to get but I'm leaning towards the Warp Left E-Tac with a Q Loader but I'm still lookin at the Vikings. I was wondering what the kick was like on an E-Mag compared to a Viking. Also if anyone has any info that may help me decide feel free to share.

Andrewliu6294
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
its the same as all other mags, all you feel is the small kick of the reciprocating bolt. hardly any at all IMO.

Rudz
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
what kick? :confused:

jenarelJAM
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Either way you're going to get an awesome marker. Don't be too worried about what you're missing out on, because either marker will be fantastic.

Chaos_Theory!
02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Get a nice milled viking, itll be an overall better marker than an emag. Before all the fanboys jump on what i just said, AGD makes fine guns.

pyrodragon
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm very close to purchasing either an E-Tac or an 04 Viking not really sure what to get but I'm leaning towards the Warp Left E-Tac with a Q Loader but I'm still lookin at the Vikings. I was wondering what the kick was like on an E-Mag compared to a Viking. Also if anyone has any info that may help me decide feel free to share.

do u play more woodsball or speedball? if woodsball go for the E-tac, if speedball either would do but it's all about how you play. i have never really notice a kick. a .22 long rifle has more kick than any paintball marker i have ever shot, but that's my $0.02. it's all about how you hold your marker i guess. "P"

walleye
02-13-2008, 07:28 AM
do u play more woodsball or speedball? if woodsball go for the E-tac, if speedball either would do but it's all about how you play. i have never really notice a kick. a .22 long rifle has more kick than any paintball marker i have ever shot, but that's my $0.02. it's all about how you hold your marker i guess. "P"

Primarely woodsball. I need a new marker and I want something high end but I'm pretty much buying it for Oklahoma D-Day.

yaaaowHuggs
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
my friends dmc is lighter and has less kick than my e-mag...
but i'd rather shoot my e-mag :shooting:
if you havn't shot an e-mag i'd suggest you go do so before buying one, its an aquired taste. alot of people don't like the trigger.

Warwitch
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Ive owned (and loved) both. But when it comes to smoothness there is no comparison. Vikings all the way. Get the 04 and throw a Robbtown valve in it. Its like butta'.

Empyreal Rogue
02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
my friends dmc is lighter and has less kick than my e-mag...
but i'd rather shoot my e-mag :shooting:
if you havn't shot an e-mag i'd suggest you go do so before buying one, its an aquired taste. alot of people don't like the trigger.

That's how most of the people at my field feel. And they all shoot Egos. I think the difference is the way the trigger moves. It doesn't need to be completely pulled back to fire, so it just hovers in the trigger guard. Both have really short pulls though, but the E-Mag's pull is sort of stiff, and the Egos is pretty loose.

phizz
02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
both great markers but, if you need more air efficiency go with the viking other then that I would pick the mag.

walleye
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning more towards the Viking now I just liked the warp fed e-tac for the line of sight down the marker.

Don Carnage
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Both are pretty cool guns. I got a chance to shoot my first Viking at a D-Day staff meeting last weekend. Very nice.

An E-Tac has a more mil-sim look than the AKA, especially the warp body. You'll also get a lot of people asking you about it since it's a pretty unique-looking gun. The Viking will be more air efficent (a good thing at an all-day game). Both are very worthy.

Steelrat
02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Primarely woodsball. I need a new marker and I want something high end but I'm pretty much buying it for Oklahoma D-Day.

For scenarios, the viking is much much better than the emag due to it's efficiency. And once it's worn in, it doesn't have much kick at all. Even less with a robtown valve.

If you have any specific questions on AKA guns, just PM me. I've owned about 20 of em.

Loguzzzzzz
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
For scenarios, the viking is much much better than the emag due to it's efficiency. And once it's worn in, it doesn't have much kick at all. Even less with a robtown valve.

If you have any specific questions on AKA guns, just PM me. I've owned about 20 of em.
I have a question.....I have an'03 Viking with the WAS board and DC style milling but I don't know who's milling it actually is.

My problem is that is will not shoot above. 255 fps and it is very in consistant. Very un-AKA like. What do you think it can be. I plan to clean the sidewinder and lube it. but I thought it was just done. Do you have a diagram of how the reg should be assembled so I can verify that it is put together properly.

Thanks for any help you can offer. :cheers:

Steelrat
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Here's the diagram for the sidewinder:

http://www.akalmp.com/07pdf/SIDEWINDER.pdf

I take it you are adjusting velocity using the sidewinder. Have you checked the LPR pressure? Have you changed the batteries, even using several different ones? One time I had to go through 3 "new" batteries to get one that worked on an excal I had.

Also, have you checked your WAS settings? If the dwell isn't high enough, i'd think that might affect your velocity.

As information, the marker should usually be shooting around 280-300 when the screw is flush with the bottom of the sidewinder.

Finally, have you tried multiple tanks? You might have a crappy tank. Also check your air fittings for any clogs or debris. I've found some ASAs, when screwed in too tight, actually restricted flow.

garbageman705
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I had the same problem with my excal, very picky on batteries, it only likes duracell or energizer. As far as FPS, raise the dwell to 10 or 12 on an 03 viking. Put the winder at 190 PSI and the LPR around 70.

mpsd
02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
It does have a really small kick that you can feel while shooting but, IMHO, that's one of the things that makes Mags so great to shoot. I mean, you can feel the shot but it's not enough to make you loose accuracy or something like that. I had a SP Shocker and it didn't have any kick at all but I thought that made the gun feel like "artificial", I don't know... Didn't like it. The Mag gives you some feedback and this small, almost inperceptible kick brings you a more real thing while shooting, I don't know. That's not an easy thing to describe :rofl: but that's something that makes some difference to me. I like it.

Mags rocks!!! Go for it!!! :headbang: