PDA

View Full Version : Best Setup for CO2

Fiveocommando
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I would like to own an Automag but am unfamiliar with them. My question is, what is the best setup for running CO2? Where I play CO2 is the most readily available air source. Any suggestions for the type of Automag and how it should be set up to properly function with CO2 would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a basic setup to get up and running without breaking the bank. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

phatty123
02-13-2008, 05:42 AM
I would like to own an Automag but am unfamiliar with them. My question is, what is the best setup for running CO2? Where I play CO2 is the most readily available air source. Any suggestions for the type of Automag and how it should be set up to properly function with CO2 would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a basic setup to get up and running without breaking the bank. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Get a classic mag because an RT wont work with c02. Get an expansion chamber and anti siphon co2 tank or remote setup.

-barry

ljpiller
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
If you plan on running remote, that will be good enough in most conditions. Just make sure you keep your tank in an upright position. That ensures only liquid is taken up through the line. The line itself acts kind of like an expansion chamber - it gives space for CO2 to warm up and expand. You do not want an anti-siphon tube if you are running remote.

If you plan on running the tank on-gun, it's a little more complicated. Most take a hose from the side of the gun, run it to a vertical adapter, have an expansion chamber plugged into the verticle adapter, and then have a hose running from it to a bottomline ASA and a tank that is fitted with an anti-siphon tube. The bigger the expansion chamber the better.

If you plan on playing in really cold weather I would recommend going with both an expansion chamber and a remote line.

tech-chan
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Read the faq.

hmudd13
02-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Try a set up like this............

I've never had any problems with Co2 on this marker. A good size expansion chamber, and an angled asa.
If you don't run an angled down asa, use an anti siphon tank.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/hmudd13/100_0007.jpg

Fiveocommando
02-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the help. So, am I correct in saying that if I get a classic mag and run it off of CO2 from a remote line then I should be okay as long as it isn't too cold outside? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. Also, does it matter what kind of bolt it has in it? I am quite ignorant of the different types of mags and their differences....have always used Tippmanns which are pretty idiot proof!! Thanks again for the help. :clap:

Shane-O-Mac
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Classic Valve with Level 7 bolt is what you need.

Where in Illinois are you located?

Fiveocommando
02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Classic Valve with Level 7 bolt is what you need.

Where in Illinois are you located?

I live in Rockford which is in northern Illinois.