PDA

View Full Version : gas-thru stock

Seanill
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm about to purchase this micromag.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/electroman77/2008-02-12-70995.jpg

I would like to put an air-thru t stock on it like this
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/ultraforge/marker.jpg

I was wondering how easily I could move the asa to position the stock like this. I don't know much about automags

tech-chan
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Since you already have the holes in that rail, it should'nt be hard at all. All you have to do is find the nuts and bolts that will put those two together and you got it. And it may take you awile to find that stock too... I don't think they are made anymore.

MechMags
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
It looks as if the Micro-Mag already has the mounting sockets/holes to attach the asa under the reg/valv, the question is going to be more of fit.

the duckbill currently on the micro may or may not fit w/o some moding... but nonetheless you should be able to get a similar setup w/ little difficulty.

and tech-chan is essentially correct. that particular type of stock from what i understand isnt made but will periodically come up in the b/s/t threads or the the'bay. They havent been an easy find for me as i am still looking for myself.

Seanill
02-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Since the line runs from the front grip to the asa how would i change that to run from the valve like in the second picture?

wetwrks
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Any one interrested in the stocks should contact me. I belive I have a line on them. Probably will run around $25.00 shipped.

wetwrks
02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Since the line runs from the front grip to the asa how would i change that to run from the valve like in the second picture?

I would change it to running from the valve to the asa and just leave the front grip out of the air system. That would be quite easy.

hmudd13
02-14-2008, 04:29 AM
I would change it to running from the valve to the asa and just leave the front grip out of the air system. That would be quite easy.

Totally, just remember to plug the holes so dirt doesn't get in there. You may want to switch back some day.

Jaan
02-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Don't forget that the old Automag "back bottle" ASA had different hole spacing than standard bottom line ASA's. I don't know about micromags, but if it's the same spacing as the old AGD back bottle then you'll need one of thier ASA's, and also thier screws since the heads are lower profile to fit under the valve.