01-16-2002, 03:58 PM
i posted this before but its nowhere to be seen so ill do it again
what laptop is the best in quality and performance

dell 8100
ibm A30

thanks for help

StanBo
01-16-2002, 04:57 PM
I own a Dell 8series. I love it. The customer support is outstanding. They are quick and will replace/fix parts quickly.

I use the IR port to print paperwork and hot sync my palm.

The screen is fantastic. DVDs are great!

I am able to take it to local LAN parties and play quake 3 on it. Most people don't think the laptop can keep up.

The only regret I have is that I did not wait for the hybrid DVD/CD-R drive. I can swap mine out though.

I purchased a second battery for it and can get a full shifts worth of work out of the machine before it needs to be plugged in.

I am able to access the Internet without any changes to my settings. I carry a 15' Cat5 patch cord I made.

You are getting a quality machine and quality software for the price.

My brother got a compac and it is nice but didn't have the software. He got Microsoft works while I got the full office suite.

It is a damn good machine. I am very happy with it. I upgraded to a Targus backpack cause she is kind of heavy.

AutoMaggot
01-16-2002, 05:15 PM
Toshiba S-504... These things are amazing! The built in satellite Altec Lansing speakers will blow you away... and they are hella fast too... 1.1 Ghz with 512 MB of RAM and the Geforce Mobile graphics card... cant beat that...

brett
01-16-2002, 06:16 PM
whats a LAN party? and i also heard that the dells are flimzy.

StanBo
01-16-2002, 06:22 PM
A LAN party is a party where all of my quake playing friends get together and hook all of their machines up at one person's home.

They are pretty cool. BBQ and games all day and night.
I find the dell to be a well made computer.

gmag
01-16-2002, 10:51 PM
1 word...THINKPAD.;)