PDA

View Full Version : Your Own Paintball Field

Full Demo
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
So what would you do if you had a ton of land? Turn it into a paintball field! But what would you do to make it awesome? The reason I ask is because me and my wife might be buying a ton of land soon and it has 4 fields once used for farming. I could develope the land, build houses, stuff like that, but why? That seems like too much work. Seems easier to just landscape and keep it "clean". This is just something I cooked up on my way home from work so its not like anything is settled. Still, nice to dream, right? And I wouldnt be doing this to try and make gobs of money off of renting it, im still keeping my day job, it paying for itself is all I really want. ANYWAY, what would you guys do with this property?

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1854/mopropxu7.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mopropxu7.jpg)

The area between field 4 and the garage is really wooded and has a slope, huge rocks, pretty much unusable. between field 4 and 3 is a huge slope, no way to connect them. you could connect fields 1, 2 and 3 but that would be huge! each field is 50x40 yards (around). Field one has a pretty big pond/lake and a smaller pond. Im sure you can figure out what the creek is. Its dried up, only gets water going through it if it rains. Please edit my picture to make it into YOUR dream paintball field!

DanMan
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I would do it. Working for wages isnt the way to wealth anyway. I think it would make an awesome paint ball field. Plus, With the other fields you could do an organic gardien or somthing. You can make a lot off those health nuts. I live out in the country now and wouldent move back for a million dollars... well maybe :D . I play paintball in my woods and it is awesome. The only thing i would do is make sure you have some bunkers but not too many. The rocks would make an interesting alternative to using trees for cover. Are there some water elements in there too? If so, you could run some sort of navy seal insertion senario thing with a rubber raft or somthing. Whatever you decide, if you can afford it land is always valuable and with the slump you can probably get it for a good price

Sumthinwicked
02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
insurance is all u have to worry about the local guy bought property and put up 5 speedball fields a pro shop and some spools in the woods insured it all with a field insurance opened up and is making a killing