PDA

View Full Version : Buying from AGD

RandomPaintSpray3454
02-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I was looking around on pbnation, and they said that Y-frames are no longer being made?!?!?!

I always thought that you could still order from AGD.. Can you? I saw the y-frame and was going to order one.. then I saw this on pbnation.. I thought it was the Z-grips that were out of production...

I had heard that AGD was out of business, but I thought they were still selling parts and mags!

Sorry, I'm out of the loop...

Foxworthy
02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Last I checked, which was yesterday or so, they were in stock on the website.

wetwrks
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Looks like they are still available.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=354&categoryID=9

robertsr1811
02-14-2008, 08:18 AM
You believed something that you heard on PB Nation? :wow:

Tx_Aggie
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
As far as I know, AGD is no longer manufacturing parts - but that doesn't mean that they aren't still in business. They're just selling the (large) store of parts that they have left.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Foxworthy
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
As far as I know, AGD is no longer manufacturing parts - but that doesn't mean that they aren't still in business. They're just selling the (large) store of parts that they have left.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Well the y-frames were out of stock a few months ago and now are in stock, so I'm sure they are still manufacturing.

RandomPaintSpray3454
02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah I guess it was dumb to believe what I heard on Nation. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm ordering a Y-frame soon.., and it will be pneu'd eventually

Tunaman
02-14-2008, 08:08 PM

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)Oh they are manufacturing parts all right...maybe more than ever. Just not as many at one time as they used to. ;)

garbageman705
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Long Live Agd!

t_boneshacone
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
well they arent really out of business, they just cant further their technology, they can continue to build what they were already building they just cant come out with new products

snoopay700
02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
well they arent really out of business, they just cant further their technology, they can continue to build what they were already building they just cant come out with new products
Hmm, guess i missed that memo, last i heard they weren't making new products simply because they didn't want to, but according to a thread i found from 5 days ago Tom doesn't plan to stay out of the running forever, he's keeping options open and so there's hope for a new product yet. For the first time in a while i have hope that this could be true, i used to be one of those people who said that they weren't ever going to come out with a new product, but now who knows.

garbageman705
02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Tom Kaye sold the business to his brother in law as far as I know.

Last I heard Tom was digging dinosaur bones in Wyoming.

AutomagRT1483
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh they are manufacturing parts all right...maybe more than ever. Just not as many at one time as they used to. ;)

I hope so. I placed an order last week for a new on/off assembly and I have still not received it.
I should have got it by now, I'm on the other side of the border. Ah well, at least I know it will work when I get it. :cheers: