PDA

View Full Version : Starting aSPONSORED team

bassplayermike
02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey every body my name is Mike Conley and I am starting a team i would try out for one but starting them is better and i was wondering if anybody was interested in trying out
My expireince is pretty good i have been playing for about5 years and i have traind with d1 and d2 teams and my gun set up is a smoke halo with a pmr LE and i have a pure energy 48/3000 tank if anybody who lives in the ohio area is interested pm me please

punkncat
02-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello Mike.

I have a question. Are you starting a team for a sponsor you already have, or are you thinking to get a team then find a sponsor, or are you asking if someone here is looking to sponsor the team you haven't gotten together yet?

You title seems a bit misleading in that respect.

Just as friendly advice, simply having run a few practices with teams doesn't make you any more worty of a sponsorship from anyone. You have to consider what you offer them in return for money put on the line for you.
Not even having a team together yet, and talking about sponsorship is pipe dream kind of stuff, unless you already happen to know someone with a checkbook open, or are fronting the money yourself.

Don't take me wrong. I applaud the confidence and your goal. Lots of kids (I admit I am making an assumption) talk about getting a team and being sponsored, etc, etc.
As an ex player on a semi sponsored team, let me tell you. It took almost two years of really hard work, winning every local series we could be involved in and THEN falling into a really lucky situation to become partially sponsored. And at best it only lasted the better part of one season due to forces outside out control. Its a lot of pressure, and very demanding.

My suggestion would be that IF you are looking to be sponsored that you go try out for an established sponsored team and go from there. Its much easier to accomplish when you are already there and think to fracture off, than to start from nothing and expect everything.

Good Luck

bassplayermike
02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
i have a few sponsors already and my team broke up so i checkrd with the sponsors and they said i have a couple of weeks to replace them before the contract is void the sponsors are karnage paintball redz and a few local establishments

SCpoloRicker
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
redz

Ruh-ro...

bassplayermike
02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
whats that supposed to mean

neppo1345
02-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Where at in Ohio DAWG?

bassplayermike
02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Jamestown but karnage dropped me and i will have to resign are you still interested

Lenny
02-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Where is Jamestown?

Myself and an old team mate are interested. We're in Akron.

I would laugh so hard if the majority ended up being AO-OH.

behemoth
02-29-2008, 07:01 AM
oh hai guise!

Jamestown is SE of Dayton.

neppo1345
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
is Dayton by Cincinnati?

Lenny
03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Well that's a bit of a drive from Akron...

bassplayermike
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
im alittle bit past xenia and just before wilmington