PDA

View Full Version : New angel coming from Warped Sportz

i-luv-my-rt
01-16-2002, 04:41 PM
http://www.warpedsportz.com/warped/800/warpedmain.htm

The new angel IR3 is the sweetest sounding gun ever. Yet, the stupidest at the same time. Just read about it and you will understand my point.

i-luv-my-rt
01-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Sorry guys....click on paintball then guns, then angels the the angel IR3. :p

OldSchoolMag
01-16-2002, 04:46 PM
$1800!!! I'm not ... that rich guy, for cripe's sakes!

The Mag Man
01-16-2002, 04:48 PM
What sounds so stupid about that? It sounds really interesting. Quite pricy though. Lots of new gagets on there, sounds like all the extras actually do something this time to :)

AngelBoy
01-16-2002, 04:56 PM
I found a new motto for "because quality always shoots straight" thread.

WDP - Adding more useless features to useless features than ever before!!!

Webmaster
01-16-2002, 05:08 PM
thip thip thip thip
"ah - hold on, I got a message on my angel!"

**Honey, after tournament, buy milk. Luv AV **

"Ok guys, Im -"
thip thip thip!!

Guy bunkering with an emag: "Hang up and play!"

i-luv-my-rt
01-16-2002, 05:20 PM
LOL exactly webbie, that was awesome. I'm not saying it wont be cool and all but come on infared communication stuff. Not feeling it. Now the crystal eye thing sounds great and the paddle system for feeding. I cant wait for pics.

zads27
01-16-2002, 05:22 PM
Hey, I heard you they're getting Targus to make a folding PDA keyboard for it, so you can write papers and it comes with quicken, so you can do your taxes as well, on the field!!

(jk)

The 'magic crystal' ACE type deal sounds interesting.. was about time someone (big company) came out with it (besides the ugly mod ones already out now)

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-16-2002, 05:27 PM
http://www.warpedsportz.com/warped/800/Paintball/markers/DaIr3/PreorderDA-IR3.htm

<B>*POOF*</B>

We've warned you before on language... tempban. -Miscue

nutz
01-16-2002, 05:27 PM
LOL

gun to gun messaging....
Atomated maitenence messages.....

This has gone too far! LOL :D

MajorDamage
01-16-2002, 05:38 PM
LOL thats good stuff! Can I get MSN messenger on that!?
Oh, nice one AngelBoy!!

ENDO!

a_malfunction
01-16-2002, 05:57 PM
If the other team has the same gun, could you program it to send a message that would shut his or her gun down for a short period of time? :) That would definitely add a new element to the game!

AngelBoy
01-16-2002, 06:01 PM
I can see it now... The new way for front guys to yell for help from the back guys. "Cobra IR3 Angel - now with Pentium 4 Processer so you get that extra speed in!"

Failure
01-16-2002, 06:10 PM
Actually, whats so useless about the features? The anti chop ball sensor? The more ambidexterous grip frame? 3 pivot trigger? Being lighter, better looking? Come on guys, don't be biased. Angel always puts out a good product. The text messaging and infrared port is most likely not included for text messages but for some technical side usage. It has a reminder for maintenance just like on some cars. This will be an excellent gun.

I for one am in awe of how well built and reliable an Angel is. It will only get better with time. I am equally suprised of how well an EMag is built and its performance despite its simplicity, on the other hand. This is the future of paintball that you are scoffing at. The times change and so do the products. $1800 for a dark angel vs $1600 for a SFL EMag. Which is a better deal here?

Actually I hear that 2003 angels will come standard with lojac and a Garman GPS system :P

MrRottenTreats
01-16-2002, 06:12 PM
am i the only one that thinks this is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really too good to be true????????????

Sir, you have an email telling you to remove this signature. Its offensive and you are now warned. I will make it invisible and give you some time to change it - cphilip

Gecko
01-16-2002, 06:17 PM
"Dave, why havn't you oiled me?"
lame movie referance.......
Gecko

Failure
01-16-2002, 06:19 PM
airplane?

deded
01-16-2002, 06:20 PM
if the mesaging system was easy to use, but i doubt it is, you could use it to communicate with your front, back players.

They should have just bypassed typed messages and put little FRS radios in there instead, that would actually be usefull. The ACE sounds nice, and the super customizable trigger seems cool too.

But for $1800 I could get an Extreme Emag and a 2 way pager :D

Motomaz
01-16-2002, 07:27 PM
HAHHA look at this ". ASTM Approved firing Modes (Extra 25 where premitted)" How many more types of shooting can u get :-)

i-luv-my-rt
01-16-2002, 07:29 PM
I am now bias at all. I love angels many of my team-mates use them. This has gone a little bit overboard. The crystal feature and the paddle sytem are sweet. The communication stuff, i dont like.

I am a big fan of angel milling and really like them. This thread was to show the new options and features in the paintball world.

Motomaz
01-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Are U kidding me I love angels too. Some people think there really pricey but u have life time warrantee. U have a lot of fireing modes that I think are cool. Also I like it's milling also. On the angel 3 there are some stuff they don't have to put on there. But most of all I think the put out a really good gun and dependable. I also like it because it doesn't have that many o-rings unlike my rt. I hate changing them.

Failure
01-16-2002, 08:01 PM
Yeah the angel has a few things that are not needed. The firing modes I could care less about because most fields don't allow them. The temperature sensor I've made use of though. You wouldn't think that you would but I do. The text messages may be a little overboard but I feel that the infrared port will be for other things. I'm not biased towards any gun company. Angels aren't that pricey. $1250 for a colored & carved angel isn't too bad. Lifetime warranty is only for non Factory guns. The stock guns perform the same as say a dark angel or adrenaline, save for a small bit less. The 2001 C&C angel(newest milling) in my opinion is the best looking gun on the market, the SFL Emag second and a ripper cocker in third. The stock IR3's are only $1500.

~WarpedRT~
01-16-2002, 08:16 PM
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will it do my homework for me too? Maybe I can pick up satelite transmissions and watch tv on there while I play. That must be their next version. "Satelite Dish Included". And it will include a feature that will make the balls heat seeking so they fly right around bunkers.

This is sheer crap. I don't know if you noticed, but tournament speedball games are far too fast paced to be sitting there typing a message. that will be this guns killer. Too many people chatting on MSN while playing, and getting shot out.

zads27
01-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Listen guys.. This was the first thing that came to mind when I read about it..

Straight from the NPPL rulebook..
"5.4 PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT
5.41. Prohibited equipment includes listening devices, communication devices and any form of electronic surveillance device, incendiary devices, smoke producing devices, red paint, paint which is toxic and not biodegradable and paint which has a shell, fill or both altered or augmented in any way."

The messaging didn't make much sense to me, but the infrared port seems to be more for diagnostic stuff, like a wireless angel data link. If you think about it, the infrared port is probably like most infrared transfer devices, and you need to use direct line of sight to your communication target.. I don't see the communication thing as being too great of a feature, but whatever.

:p All I can imagine is someone trying to send their friend a text message, thereby pointing their angel at the intended recipient.. but they accidentally brush the angel's "newly improved in a,b,c ways" hair trigger.. thereby sending the intended recipient a paintmark message instead, sent at 300 fps.

(i'm sure the sender of the 'accidental message' would get a dirty text message from the dead box :D )

Maghog
01-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Good point zads, the communication won't help in a tournament if it's not legal, but it is a really neat idea and if it's done right, it could be great for rec teams, although you don't see too many of them sporting 1800$ angels.
So the angel is entering yet another phase. Let's face it, the angel is a great little gun, it has been from the start. I only think it's unfortunate that each new angel leaves the old ones in the dust and makes them practically worthless, or at least unwanted.
Give me an E-mag any day, where I know that future developments are geared toward being added on to the gun I already own.
I'm not bashing the new angel at all, the features are inventive and inspiring, but I just don't see anything here that would make me want something that high tech when it still can't keep up with the rate of fire that an e-mag has.

i-luv-my-rt
01-17-2002, 02:10 PM
There on pre-order now at Paintballgear.com 1499.

Crazy
01-17-2002, 02:59 PM
did you people ever think that this gun is designed JUST for and ONLY for tourny players?

manike
01-17-2002, 06:17 PM
It will be NPPL legal. They checked all along that what they were doing would be allowed.

You can not send performance altering data when it is in use. It has to be within 3 feet for the IR data port to work.

I think it sounds fun :)

manike

mac2k4
01-17-2002, 06:28 PM
why is so many people doggin it? i think theres a lil' jelousy'eh yeah i think so
don't hate'em cause there brinigin this sport up, i mean think about it, there are some really nice additions here, i'm prolly goin to get one, depends on who sells it to me the cheapest though, not for no damn 18 though:-)

but seriously for only 15 to the average person, sounds like a good deal.

Muzikman
01-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Manike,
hmm..it does sound fun...wanna buy me one?:)

manike
01-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Manike,
hmm..it does sound fun...wanna buy me one?:)

Sure, send me 1800$ and I will buy one for you :)

manike