PDA

View Full Version : a good adjustabel input reg

BAZOOKA_Boy
02-15-2008, 05:38 AM
I have been thinking about this for a while, but I have been wondering what a good adjustable tank reg is, I have a tank that needs hydro soon and I have the tools to get the reg off, so when I get it back from hydro I want to put a new reg on it, what is a good one that will not break the bank, and will mount up nicely to an Emag??? :D Looking halfway decent is always a plus also!

and where to get one would also be a nice little tidbit of information.

going_home
02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
I have been thinking about this for a while, but I have been wondering what a good adjustable tank reg is, I have a tank that needs hydro soon and I have the tools to get the reg off, so when I get it back from hydro I want to put a new reg on it, what is a good one that will not break the bank, and will mount up nicely to an Emag??? :D Looking halfway decent is always a plus also!

and where to get one would also be a nice little tidbit of information.

Centerflag Dynaflow. Will adjust to 1000 and has the system bleed feature.
Most adjustable regs dont have system bleed, and to me thats mandatory.

Centerflags website is down so you will probably have to pick up one used.

:D

Ruler_Mark
02-15-2008, 08:20 AM
if CF gets back up thier dynaflow refurbs go for 75$ thats what i have, I highly suggest them to anyone.

Foxworthy
02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I've heard some good things about the Nitroduck I-Reg and they are a bit cheap. Not as adjustable as a Dynaflow though. If you do want to call centerflag I should be able to dig their number up since I've talked to them yesterday about fixing my reg.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Dynaflow or a hp maxflo are your two best bets. After that air america makes a decent system along with flatlines.

robnix
02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I've heard some good things about the Nitroduck I-Reg and they are a bit cheap. Not as adjustable as a Dynaflow though. If you do want to call centerflag I should be able to dig their number up since I've talked to them yesterday about fixing my reg.

I have one with the 1000 psi piston and love it. Small, light, cheap, and keeps up with an Xvalve.

DanMan
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
how do you get a tank w/o a reg. I see regs w/o tanks all the time but no tanks. Is there somewhere where you can just get the tank

Steelrat
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
If you're interested in a Dynaflow, I have one that isn't mounted to a tank that I'd be willing to sell. They are about the best regs to use on mags due to the fact that they can have a high output and they flow very well. It was the type of reg I used on the infamous 31 bps viking video I made with Z-man.

The dynaflow I have is one of the later generation ones with the removable dovetails. I can supply pics on request, just PM me if you are interested.

Steelrat
02-16-2008, 02:16 PM
how do you get a tank w/o a reg. I see regs w/o tanks all the time but no tanks. Is there somewhere where you can just get the tank
He's taking his current reg off.

As information, it might pay to have an expert take it off. It's easy to ruin your tank if it's done wrong.

robnix
02-16-2008, 02:45 PM

You can get out of hydro tanks with cheap regs on ebay for really cheap if you're patient.

Steelrat
02-16-2008, 02:51 PM
You can get out of hydro tanks with cheap regs on ebay for really cheap if you're patient.

Agreed. Send them to a hydrotest dot com for about $20 and buy a guerilla air myth for $30. Cheap way to get a great tank.

BAZOOKA_Boy
02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I am certified to take the regs off of tanks and reinstall them actually, and I hydro them locally through a safety supply company, its like $25...

I just got a high pressure piston for one of my PE tanks...(ok, I contacted PMI and the told me how to use my old low pressure piston's shims to increase the output to a consistent 1100) AKA add 3 shims from PE piston kits, it RT's quite nicely, but even better, I can still run the low(er) reliable dwell on my Emag...12, and not shoot down at 16bps anymore! :D

though when that tank I was talking about does go bad, I will defiantly be looking for a dynaflow, sounds like they are the best out there for the money...I know flatlines are nice, but they cost so much to have installed, expecially when I can do it myself! :ninja:

going_home
02-16-2008, 10:18 PM
I am certified to take the regs off of tanks and reinstall them actually, and I hydro them locally through a safety supply company, its like $25...

I just got a high pressure piston for one of my PE tanks...(ok, I contacted PMI and the told me how to use my old low pressure piston's shims to increase the output to a consistent 1100) AKA add 3 shims from PE piston kits, it RT's quite nicely, but even better, I can still run the low(er) reliable dwell on my Emag...12, and not shoot down at 16bps anymore! :D

though when that tank I was talking about does go bad, I will defiantly be looking for a dynaflow, sounds like they are the best out there for the money...I know flatlines are nice, but they cost so much to have installed, expecially when I can do it myself! :ninja:

And Flatlines dont have the system bleed either which is terribly annoying.
A real pain to get your valve off to tweak it when you cant bleed the system.

:wow:

olinar
02-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Thats actually the exact reson i got rid of my flatline. I was really annoyed of not having teh system bleed feature.

Plus having a screw in tank made it easier to mount the tank on various markers.