PDA

View Full Version : PbN vs AO

Tassel Mask
02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
I know the concept of AO was for mag lovers, but also the hard core baller. Has the image of AO as the supreme tech paintball website died with the advent of PbN? PbN users I know dont use AO, yet AO users almost all use PbN at some point (my opinion). I use it, yet I still feel like an AOr using PbN.

So which one do you guys like better?

AO for life!
TM

punkncat
02-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I don't really feel there is a comparison between the two.
PBN is a nightmare of bad attitude, flaming, poor grammer, agg,...the list is long. I don't go there unless I have to.
If you really want to dig around on the rare occasion when the search feature will actually work there is some good info there.

Tassel Mask
02-15-2008, 07:12 AM
PBN is a nightmare of bad attitude, flaming, poor grammer, agg,...the list is long. I don't go there unless I have to.

So when would you have to go there?

Do you feel PbN has a community, or just a bunch of ballers yacking it up? I'm biased, so thats why I am asking you guys. My thoughts on the situation are on the extreme, so I need fair assesment.

TM
The nice player :p

Old School 626
02-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Punkn hit the nail on the head.

As for PBN being a bunch of ballers yaking it up... How about a bunch of adolescent pukes trying to prove that their E-Peni is bigger than yours. Then of course there are the 10% (being kind here) of posters that mean well, post in english and the value of the content of their posts is greater than the energy it took to read it.

One thing I always thought humorous was their sigs, they post with pride that they where the number XXXX person to sign up for some personal players or even team's fan club.

Mechanic79
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I only go to PBN if I can't find something on AO or PBL.

PBN is a good resource for FAQ in the specific gun sections.

On another note I would NEVER PAY to use these private message boards! Which is why I only use PBN rarely.

Mikey B
02-15-2008, 10:50 AM
PBN is only good for selling something because of the mass amounts of people. Besides that, even comparing AO to PBN is asking for lost brain cells. The overall maturity level isn't even comparable. Come to AO if you want to learn how things work or actually get a usefull answer. Go to PBN if you want to make a video of you marker shooting fast then saying that's why your girlfriend loves you....

DanMan
02-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I dont use any other site except special ops and then only rarely. I like that there are no personal pictures or quotes or other junk on AO. That stuff makes reading what would be a short thread a nightmare. especially when all people post is coool, sweet, dude, that is awesome, what is a paintball? :mad:

RavishingEddie
02-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I am actually glad that there is a Pbnation. When you have smart people here in AO who can really tell the value of things, it can make selling some markers difficult. When I sell on PBnation it is much easier. Also PBnation is pretty much a buyers market. Those spoiled kids will want to sell their markers at all costs which means low cost.
The only problem is the risk in dealing over there.

NeedForSpeed
02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm mostly just a lurker here, and do most of my dealings on PBN and I have to say..there are a lot of nice people over on PBN. It depends on where you go, and what boards you post in.
Small Talk and the General boards are just out of the question besides the Voided Warranty where they're some pretty cool ideas. If you want info. on Mags you come here of course but I've hung around the Cocker section and a few other specific Marker sections and the people there are pretty cool. Every once and a while you get an immature poster on the loose but you just ignore it.
As far as the B/S/T goes, if your not looking for Mags it is THE PLACE for buying stuff.
There's also cool mature people over there..usually the longer they've been there the more you can trust them and deal with them. I'm having a sale to raise money for an organization and some cool people have chipped in.
Everytime PBN is mentioned over here its in a negative way..I guess I just wanted to defend the minority of posters that do good stuff over there.
Call me crazy but without PBN...I believe paintball may be a different game. But I guess that would be a good thing. haha

Hook
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Everytime PBN is mentioned over here its in a negative way..I guess I just wanted to defend the minority of posters that do good stuff over there.
Call me crazy but without PBN...I believe paintball may be a different game. But I guess that would be a good thing. haha

Let me say that seeing PBN in a negative eye isn't limited to the folks over here, but every other paintball forum I visit - A5OG/X7OG, M.Carter Brown, Underground Mod Shop.

But i think you hit the nail on the head - a MINORITY of posters over there do good stuff. It's just too bad that the good guys get overshadowed by the swarm of agg electro-wielding, gay-bashing teenagers over there.

In a nutshell, any ousider visiting the PBN forums will think it looks like a big mess, hence why they revert to smaller, kinder communities like here :)

NeedForSpeed
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Let me say that seeing PBN in a negative eye isn't limited to the folks over here, but every other paintball forum I visit - A5OG/X7OG, M.Carter Brown, Underground Mod Shop.

Haha, yes I know. I frequent most forums just to learn all the stuff that goes on in the game of paintball. I still feel like I don't know anything. I mean, I can play..but there's that whole other part to the game that doesn't get discussed on the field.
Nobody likes PBN but its a necessary evil to keep all the immature ones out.

azza
02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Ive never needed to, and the few threads Ive read that people post on the main NZ paintball site are enough reason to stop me from signing up.
There are far better forums out there that more friendly and more intelligent than pbn. (this being one of them of course)

Tassel Mask
02-16-2008, 01:25 AM
I read all the posts over, and I must say, there were some powerful points made to me about PbN.

1.the hostility of the forums, lack of individual respect
2.mass posts losing thier meaning, overshadowed forums
3. good members lost in the mix

I wonder how many of the good memers are also registered for other forums? Why is it there is almost hostility by other forums to denigrate PbN?

Good stuff guys, very insightful revies; look forward to reading more.

Ninjeff
02-16-2008, 02:04 AM
PbN hurts my head to read.

No seriously. No joke. I will actually get a head ache if i try reading too much over there. Reason being is because most threads are nothing but drivel and 1 or two actual posts. It really is made up of non-stop arguments. And ive tried. Really i have tried to look at PbN, but i just cannot take the mass amount of nonsense that happens there. Maybe its because the crowd is mostly younger players that still feel they have something to prove. Im older now, and just cant take that.
And why would i go there? Im a staunch AGD supporter, and AO is obviously the place to be for that. What else? Unique guns and interesting expiraments? I also belong to mcarterbrown. Stimmulating discussion about various in and outs of paintball? I also belong to pbl for that. So why would i go somewhere to try and deal with mass amounts of people, when i can go and have a conversation on here or pbl? Its like trying to "hang" out at a huge concert versus hanging out at a buddies house. I feel like im PART of AO, and PART of PBL. I wear my AO jersey with pride, not just because i love mags, but because the people here, by and large, are infinitely helpful and courteous.

And trying to SELL on PBN? Pssshhh, not a chance. Ive tried selling multiple times there, and not once has anything sold that i can recall. Its just TOO crowded. By the tiem i finish typing my post, its already on the 3rd page. Buying? Well, i know people here and on other forums, i TRUST the people here. PbN? Not so much.

DBC
02-16-2008, 11:05 AM
To me, the posts in AO are on a much more mature level than PBN. I only read PBN for a few days till I could not take it any more.

p8ntbal4me
02-16-2008, 09:13 PM
PbN hurts my head to read.

No seriously. No joke. I will actually get a head ache if i try reading too much over there.

I know what you mean,.. this look familiar at all

Go to search,.. type in the word: "stock" or "used"

Select the BST section.

Heres what you will see:

●●●●●●●●●●●● $225 ION UP'd on crack - Custom Built selling for ONLY $225
$^$^$^blue/black Pm6$^$^$^f/s/t
☆☆☆QCK/K3 B/S/T!! Shockteck DM5, Pred Dark Angel LCD, WAS'd 98 Pro - BRING $$ only☆☆☆
3 EGO's 1 Thread WOW!! 07 Black Ego -- 06 Desert Camo Ego -- 06 Dark Green Ego -- F/S
~*~*~*CHEAP/HOT PM8 Proto Matrix 08 W/UL Barrel. Bring TRADES, CASH, OR BOTH~*~*~*
######storm Trooper Marq 7 Rapper######tadao#######
$$$*** ASSASSINpb's USED MARKER SALE EGOs DM's PMR's & MORE ***$$$
• • • • • LNIB Smart Parts Ion Pro • • • • • ~Want Dm4, SFT, Mini, Pm5, Come Look!~

They might as well be selling crack on there,.. cause thats what its going to take for me to figure out how to stay awake long enough just to figure out that its an add for a Ego and not a bunch of ☆☆☆or • • •

~ P8nt

Tassel Mask
02-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I never understood what the heck all that ment. Glad im not the only one.

daniam
02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
well , the maturity level can be at an all time low with the mentioned spoiled agg kiddies over there, but, the voided warranty section can be pretty interesting indeed, there are quite a few very creative people over there
the trick to deal with all the bs and flaming, is to use maturity, respect and FACTS, just a little advice, i really don't think its too bad over at PBN if you stick with that
also, if you ever need a good laugh, and watching stupid kiddies makes you laugh, its not to bad after a long day at work, for cheap entertainment.

TnDeathInc
02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
avoid it use mccarterbrown if you need another source

50 cal
02-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I tried using PBN for a while. A very short while. The "my gun makes your gun look like ****" attitudes was a turn off.
Learn some proper context of the English language and practice it.