PDA

View Full Version : So I decided to cut the neck of my Halo B

Hook
02-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I was only able to slide in half of my Halo B's neck in my CCM no-pro clamp feedneck, and it started to show stress marks on the plastic inside.

So I decided to take a saw and hack away. The reloader's neck now sits flush with the CCM feedneck, but was wondering if this will negatively affect the ball stack? I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks great:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/pvcHook/Tac-One/IMG_6122.jpg

Any potential issues with this? I cut off almost half of the Halo's neck.

rawbutter
02-15-2008, 09:58 AM
You know... you really should have asked about this before you went ahead and sliced off half the feedneck. ;)

I did the same thing to my Halo B, though, and I haven't experienced any problems so far. Course... I've only had it that way for a few months.

Hook
02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I know, I know... My implusive nature made me do it, I swear! :D

Well, from what I've read, there doesn't seem be be any issues by doing so. I guess all this time using a Qloader, and how the length of the feed tube is important, eventually gets to you!

NeedForSpeed
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Yea, you'll be fine. I've done that too all of my hoppers.
Blacks mags are amazing :hail:

gus13
02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I did the same with my evoII and haven't had a problem with it, I tried it with a halo and ended up cracking the shell all the way up to the battery door, so yah, I'm intelligent. :rolleyes:

Steelrat
02-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I did the same with my evoII and haven't had a problem with it, I tried it with a halo and ended up cracking the shell all the way up to the battery door, so yah, I'm intelligent. :rolleyes:
Evo needs the length because it's a gravity feed, HALO doesn't because it is force fed.

Resurection
02-16-2008, 06:50 PM
That's a beautiful micro-rail on that mag, where did you get it? ;)

Hook
02-16-2008, 11:31 PM
That's a beautiful micro-rail on that mag, where did you get it? ;)

Lol, yeah... Thanks again for that! It looks great on it. The on/off ASA should be here any day now.