PDA

View Full Version : How has YOUTUBE effected paintball?

Tassel Mask
02-16-2008, 01:35 AM
I dont know about you guys, but I am addicted to YOUTUBE! I watch SMOSH, JOE BUCK SHOW, LISA NOVA (she sx to me), Dax Flame, and all the other little one hit wonder clips we've all seen. My team SGA even put together a vid last year for fun called MONOPOLY EXPOSED.

What I want to know is, how has YOUTUBE effected your paintball?

I used it to promot a trip during a speech to promote a SKIRMISH paintball trip to I.O.N. Not to mention watching all the paintball vids uploaded by amatures such as FPS, who is a good guy and I suggest everyone check out his histerical helmet cam vids from the field.

OK guys, look forward to hearing from you all. FYI, I'm playing ELO "Hold On Tight." Its the song from the 2008 Honda Accord commercial. Got stuck in my head and I found it on youtube. Had no idea ELO sang it.

TM

going_home
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
What is youtube ?

:rolleyes:

maniacmechanic
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
mostly it is a good place to see idiot's , from what i've seen

questionful
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes youtoube AFFECTED my view of paintball a little. It is the only way I ever see pro paintball.

Tassel Mask
02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Affexted, effected...I always get that wrong and probally always will.

What i mean is do you gusy think the paintball industry will start catoring more twards video recording devices on their guns, and less on other improvements?

I think this is going to be a NEXT GEN idea.

I love YOUTUBE!

questionful
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, more paintball on youtube would be awesome.

What I thought though, was they would have cameras surrounding the field from various angles, and then with that imagery, reconstruct the action on a computer. Then, you could analyze a game from ANY perspective you wanted, or better yet make an FPS type thing that isn't limited to crappy resolution, bumpy movement, and aaaaall of the many restrictions that come with helmetcams or barrel-mounted cams. And the computery graphics would just add to the sickness. Think about it, you could pause, rewind, zoom, teleport, color code, and modify stuff just like that. You could really put yourself in a particular player's shoes, know exactly what they were looking at, etc.

Of course, the technology required to do that isn't quite here, especially at any sort of affordable price. I guess for now people should just get some wide-angle barrel-cams.

Tassel Mask
02-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah, more paintball on youtube would be awesome.

What I thought though, was they would have cameras surrounding the field from various angles, and then with that imagery, reconstruct the action on a computer. Then, you could analyze a game from ANY perspective you wanted, or better yet make an FPS type thing that isn't limited to crappy resolution, bumpy movement, and aaaaall of the many restrictions that come with helmetcams or barrel-mounted cams. And the computery graphics would just add to the sickness. Think about it, you could pause, rewind, zoom, teleport, color code, and modify stuff just like that. You could really put yourself in a particular player's shoes, know exactly what they were looking at, etc.

Of course, the technology required to do that isn't quite here, especially at any sort of affordable price. I guess for now people should just get some wide-angle barrel-cams.

What you described sounds like a Madden QB Club instant replay, or Matrix graphics effect. Awesome!

TM