PDA

View Full Version : ULT problems

Bassaro
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey guys I am working on a spydermag right now but can't seem to get it to work. I believe that the problem lies with my ult. When I gas my marker up I can only get it to fire 1 out of every 3 trigger pulls. and when it does fire I only get a small shot with very little power to it. Any ideas??

DevilMan
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
What's your output of your tank??? And what's the tank pressure??

That's what it sounds like to me... but I don't know much about em..

DM

Bassaro
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Tank is outputting about 850psi

DevilMan
02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
And how much do you have in the tank still??? I know mine start acting up when you get down to the 1200-1500PSI mark... It don't recharge cause the tank pressure is low so it takes longer for the valve to get back up to the 850 mark. If you pull the trigger and it fires and say you do it 1 pull per second and it fires on every 5 pull.... take it and pull the trigger to fire then count off 1, 2, 3, 4, and pull on 5. See if it fires then.

DM

Bassaro
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I just put a longer spring in and increased the velocity and had better results. It will now fire on every shot but I cannot achieve a high rate of fire with it. It sounds as though the LVLX is struggling. I only have one shim in the ULT do you think I should add more?

DevilMan
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
can't tell you anything about the ULT's as I don't have any that I've had to deal with. There should be plenty enough other folks here that know more and will hopefully speak up and get you going in the right direction.

Have you done a search on youtube for the AGD troubleshooting vids??

DM

Dr.Demo
02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm useing 6 shims in my ULT. 2 in the level 10. but I'm running a differnt setup. 68 classic but with X-valve and intelli frame. When I had only 2 shims in the ult it would not work right as far as walking the trigger. I think you have to tune the level 10 & the ult with shims find the right combo....

Coralis
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
try adding another shim or two to the ult ( i use 2 in my hyperframed mag) also make sure the battery is fresh and that solenoid is pulled back away from the sear arm far enough .... those pancake solenoids see to work the best when they have a running start on moving the sear arm , if what i'm saying make sense to you.