PDA

View Full Version : Quotes For Anno?

Ninjeff
02-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, ive been attempting to get quotes on an anno job for my mag. I have emailed Gruntbull, and PBModShop, over a week ago, and no response. How long does this usually take?

NeedForSpeed
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I know of a few other guys who annodize markers and parts. Pm me if you can't get a hold of them.

going_home
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
BAZOOKA_Boy did my Phoenix .

;)

Ninjeff
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
well, i need someone not TOO expensive, trustworthy, and a good turn around time. Season starts in 3 weeks, and id like to have it around that time.

Dewok82
02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Make sure that when you request a quote you don't sound like a retard. Give them a detailed description of exactly what you want done.

Here is the latest work request I sent out to multiple anodizers. I received replies from most within hours.

"Hello -

I would greatly appreciate a quote for the following job:

Total Parts Count = 14
The desired color for all parts is black
Parts to be Gloss / Polished Black = 3
Parts to be Dust Black = 11

A picture of all the parts can be seen here:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/AnoParts1.jpg

Gloss / Polished Black Parts (3 total):
1 - Automag ULE Body (custom milled, currently gloss)
1 - Automag Fireblade Trigger (currently raw)
1 - Hyperframe Grip Panel*
*The Hyperframe grip panel was formerly powdercoated. I removed 98% of the powdercoating with Aircraft Stripper, however, there are a few stubborn parts on the inner surface where specs of powdercoat remain. I don't care how the inside of the panel looks. Only the outer side needs to be gloss, the inside can be dust.

Dust Black Parts (11 total):
1 - AKA Merlin Body (Mini-Length)
1 - AKA Merlin Front Block
1 - AKA Merlin Back Block
1 - AKA Merlin Detent Cover
1 - Autococker Frame
1 - Autococker Body (custom milled, Full-Length)
1 - Autococker Vertical ASA
1 - Autococker Back Block
1 - Automag Rail (custom milled)
2 - Automag Eye Covers (custom pieces)

All of the parts are completely disassembled and ready to be packed up and shipped out.

Please provide a quote for the anodizing work and return shipping to 17013 (Carlisle, PA). I can pay and ship the parts out immediately.

Thank you for your time.
Derek"

Ninjeff
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
well, my quote request wasnt THAT specific, maybe that is the problem. Still, im pretty well spoken, and i dont think my questions were too far off the marks.

"Looking for a quote on my Chimera Framed ULE Automag. Total 11 peices. Looking for a bright and vivid green with a darker green splash. Would prefer the splash to be thinner, and long. Much like the "old school" splashes of the late 90s. Please send quote to email xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com. Can have marker ready for shipment asap."

Dewok82
02-17-2008, 10:01 PM
well, my quote request wasnt THAT specific, maybe that is the problem. Still, im pretty well spoken, and i dont think my questions were too far off the marks.

"Looking for a quote on my Chimera Framed ULE Automag. Total 11 peices. Looking for a bright and vivid green with a darker green splash. Would prefer the splash to be thinner, and long. Much like the "old school" splashes of the late 90s. Please send quote to email xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com. Can have marker ready for shipment asap."

I'm not an anodizer, but I have a general understanding of the process. Telling them "11 peices [sic]" isn't telling them much. There's a big difference between doing 11 small pieces and 11 large pieces. What are the 11 pieces? As far as the anodizer knows, you may be including your X-Valve. Many anodizers aren't comfortable with doing X-Valves (understandably so).

The current finish and desired finish are also clutch. Is your marker currently dust? Is it currently gloss? Do you want a dust or gloss finish?

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS

Ninjeff
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
OKok. Fair enough. I will resubmit and include more details. Ive never had a marker anno'd before so im a bit of a newb. Still, i dont think its too much to ask for them to mail me back and say "what are the 11 peices, what finish etc etc" as a way of getting buisness.

Oh well. I'll just send it again.