PDA

View Full Version : Mags Pwn aggs!

anomoly40
02-18-2008, 03:20 AM
Ok I apoligize for that title. But I have to tell you a story. It should make any mag-lover feel good inside. You might even tip your waitress' a little extra and gladly tell her you shoot a mag. This is a story of legends, a story better than that of Bobby Dukes, only because it was done with a mag and had nothing to do with me cheating. This is a story similar to the little engine that could, a story similar to David and Goliath, a story similar to a Festiva beating a Mustang, yeah that's bada**. This is how the story begins...

Sunday, February 17th in the year of our Lord two thousand and eight, a couple of tournament teams were practicing. Our hero of the story began the day with a Marq6, after a couple of games he noticed that the marq did not like to shoot whole paintballs. He then switched to his 06 Cyborg with the same results. After cleaning the markers several times, he grew tired of taking little screws out and fumbling with wire harness'. He then decided to wander the fields, stumbling upon a group of kids playing speedball. All of these kids had rental markers, vests, and were blind shooting but that wasn't what stopped him. What had caught his attention was the children's facial expressions and their general happiness. They were getting shot at and they were having fun. Their guns weren't messing up, if they were these kids didn't seem to care.

This made our hero, anomoly40, sad. Wishing he could have fun in this game of paintball again. He started sobbing. He started to get mad. He looked to the heavens and screamed "WHY!", scaring the lady with the nachos sitting near him. Then he remembered. "Could I have?" he asked himself. He hopped up, and ran to his gear bag, looked inside, and the answer was clear. "Yes, I did. I packed it.", he said while picking up a 68 Classic and a Lapco Bigshot. But then he realized how long it had been since he had aired it up, surely there were bad orings or something, he thought as he unscrewed the tank off his Cyborg. To his suprise, there were none.

"Hey! Get your stuff, we're going again." said his team mate, as he tightened the top elbow screw around his gravity fed hopper. He threw a pod into the hopper, grabbed his mask and allen keys and headed to chrono his old friend. It'd been a while and the marker was just proud to be shot, first shot was high. "Come on now, you remember it's 280. Don't let those electros get to you." Hero said. A little turn of the wrench and she was back down showing them what consistant ment.

He walked onto the field, they were in awe. It wasn't pink or orange or ninja black, it was flat gray. They had never heard of Lapco before. Who uses single triggers anymore? They were all looking at him, staring, laughing. No one wanted to be on the team with the Mag.

"3, 2, 1, GO! GO! GO!" Running, sliding, shooting. POOM POOM POOM POOM. 1 down. POOM POOM POP POP POP! He had forgotten he was in the shake and bake world now. A world of manual agitation. POOM POOM POOM POOM POOM. 2 were gone now. Run, slide. After a gun battle and a little kung-foolery, the third was shot.

He walked off the field, they were in awe. It wasn't pink or orange or ninja black, it was flat gray. They had never seen that before. Who can use a single trigger like that anymore? They were staring at them, laughing. An entire team had fallen to the Mag.

Ninjeff
02-18-2008, 04:12 AM
:headbang: :shooting:

pyrodragon
02-18-2008, 06:29 AM
what a good time for a bed time story. best one i have heard in a long time. thanks. :headbang:

punkncat
02-18-2008, 07:32 AM
I still think its kind of funny...peoples perception that its the marker that matters. :ninja:

BigEvil
02-18-2008, 07:47 AM
An Epic tale :hail:

Warwitch
02-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I still think its kind of funny...peoples perception that its the marker that matters. :ninja:

Marketing FTL :cuss:

Great story!

DevilMan
02-18-2008, 10:12 AM

It's markers that matter when they act right and don't give ya crap. It gives ya the guts to get up front and know that you will be SHOOTING not SPRAYing at people.

To know there are no batteries to die, no eyes to shut off, no boards to go bad or mode buttons to switch.

I will play up close and personal all day long with a gun I know will shoot every time I pull the trigger and not strand me on the front line with a little blinking light saying, "Sorry bud... this is as far as we go" or better yet, "The lord tells me he can get me outta this..... but he's pretty sure you're screwed!!!!"

So no it's not all the gun and it's not all the player. But when you have a gun that won't quit and don't let you down you learn to take that and build off of it. PLUS you have no excuses for failing.

How many times has someone come off the field after being shot... "My batteries died otherwise I would have had you!!!" or "My eyes got dirty and the gun wouldn't shoot or your butt would have been mine off the break!!!"

So yeah it makes some difference. Don't get me wrong I'm not a mag specific person. Hell I own all kinds. Mostly midgrade stuff. But I don't like batteries and I don't like electronics in a "RELIABLE" gun. So I'll stick with my pumps and my battless mags when I want to know the gun will do what I wish it to do.

Sorry for the ramble...

YMMV,

DM

snoopay700
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Good story, that's one of the things that is making me unsure if i want to get a halo and up my marker so it shoots faster, because i definitely don't need to, it would just be nicer to shoot faster, but i love it when people realize they've fallen to a really old, non electric marker.

Stayhuge
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
:cheers: Great Story :dance:

ravenlord
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
There is not better feeling then owning an agglet with an old mechanical gun. It is even better when you can shoot said mechanical faster then they can shoot their electro.

I am a huge fan of the mechanical markers, first one was a mag. (only started playing 2 years and a bit ago) and now I have a blazer and looking for a cocker. Most people will look at my choice of marker and say, get out of the stone age, or is that an ,insert marker here, No kid ever looks at a mechanical gun anymore. Spyder and Tippmanns excluded. Most of them want to believe that Electronice are where it is at. The only thing I will ever have that is electronic is going to be the 12v Revvy.

drg
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Reliability is all about familiarity and maintenance.

Dirge
02-18-2008, 08:54 PM
:cry: that was beautiful.

mr doo doo
02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
actually liked this story. a :dance: for you! AGD for life :headbang:

anomoly40
02-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Reliability is all about familiarity and maintenance.

You forgot quality. Because quality always shoots straight.

And its also funny that the most reliable was one I haven't touched, much less oiled, in a year at least.

drg
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
You forgot quality. Because quality always shoots straight.

And its also funny that the most reliable was one I haven't touched, much less oiled, in a year at least.

Actually you can to a large degree overcome poor quality and the related reliability problems with familiarity and maintenance.

OneUp
02-18-2008, 09:42 PM
lies, borgs don't fail. :ninja:

but i'm sure mags pass with higher scores :)

SN toter
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
good story. I take a mag out for at least one game every time I go out, regardless of what else I pack and it always seems to be the eye grabber. People are always impressed with how well it shoots and asking 'what is that?'...I must have talked 40 people into buying mags last year.

AGD
02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Great story and well told!!

AGD

WalkingTarget
02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
that made me take my mag off the wall and pop off a few shots :shooting:

jhill112
02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
indeed

anomoly40
02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Actually you can to a large degree overcome poor quality and the related reliability problems with familiarity and maintenance.

Ok, I see now, familiarity with a CNC machine and endless maintenance after each game. :)

I think the old saying goes, "You can't polish poop". :)

BlueDragonX
02-18-2008, 11:32 PM
What a wondrous bed time story! I shall go to bed happy, with this story in my mind, and Mag parts in the mail :dance:

OneUp
02-19-2008, 12:15 AM

It's a different story once they're fossilized, I think :p

drg
02-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Ok, I see now, familiarity with a CNC machine and endless maintenance after each game. :)

As long as you ask of your poop, only what it can actually do ;)

Lenny
02-19-2008, 03:44 AM
Wow. That was magical.

anomoly40
02-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Except magic isn't real.

MechWarrior
02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Except magic isn't real.

I think Lenny was trying to say this story is Mag-ical or Mag-tastic!

Keep rocking the Mechs! :headbang:

anomoly40
02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Ooh, mag-ical. I get it.

From now on, I've got a mag in the bag.

^ Statement is patent pending.

Indignant
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
god you guys are terrible. let's replace "mag" with "Ego" or "DM6" every time in the thread and watch it instantly be scorned... because those guns don't require any skill, right?

anomoly40
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Because mags aren't fad guns. It'd be like a old Taurus winning NASCAR races. It's a story of human triumph. A story of when egos and DM's don't work, Mags do. A modern day Revolution.

Would the History of our Country winning any war be interesting if they would have had the Atomic bomb?

Lenny
02-21-2008, 04:02 AM
I think Lenny was trying to say this story is Mag-ical or Mag-tastic!

Keep rocking the Mechs! :headbang:
Well, not really, but we'll go with that!

Ooh, mag-ical. I get it.

From now on, I've got a mag in the bag.

^ Statement is patent pending.
Quick! Before SmartParts beats you to it!

questionful
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I think the word "Patent" has been patented by SP.

Ratt
02-27-2008, 05:17 AM
I think the word "Patent" has been patented by SP.

Oops...you said the "P" word. You now owe SP thousands of dollars. They will be at your door shortly... :ninja:

This story was great. I am going to read it to my 6-year-old tonight when I send him to bed.

phizz
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
haha nice story! :headbang:

BigDaddyJob
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Kinda reminds me of how my friend at the college got his BRAND NEW Proto SLG yesterday, took it out, and my Tac One beat his SLG in speed and accuracy(stock barrels) because his Eyes wouldnt let him shoot half the time and my LVLX popped back on me maybe once! He now has everything he could find for upgrades on the way so he can beat it!

Mech's FTW :headbang:

mobsterboy
02-28-2008, 12:43 AM
god you guys are terrible. let's replace "mag" with "Ego" or "DM6" every time in the thread and watch it instantly be scorned... because those guns don't require any skill, right?

no... they require some skill.... Just less than shooting a mag requires.