PDA

View Full Version : how to take apart air system

SHOCKER1050
02-18-2008, 01:04 PM
hey,
how do i disconnect my valve from my tank....i have a old maxflow style on it now and i wanna switch out to a preset...is this possible

thedeceiver
02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
hey,
how do i disconnect my valve from my tank....i have a old maxflow style on it now and i wanna switch out to a preset...is this possible

Its pretty easy. First off make sure you have 0 pressure in the tank. In your case have the on/off open until no more air comes out.

The reg is screwed into the tank, so you just have to unscrew it. It is very difficult by hand. I advise that you go out and buy yourself a rubber strap wrench. That should definitely do the trick. Here's an example of what one looks like...

http://www2.northerntool.com/product/200306401.htm

djellum
02-18-2008, 06:55 PM
pretty basic screw off and screw on, but remember not to put any substance on the threads. they dont require locktite sealer, or oil and putting these things on them can cause safety issues. just make sure the threads clean and dry and your golden.

Also you dont have to throw your weight into putting the regulator on. You want it make sure the bottom of the regulator is flush with the tank, then just firm it down a bit. My max flow instructions just said to install the rail and reg on the marker and just hand tighten it using the marker as some extra leverage.

SHOCKER1050
02-18-2008, 09:23 PM
cool thanks guys