PDA

View Full Version : Fastest proven mag speed.

ravenlord
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I am getting curious on this one. Because there are now electros getting up into the 40 something CPS. What is the fastest attainable speed you can get a mag firring. I know that there have been videos of a mag shooting at 30+ but I want to see an actual test done to prove that a mag is still the fastest marker out there.

The key here is proven speed. That does not mean I want to see a video with a guy shooting, I want to see either high speed video camras getting photo proof, or a radar seeing the speed. Big reds don't count. I more or less just want to prove to some people that a mag is faster then their fancy battery powered electro.

Old School 626
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Your answer lies HERE! (http://www.zakvetter.com/)

txaggie08
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Then goldwave the vetter videos.

That's as fast as they can shoot, I don't know what you think your going to accomplish duplicating the videos then gold waving them. Good luck finding a loader that can feed that fast btw...

Oh and let's compare apples to apples.s....CPS doesn't count. The ego on youtube...guess what, that's CPS in training mode....

ravenlord
02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't wish to fire that fast, I just wish to show someone that a mag is in fact the fastest gun on the market still.

But thank you for the site.

Robbie
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM
if your dating wonder woman ..but everybody else thinks she is fatt and ugly would you care?
I never see the point to these
fastest
lightest
most modes
threads.
If you love what your shooting should it make a difference?
Maybe one day the guns will start asking the questions.
Is this who i should be shot by???
some lame hack that cant run and shoot.
cant snap shoot. cant one ball it.
god forbide he could run. or not take a 2 hr llunch break.......fatty
one day the gun is going to realize that your making it look bad and will just quit on you.
so here is a bettor questiion.
Are you making your gear look bad on the paintball field?

Chronobreak
02-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I am getting curious on this one. Because there are now electros getting up into the 40 something CPS. What is the fastest attainable speed you can get a mag firring. I know that there have been videos of a mag shooting at 30+ but I want to see an actual test done to prove that a mag is still the fastest marker out there.

The key here is proven speed. That does not mean I want to see a video with a guy shooting, I want to see either high speed video camras getting photo proof, or a radar seeing the speed. Big reds don't count. I more or less just want to prove to some people that a mag is faster then their fancy battery powered electro.

40 cps is not nor near 40bps

anyone can claim anything they want, i think we have all known that. if they had a marker that would shoot 40 true bps you better believe theyd be showing that off.

drg
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Sound analysis is considered proof in most circles. Any reason it's not in yours?

ravenlord
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I know, I usually do not start these threads. I needed some hard information about mags to back up my claim that a mag is still the fastest marker out there. Someone challanged my statement so I needed to back it up.

Though odds are I do make the gun look bad.

madcrisis
02-19-2008, 06:07 PM
isnt the frankenmag the fastest cycling mag?

ThePixelGuru
02-19-2008, 06:32 PM
isnt the frankenmag the fastest cycling mag?
Theoretically, but for some reason I don't think they could ever determine its maximum ROF. That's without paint, anyway.

Anyway... http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/295426-post14.html

Steelrat
02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Like someone said, apples to apples. IF they want to compare CPS, show them a cheap runaway blowback like a spyder, that'll do far more than 40 cps. If they want to do BPS, make sure they understand that it has to be the number of balls shot in a full second, not some reading off the back of their gun or the best two shot burst.

If you look at the vetter site, you can see my viking hitting 31 BPS, and Zak's mag hitting 32 BPS, if I recall correctly.

snoopay700
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Like someone said, apples to apples. IF they want to compare CPS, show them a cheap runaway blowback like a spyder, that'll do far more than 40 cps. If they want to do BPS, make sure they understand that it has to be the number of balls shot in a full second, not some reading off the back of their gun or the best two shot burst.

If you look at the vetter site, you can see my viking hitting 31 BPS, and Zak's mag hitting 32 BPS, if I recall correctly.
Hell, his mag fires at 34.3 bps on his site.

Steelrat
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Hell, his mag fires at 34.3 bps on his site.

Yeah, but he had to hook it up to a scuba tank ;) I hit the 31 with a dynaflow. So I declare myself the winner.

snoopay700
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but he had to hook it up to a scuba tank ;) I hit the 31 with a dynaflow. So I declare myself the winner.
Pshaw, 34 bps is 34 bps :D

I'll run around with a scuba tank on my back to prove you wrong if i have to :rofl:

questionful
02-19-2008, 11:37 PM
What do you need to do to a mag to get it to shoot that fast?

Dawg047
02-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Dude, that is hilarious. I literally laughed my butt off. When you join AO, you should have to watch that before you become a member. Seriuosly though, this stuff has been talked about before. Every since the Classic valve then the RT then the X, it has all been answered. Is the Automag the fastest gun in the world? Probably, but who knows. There are too many factors and too many variables. I say my gun shoots 34, well I say it shot 31. Well, my goldwave shows 34, well mine shows 31. The fact is, if it looks fast, it is fast. Most likely, you don't have a hopper that feeds fast enough, we can't rely on video to get perfect results withought speculation. Who really cares. PSP is now 13bps, it was 15. Are we going backwards now. What is the next AGG thing, the slowest gun or who can shoot a true 13 bps? Who knows, who cares. If you are not playing PSP, what are you going to do, bonus ball some kid shooting 34bps at him when he only plays twice a year at the local field? It does not matter what is the fastest marker. It matters what is right for you and what you need to accomplish what you are wanting to do.
NOW, to support the Mag, APG a long while back posted the Micro-Emag or the X-Mag, can't remember which one but it said 36BPS on the cover of the Magazine so there you go.
If you don't have the info to support your claims WHEN you make them, don't make them.
Oh, by the way, my Classic Pnuemag Shoots 49bps and I have the GoldWave to prove it, that is after hooking the valve to a Jet Engine off of a Boeing 747 that I do by the way carry on my back. :eek:

spacedtedybear
02-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Pshaw, 34 bps is 34 bps :D

I'll run around with a scuba tank on my back to prove you wrong if i have to :rofl:
Make sure you use braided hose with good solid steel connectors. Remote lines may be rated for 3000psi, but their fittings aren't.

BTW: Hey Ryan, how've you been?

Army
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
34 was the fastest Zak was able to test it to...it is not as fast as it can go, which is unknown at this time.

My Emag was witnessed at 26 balls out the barrel, with no indication of shootdown.

Cycles mean nothing. Full power shots are what the goal is.

Rudz
02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
magger mention something abt tweaking the x valve to get near 40 bps? idk what he did, but he mentioned it here somewhere

BigEvil
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
if your dating wonder woman ..but everybody else thinks she is fatt and ugly would you care?
I never see the point to these
fastest
lightest
most modes
threads.
If you love what your shooting should it make a difference?
Maybe one day the guns will start asking the questions.
Is this who i should be shot by???
some lame hack that cant run and shoot.
cant snap shoot. cant one ball it.
god forbide he could run. or not take a 2 hr llunch break.......fatty
one day the gun is going to realize that your making it look bad and will just quit on you.
so here is a bettor questiion.
Are you making your gear look bad on the paintball field?

^
EPIC

snoopay700
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Make sure you use braided hose with good solid steel connectors. Remote lines may be rated for 3000psi, but their fittings aren't.

BTW: Hey Ryan, how've you been?
Not like i would actually do that.

And if i remember the RT valve is theoretically capable of cycling 42 times per second. I'm pretty sure that we'll never see it fire any faster than 34 unless someone finds a super fast loader.

Chronobreak
02-20-2008, 04:21 PM
you can modify a warp to do that easy

and i believe the magna claims around 40bps

so, lets get the ball rolling...or so to speak

jhill112
02-20-2008, 04:44 PM
i thought that tom kaye said somewhere that :hail: the warpfeed was spun at 72 bps in there lab.

Chronobreak
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
i thought that tom kaye said somewhere that :hail: the warpfeed was spun at 72 bps in there lab.

yeahp

bypass the board and give that motor a good 27 volts or so :headbang:

jhill112
02-20-2008, 04:58 PM
ok so lets say for fun i hook the warp motor to my emag battery and put like 2000psi form my scuba in the gun.what would happen? wow i just mite have to see.i have a junk warpfeed that will not stop spining.may be time to burn it up.the emag batt is 18volt right?

snoopay700
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
ok so lets say for fun i hook the warp motor to my emag battery and put like 2000psi form my scuba in the gun.what would happen? wow i just mite have to see.i have a junk warpfeed that will not stop spining.may be time to burn it up.the emag batt is 18volt right?
Use an RC car battery, doing that could adversely affect your emag battery.

Steelrat
02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Not like i would actually do that.

And if i remember the RT valve is theoretically capable of cycling 42 times per second. I'm pretty sure that we'll never see it fire any faster than 34 unless someone finds a super fast loader.

Nothing is faster than the Qloader. It had no problems keeping up. 34 bps was as fast as it could cycle, even with 3000 psi input pressure. I'm sure it could be made to go faster, though I don't know how. I just know the loader was not the limiting factor.