PDA

View Full Version : Get Expelled

beam
02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Much ado about nothing?

Or valid questions?

I at least think it's got to be better than anything Michael Moore has put out.

http://www.getexpelled.com/

drg
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I think I like Ben Stein the most when he sticks to being strictly a TV personality.

You want to see something truly good on the topic, watch this:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/program.html

And it's free!

BTW pretty much any episode of Nova is better than anything Michael Moore put out.

BigEvil
02-20-2008, 05:50 AM
WOW I might actually have to go to a movie in the spring.

drg
02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
WOW I might actually have to go to a movie in the spring.

If we can believe much of what is found and referenced here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed, you might want to save your money and time. Sounds like it's not very credible. I mean invoking Hilter = Stein automatically loses. :rofl:

I do strongly, strongly recommend viewing the above-linked Nova episode on Intelligent Design, whether you see Expelled or not, as it provides crucial grounding in the facts of the court cases which have brought us to this point.

Hexis
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM
and in breaking news: Scientists don't like pseudo-science.

kosmo
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Weak. Everyone knows earth is just an alien calculator built to figure out the meaning of life.

edweird
02-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Weak. Everyone knows earth is just an alien calculator built to figure out the meaning of life. Excellent reference!

the easy debunking in my eyes is done by looking at the funding... from the "Discovery institute", the ID thinktank that has been trying to inject a respun version of creation science by force into the science curriculum for 15ish years.

do the research... I suggest starting with school boards in Dover PA, and Kansas.

/to be fair I didnt know this was out yet, but have been looking forward to the migraine.
//will watch after work tonight
///expecting the same ole non-tenable pseudo-theory that hinges on supernatural influence.

punkncat
02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Geez Louise......The Nova program is pretty good. As far as Ben Stein...I just want his money. :argh:

Intelligent Design eh?

Hexis
02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Weak. Everyone knows earth is just an alien calculator built to figure out the meaning of life.

Not so much, it was built by the mice to figure out the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything. Deep thought figured out the answer.

After all, what is 6x9?

bjjb99
02-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Not so much, it was built by the mice to figure out the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything. Deep thought figured out the answer.

After all, what is 6x9?

42 -- Deep Thought did all of its computations in base thirteen.

BJJB

Kyle.Kimber
02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
BTW pretty much any episode of Nova is better than anything Michael Moore put out.

AMEN TO THAT!!

acropilot19
02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
you might want to save your money and time. Sounds like it's not very credible. I mean invoking Hilter = Stein automatically loses. :rofl:

Just curious, but where did he "Invoke Hitler"???

I'm already emailing a link to his site to everybody I know, Liberal or Conservative.

kosmo
02-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Stein has a tendency to blame the holocaust on the evolutionists.

drg
02-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Just curious, but where did he "Invoke Hitler"???

I'm already emailing a link to his site to everybody I know, Liberal or Conservative.

If I am to believe the reviews, he references the Holocaust (among other things) in relation to evolution, likely in an attempt to conflate social darwinism with evolution theory.

You would be much better off emailing the link I posted above to the Nova episode, it's really a gem. And if you haven't watched it, it's pretty much required viewing on the subject.

robnix
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
If I am to believe the reviews, he references the Holocaust (among other things) in relation to evolution, likely in an attempt to conflate social darwinism with evolution theory.

You would be much better off emailing the link I posted above to the Nova episode, it's really a gem. And if you haven't watched it, it's pretty much required viewing on the subject.

Second that NOVA episode. It's simply outstanding.