lasrsktr
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/lasrsktr/IMG_6722Large.jpg?t=1200531929

olinar
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/olinar/emag001.jpg

dewok
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/UEFAutomagLeft2.jpg

Dewok82
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Nice looking group this month, but why is lasrsktr's eligible?

Rule 5) No previous contest winner entries unless it has changed drastically , give others a shot please.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198187

Does changing the on/off and trigger constitute a drastic change?

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 01:45 PM
:( i didnt make teh top 5

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM

Rule 5) No previous contest winner entries unless it has changed drastically , give others a shot please.

Well its a new owner. So i'm not sure :confused:

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
:( i didnt make teh top 5

yours is for sale last I checked. Otherwise it would have made it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226534

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
yours is for sale last I checked. Otherwise it would have made it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226534

1) Must be your Mag and NOT for sale during the month of the contest.

I listed it halfway through feb, and this is for january so I am not d-q'd

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 02:00 PM
1) Must be your Mag and NOT for sale during the month of the contest.

I listed it halfway through feb, and this is for january so I am not d-q'd

wups :cheers:

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
am I in :ninja:

lasrsktr
02-20-2008, 02:37 PM

The marker has changed hands... So its eligible for entry again... there have been a few markers to win twice..

Sorry you don't like it.. But i am proud of the marker and its just a contest...

Also if you don't like the final choices don't vote... Just because you didn't get chosen. and since its one man choosing what wins, maybe the ano scheme didn't quite work or the marker needed a few extra details to actually pull off the look...

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
am I in :ninja:

Sorry bro. Whats done is done. I suppose the rules are up for interpretation. I feel the competition is still going until the winner is declared.

Its nothing personal. I do think your gun is beautiful but I felt it conflicted with the rule. No hard feelings I hope. :cheers:

P.S- Enter that euro x mag you are picking up in next months contest maybe it will be a winner.

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Sorry bro. Whats done is done. I suppose the rules are up for interpretation. I feel the competition is still going until the winner is declared.

Its nothing personal. I do think your gun is beautiful but I felt it conflicted with the rule. No hard feelings I hope. :cheers:

none taken. just saw someone might be out of the competition so i could taken the slot but doesnt matter i got something cooking up that will win. better than the tiger's current state

Mechanic79
02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
The rules should state a full complete gun "AS IS" can't be entered again. otherwise, if a gun WON, then was parted, all of those parts WON and no other gun containing those parts could be entered since they already WON.

I think people should be able to submit their gun(s) as many times as they want. that will get TRUE competition out here.

Dewok82
02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
The marker has changed hands... So its eligible for entry again... there have been a few markers to win twice..

Sorry you don't like it.. But i am proud of the marker and its just a contest...

Also if you don't like the final choices don't vote... Just because you didn't get chosen. and since its one man choosing what wins, maybe the ano scheme didn't quite work or the marker needed a few extra details to actually pull off the look...

The rule is quite clear and makes no mention of a stipulation for markers that have changed hands:

I fail to see how even the most liberal interpretation would allow for new owners to resubmit previous contest winners.

There may have been a few markers that won twice in the past, but the rule disallowing previous contest winners is fairly new.

Dewok82
02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
The rules should state a full complete gun "AS IS" can't be entered again. otherwise, if a gun WON, then was parted, all of those parts WON and no other gun containing those parts could be entered since they already WON.

I believe the "unless it has changed drastically" caveat significantly mitigates this concern.

Sumthinwicked
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
id like to know where my post is is was deleted ?

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
id like to know where my post is is was deleted ?

?

Warwitch
02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Geeze, you would think people are competing for a Nobel Peace Prize here. :rolleyes: Settle down kiddies!

Sumthinwicked
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
dude 2 months in a row someone doesnt want me to compete ;(

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Now I know why rrfireblade wanted the finalists cut down to only 3. Guess I should have listened.

That would be 40% less chance of :cry: babies

I won't make that mistake again.

Sumthinwicked
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
not a cry baby just curious :confused:

jade_monkey07
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
i kinda hope i dont win :p it looks better now Feb is mine!!!

Sumthinwicked
02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
you hope ;)

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
not a cry baby just curious :confused:

I wasn't refering to you. You just posted before I could finish my thought. :rofl:

jade_monkey07
02-20-2008, 03:25 PM
If nothing else in this world there will always be hope...wow that hurt

you hope ;)

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 03:35 PM
The rule is quite clear and makes no mention of a stipulation for markers that have changed hands:

I fail to see how even the most liberal interpretation would allow for new owners to resubmit previous contest winners.

There may have been a few markers that won twice in the past, but the rule disallowing previous contest winners is fairly new.

Why are you pitching a fit now?

lasrsktr entered his gun on 1-16-2008, 4:53 p.m.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2469248&postcount=18

If you were going to cry you should have done it in the contest thread.

OEM Petey
02-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Now I know why rrfireblade wanted the finalists cut down to only 3. Guess I should have listened.

That would be 40% less chance of :cry: babies

I won't make that mistake again.

LOL

lets keep this clean guys. As stated, its just a contest :cheers:

There's always next month. and the month after that. and the month after that

and Smoothice has taken over the contest as a favor so cut him some slack

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 04:00 PM
LOL

lets keep this clean guys. As stated, its just a contest :cheers:

There's always next month. and the month after that. and the month after that

and Smoothice has taken over the contest as a favor so cut him some slack

arr wheres me pitch fork and torch

Madmarx
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey to all you butt heads voting for that boogga green "devil" mag... STOP IT!!! :mad:

Any future thoughts of voting for that P.O.S. don't waste your time and vote for the Beautiful Black Karta Emag!!! :headbang:

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
arr wheres me pitch fork and torch

what ever you're hunting I like mine medium well :headbang:

Mechanic79
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I believe the "unless it has changed drastically" caveat significantly mitigates this concern.

Is there an equation that defines "drastically"?

That devilmag has a different valve, trigger, ball detents, on/off asa, different on/off mounting screws, thumb screw, different eyes, shorter macro line, different battery,

...well you get the picture, it seems drastically different to me.

Once all the "good" guns win. there will be nothing left except mediocracy competing...?

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Once all the "good" guns win. there will be nothing left except mediocracy competing...?

Then I can start entering some of my guns. :rofl: :dance: :cheers:

Mechanic79
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Then I can start entering some of my guns. :rofl: :dance: :cheers:

me too. all my AGD stuff is calico-patched-fUgLEy-goodness. :clap: It's like Frankenstein is making monsters in my gear bag

Ruler_Mark
02-20-2008, 04:14 PM

That devilmag has a different valve, trigger, ball detents, on/off asa, different on/off mounting screws, thumb screw, different eyes, shorter macro line, different battery,

we can get our gun's re-annod :headbang:

and im huntin something..

Dewok82
02-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Why are you pitching a fit now?

lasrsktr entered his gun on 1-16-2008, 4:53 p.m.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2469248&postcount=18

If you were going to cry you should have done it in the contest thread.

Pitching a fit? Crying? I pointed out a rule that was broken and then defended my position. I didn't bother posting in the contest thread because I assumed whoever had the delegated authority to run the contest would know the rules. Obviously, this was a mistake.

This is where common sense would come into play. :rolleyes:

Also, people are putting together new Automags all the time. There are new frames and bodies being made as we speak. I sincerely doubt a lack of "good" Automags for this contest will ever be a concern.

Smoothice
02-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Pitching a fit? Crying? I pointed out a rule that was broken and then defended my position. I didn't bother posting in the contest thread because I assumed whoever had the delegated authority to run the contest would know the rules. Obviously, this was a mistake.

Sorry. I guess you were under the impression that I am TK's love child that he never spoke about. I sadly do not know everything about mags, past mag competitions, nor where the infamous titanium valves are hidden.

I am also sorry that you feel a rule has been broken.

My only suggestion at this point would be for you to NOT vote for the marker you feel should not be in the competition.

I would also suggest that next time you don't assume.

questionful
02-20-2008, 06:39 PM
1dewok
2madmarx

RavishingEddie
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I thinks its fair because lasrsktr probably spent a whole lot of $$$ to get this gun and compete and all he is getting is a free T-shirt. Give the guy some slack

PumpMag
02-21-2008, 01:49 AM
Lasrsktr has always been a finalist. I think this time, he has a winner!

Go AO SoCal !!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Beemer
02-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Lets get the votes going folks. :dance:

Smoothice
03-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Congrats to lasrsktr

pm me with your shipping info and I will get it to rrfireblade for your prize!