PDA

View Full Version : MSV-2 leaking

rawbutter
02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I was messing around with my pneumag today when I noticed that the msv-2 valve is leaking. It's a tiny leak, bearly audible, but I know that I wasn't there before.

Best I can figure, it's coming out of the vent hole on the side. (If I stick my finger over the hole, the leak pretty much goes away.) Since I installed trigger stops a while back, I first thought that perhaps my trigger was set too far back, and the msv-2 just wasn't being allowed to close completely. However, after disassembling my trigger, that didn't solve the problem. I even went so far as to take the lever off the msv-2 so that there was nothing to prevent it from closing completely, but even that didn't do the trick.

Anyone got some idea about what's wrong? Do I need to disassemble the valve and oil it inside, or has the valve just gone bad? I'm not super worried, since the gun still works flawlessly... it's just a little weird to be hearing a tiny leak when I hold the gun up to fire.

Mongoose
02-20-2008, 01:29 PM
did you adjust the pressure on the LPR?

theres always a little air venting out...maybe you didnt notice it before

Stayhuge
02-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I would try oiling it a little first. Could just be dry. If that doesn't work, I don't really know what else it could be other than too much pressure.

rawbutter
02-20-2008, 02:50 PM
The LPR hasn't moved... it's only putting about 40psi into the valve anyway, so I doubt that's the culprit.

Maybe it's always been like this, but I really seem to remember that the gun used to be silent when it was gassed up. Maybe I'm just losing my memory. :tard: I'll try oiling it this weekend when I have some time to spare.

Mongoose
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
The LPR hasn't moved... it's only putting about 40psi into the valve anyway, so I doubt that's the culprit.

Maybe it's always been like this, but I really seem to remember that the gun used to be silent when it was gassed up. Maybe I'm just losing my memory. :tard: I'll try oiling it this weekend when I have some time to spare.

oil could help....does it still shoot ok?

rawbutter
02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
oil could help....does it still shoot ok?

It shoots perfectly fine. I had a friend over and we drained a whole bag of paint (all 500 rounds), just for fun. (You tend to do silly things like that when you haven't played in six months.) No problems with the gun... just that leaking sound that I thought wasn't there before.