PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One FPS/shooting problem

teamtambourine
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
whats the absolute lowest the x-valve with lvl10 can go because at the field (indoor) I believe the max i can fire is about 230-240 and I can fire a few shots then the mag just stops firing and this is with a full tank.

At higher rates its fine but the lower rates it jsut wont work properly, what could it be? WHats the lowest fps the xvalve is rated for?

rawbutter
02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
It's not the x-valve... it's the Level Ten bolt. With the shortest LX spring, the valve will only start firing once there's enough psi to overcome to spring, which is usually around 260ish.

If you swapped out the LX spring and put in a regular, old Level 7 spring (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=17&categoryID=18), then you could definitely get the fps to go lower. Your LX won't work as well, though.

secretweaponevan
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
It's not the x-valve... it's the Level Ten bolt. With the shortest LX spring, the valve will only start firing once there's enough psi to overcome to spring, which is usually around 260ish.

If you swapped out the LX spring and put in a regular, old Level 7 spring (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=17&categoryID=18), then you could definitely get the fps to go lower. Your LX won't work as well, though.

Aye. You can get a LVL 10 bolt to work correctly at lower velocities, but it will probably take a lot of trial and error by carefully grinding down a bolt spring (use an old worn-out one not one of the calibrated new ones) a little at a time until you hit the "magic" amount of spring. If you took off an eighth of a coil at a time, that would probably get you to the promised land.

Once you get the mag starting to cycle at about 20 fps below your target velocity, that should be spot on to get the anti-chop affect at your desired velocity.

teamtambourine
02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks guys, could it be also that my short spring has not been worn in enough that it is not working at the 250fps range?

because the tac-one is relativly new

Argelmcgee
02-21-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the springs don't "wear in." They're pretty strong and I'm pretty sure they don't.

You might want to get an extra spring and work on that just in case.