PDA

View Full Version : Emag 2 Question

Automagsam
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
So I was reading over at PBN and I came across this post about another version of the Emag that was not produced and I wanted to know if it had any shred of truth to it

the magnetic HES is still a switch, which puts them in the cross hairs of smartparts

the last tech class before tom retired, he talked about what would have been coming on the next gen of electo mags, much much smaller in every aspect,
higher preasure to compensate for the volume difference,the ult kit allowed for a smaller noid to be used with would make single 9v. opperation reliable.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2566452 post #10

Please if anyone could let me know any information about this it'd be awesome, as I read it and I got all giddy inside lol.

Lohman446
02-21-2008, 10:03 PM
So I was reading over at PBN and I came across this post about another version of the Emag that was not produced and I wanted to know if it had any shred of truth to it

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2566452 post #10

Please if anyone could let me know any information about this it'd be awesome, as I read it and I got all giddy inside lol.

A couple years ago there was discussion about the marker TK would build for himself vs. what would sell. It had to do with a 4500PSI input valve, a milisecond recharge rate, among other things.

I even went as far as to request a preorder one one. However, I think the idea is dead. Too bad too :(. It was a discussion on this board - here is one thread related to it with links to others

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127596

snoopay700
02-21-2008, 10:08 PM
A couple years ago there was discussion about the marker TK would build for himself vs. what would sell. It had to do with a 4500PSI input valve, a milisecond recharge rate, among other things.

I even went as far as to request a preorder one one. However, I think the idea is dead. Too bad too :(. It was a discussion on this board - here is one thread related to it with links to others

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127596
Dang, that sounds like a marker i would have liked to own. Ah well, cest la vi i suppose.

Lohman446
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Some more old stuff http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124336&highlight=marker

Well if everyone were to suddenly give up their preconcieved notions of what is good and bad about a paintgun then this is what we could do NOW.

Run guns at much HIGHER pressures so you could make all the internal components smaller and more compact. This would lead to overall smaller guns with better efficiency.

Better efficiency means smaller tanks making the guns lighter and smaller overall.

Built in crono's that maintain your velocity at exactly what you set it to even when your tank starts running below your working pressure. This would mean that even though you we shooting a "high pressure" marker you would use it to the bottom of the tank. In order to do this you would have to have a fixed barrel but since everyone has to waist money on replacable barrels this thinking would have to change.

Trigger systems that would accomodate ALL of your fingers for "4 finger walking" pushing the fire power into the 30 BPS range.

Pre-load bolt systems that chamber the next round while you are firing the first elliminating ball feed lag.

Pressure feeding loaders that feed balls from anywhere into your flamethrower. OOPS we already have that, Warp Feeds....

Electronically timed millisecond on/off valves that would completely eliminate regulators. Lets see, we can take off the tank reg, then the vert reg and oh yea the LPR too. You would have to be ready to put all those manufacturers out of business.

Very high speed two shot bursts where the 2nd ball would draft close behind the first ball for greater accuracy. The first ball would disrupt the air column and leave behind a turbulent wake. The turbulence would disrupt the laminar flow that leads to vortex shedding on the 2nd ball. Disrupt the vortex and improve the accuracy.

No real gun with any state of the art firepower shoots from a clip. Clips are so 1900's. Real guns in all the worlds militaries use a belt feed from a huge magazine. We still love our cute little pods and hoppers and fashion matched pod belts so we look good when we are posing on the field. Maybe someday we will get with the program and use a backpack that could shoot a case of paint non stop. Oh yea, we have that right now too but no one wants it.

And last but not lease an electronically timed, high pressure marker without regulators could plug into a laptop, test itself and tell you exactly what's wrong with it.

This is just one possible reality, most likely not to be part of any of your futures. Have fun with your pods.

AGD

snoopay700
02-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, i just read that from the thread you linked to, and found out that he had the same idea i did sophomore year, with the 4 finger trigger. That's the kind of marker i've had dreams about but is not feasible by any means for me to make, so again, i'll just have to imagine what could have been.

Hilltop Customs
02-22-2008, 05:16 AM
I remember reading that post by TK back in the day. That was 2 usernames ago....I can never seem to remember a password. :rofl:

The built in chrono would be sick....If it was accurate enough it would increase shot to shot consistancy.

The belt feed idea is cool and all, but I would much rather have a "hopper" formed into a shround under my barrel with a integreated warp under the breech that feeds from directly below using spring tension(similar to halo) to keep the ball tight in the breach. Use the breach eye system to spin up the warp initially and have the warp directly linked to the board so 1 shot = spin. This would be sick on a warp bodied mag.....or a completely bottom fed mag :wow:

The above "hopper" setup would provide the perfect mounting platform fo the built in chrono, as it would extend out toward the end of the barrel also.

I never understood the thinking behind the warp....why take the blimp and move it beside the gun and ADD another large piece(the warp). Dont get me wrong the warp feed was a good idea and all....but moving the hopper blimp wasnt enough....integrating the warp into a hopper would have been 100x better. A warp/hopper would have sparked more intrest and a few gun manufacturers might have adoped the warp breech, and I bet AGDs sales of the warp/hopper would have exploded.

Lohman446
02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I remember reading that post by TK back in the day. That was 2 usernames ago....I can never seem to remember a password. :rofl:

The built in chrono would be sick....If it was accurate enough it would increase shot to shot consistancy.

The belt feed idea is cool and all, but I would much rather have a "hopper" formed into a shround under my barrel with a integreated warp under the breech that feeds from directly below using spring tension(similar to halo) to keep the ball tight in the breach. Use the breach eye system to spin up the warp initially and have the warp directly linked to the board so 1 shot = spin. This would be sick on a warp bodied mag.....or a completely bottom fed mag :wow:

The above "hopper" setup would provide the perfect mounting platform fo the built in chrono, as it would extend out toward the end of the barrel also.

I never understood the thinking behind the warp....why take the blimp and move it beside the gun and ADD another large piece(the warp). Dont get me wrong the warp feed was a good idea and all....but moving the hopper blimp wasnt enough....integrating the warp into a hopper would have been 100x better. A warp/hopper would have sparked more intrest and a few gun manufacturers might have adoped the warp breech, and I bet AGDs sales of the warp/hopper would have exploded.

Search the term Warp feed 2 or second generation warp feed - TK has a patent on a system similiar to what you are describing and the drawings have been posted in the past.

Hilltop Customs
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Search the term Warp feed 2 or second generation warp feed - TK has a patent on a system similiar to what you are describing and the drawings have been posted in the past.

Found the post

Heck I'll even show you where we were going with the warp. In this version the warp is mounted central to the gun and integrated around the tank and regulator. From the outside, the tank and hopper look like one piece with the fill ports on either side between the front and rear grip. What is shown here is a photochop cutaway view. The balls feed up through the front grip and into the side of the gun.

No offset weight, no hose sticking out, nothing on top of the gun, no addtional bulk, no addtional weight, structurally integrated into the gun so you can superman in and not break it off. Ashame it will never happen.

AGD

But sadly the pic is gone :( wonder if anyone happens to have it.

snoopay700
02-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Found the post

But sadly the pic is gone :( wonder if anyone happens to have it.
That's the one thing i hate about the older posts, the pictures that are either attached or linked to aren't even there anymore, and a lot of it is stuff i'd really like to see.