PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve doesnt have any kick

jade_monkey07
02-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Iv been building mags for friends lately. One of the xvalves that i recieved doesnt have the same rt kick as all the others. using one gun with the same tank one will RT like crazy, the other one i have a hard time getting it to bounce at all.
Both are oiled very well i even tried switching the on/offs in the valves.

any ideas?

orings need break in time?

aqua_scummm
02-21-2008, 10:14 PM
same tank?

Could be break in period... maybe.

Ruler_Mark
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Iv been building mags for friends lately. One of the xvalves that i recieved doesnt have the same rt kick as all the others. using one gun with the same tank one will RT like crazy, the other one i have a hard time getting it to bounce at all.
Both are oiled very well i even tried switching the on/offs in the valves.

any ideas?

orings need break in time?

Is the lvl X properly tuned?

jade_monkey07
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah i just retuned it.... and replaced a bunch of the old orings

Ruler_Mark
02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah i just retuned it....
check the insides of the valve for any debris.

jade_monkey07
02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
i did a nice cleanout when i got it.

Ruler_Mark
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM
i did a nice cleanout when i got it.

when you tried both on/offs, did you swap the 2 orings on the top of the on/off?

are you using this on a rt rail?

is valve chrono'd up to speed?

jade_monkey07
02-21-2008, 10:39 PM
All the orings were swapped.
they were both tried on 2 diffirent classic rails and a shorty tac rail. and the valve is chrono'd at 280 fps

Tunaman
02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
There are subtle differences in every valve. Dont forget...the RT effect from the retro and Xvalves was an unexpected benefit that the designers never figured on. It just happened that way. Go up a carrier size (looser) and take .005 off of the pin and try it again. The RT/Xvalve pins range from .712 to .770. Actual fine tuning of the marker requires finding the right pin for that valve using the range of pin sizes above. Make sure you know the exact size of the pin. before starting to change the size of it. You should see some improvement. If the sear trips too easy because of a pin that is too short, it will also not lock up the bolt completely each time, causing extreme wear on the bolt lip and sear. Hope this helps... ;)

jade_monkey07
02-21-2008, 11:03 PM
thanks tuna. ill check it out next time im at my buddies place. someone on another forum thought it could be the reg not recharging as fast as it should be. you think that could be a possibility? what should i look for on the reg seat assembly in tearms of wear and tear?

There are subtle differences in every valve. Dont forget...the RT effect from the retro and Xvalves was an unexpected benefit that the designers never figured on. It just happened that way. Go up a carrier size (looser) and take .005 off of the pin and try it again. The RT/Xvalve pins range from .712 to .770. Actual fine tuning of the marker requires finding the right pin for that valve using the range of pin sizes above. Make sure you knoe the exact size of the pin. before starting to change the size of it. You should see some improvement. If the sear trips too easy because of a pin that is too short, it will also not lock up the bolt completely each time, causing extreme wear on the bolt lip and sear. Hope this helps... ;)

Tunaman
02-21-2008, 11:14 PM
The reg seat holder and oring should be checked for imbedded dirt. Use a magnifying glass. Make sure there is no teflon tape caught up in the reg pin assy too. I see that alot. The pieces of tape will travel completely through the valve only to get hung up on the reg pin. Clean all of the air passages with a shot of compressed air.

jade_monkey07
02-22-2008, 07:12 AM
thanks again tuna, your tha man!

secretweaponevan
02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Did you find the problem?

jade_monkey07
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
well iv got a good amount of ideas to try now. the gun is currently at my buddies place so it might not be right away.

Did you find the problem?

garbageman705
02-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Do you mean adding shims to the on/off or shaving metal from the on/off?

Tunaman
02-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I cannot support grinding down the pins, but that is how AGD does it.

hmudd13
02-24-2008, 02:38 AM
Two of my RT's were somewhat lethargic even at 1100 psi, so I shaved the pins to .730 and they rock at around 26 bps now at around 950 psi.
YIKES!!! :eek:

PhoenixWolf
02-25-2008, 03:15 AM
The velocity adjustment and spring selection also affects trigger pull on a Mag. Case in point, I have a ReTro valve with Level 10. If I use the gold spring, I can get it to bounce just fine. If I use the red spring, in the same velocity range, it doesn't bounce. If I increased the velocity, I could get it to bounce again. One spring may be more broken in than the others, or subtle differences in the Level 10 tuning may affect it. Or one may be set at a lower velocity, which reduces trigger pressure.

BlackVCG
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Chamber pressure is higher when you're using the longer springs so the pressure differential between the chamber and the recharge pressures will be less, thus less RT effect. Just up your input pressure and you'll get better RT effect.

I've never really cared for the mechanical mode on the E-Mags. You can't get the trigger positioned right to work well in e-mode and also get a good rhythm going in mech-mode. That's just my 2 cents. If you took apart my E-Mag you'd find a shaved off sear without the arm for mech-mode and a shaved selector switch so it can't easily flip into mech-mode. It's an electronic gun and I like it to be that way. :)

Snap32
03-01-2008, 01:03 AM
So i had the same problem with my X valve, Here is what i did : Went to AGD web site and order 3 different sizes on/off pins they are 8 bucks a piece, that way you dont go grinding on the only pin you have. I started with the smallest, if it was to touchy where the sear wasnt catching the bolt all the way i went up a size further. Try this and it will solve your problem =]