PDA

View Full Version : E mag charger question

DrRich
02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey!
What is the best alternative to charge my E mag?
I just bought a project E mag (My first E mag), without a charger, and I need to know if I need to spend $80 with AGD or if there is another charger out there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
~Richard

Looper
02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey!
What is the best alternative to charge my E mag?
I just bought a project E mag (My first E mag), without a charger, and I need to know if I need to spend $80 with AGD or if there is another charger out there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
~Richard
The Standard AGD Battery Pack is 16.8v 650mAH so...

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2608

I have not used it, so I can not endorse it, but by the information provided online and from what I have heard by others here on AO, it works... However, you will need to modify it to connect to the battery clips. Or you could spring for the added adapter with the alligator clips.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2303

# It is Universal Smart Charger for any NiMH /NiCd battery packs from 12V-16.8V
# 90-260V AC input for world wide voltage support.
# Compact size, directly plug in without power cord, and easy to carry.
# Charging current is 0.4A
# Designed for slow charging 12V-16.8V NiMH and NiCd Battery Packs. Built in IC will regonize battery pack voltage ( from 12V- 16.8V ) automatically without setting.
# Idea for RC battery pack and battery pack with capacity > 400 mAh - 6000 mAh
# Using Pulse and Negative pulse technology ( 10% negative pulse ) to avoid battery overheating and polarized during fast charging, Significantly increasing battery pack's cycle life.
# Automatically detect battery pack's voltage, Red LED will be on during charging. Green LED for fully charged
# Automatically cut-off by negative delta V when battery pack get fully charged.
# Protection fuse for over current, short circuit & reverse polarity protection.
# It is very smart charger. You don't need take care anything, just plug in and wait for battery charging ready
# Size: 3.2"L x 2.1"W x 2.8"H
# Weight: 4.3oz.

:cheers:

DrRich
02-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Very Nice!
I appreciate the input!
It is nice to know that there are options out there.
I just might give this a try!
Thanks again!!
~Richard

DrRich
08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Just an update:
I did get my charging issue resolved.
Thanks again to all that posted.

Looper
08-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Just an update:
I did get my charging issue resolved.