PDA

View Full Version : On how many Mags you have owned

punkncat
02-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I was thinking on this as a result of another thread.

I have owned lots of mags, but its not uncommon for them to be made of parts from previous incarnations, and most commonly the same valve in many cases as the first. By way of a for instance, my primary mag now has gone through several changes along the way resulting in my being able to sell two almost complete batches of parts, and enough residual parts to have a frankenmag right now.

At what point does the swapping of parts make a mag a different marker, or does it?

TeamJackal37
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I have change many parts around to complete a gun, I only count by different valve on each guns, not by different gun and same valve, I have owned Emag,Emaxx,RTpro,ReTro,Minimag,68Automag,Xvalve,"X" Valves I have more Parts to to complete more guns.Thats another Reason I love mags, You dont wear same clothes everyday

cougar20th
02-22-2008, 11:21 AM
ive owned 6 total complete guns. Now down to 4 with enough spare parts to assemble a 5th

SN toter
02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
At least 40. I've been a certified mag whore for at least 8 years now. I really should dig up that old spreadsheet with my marker info on it...

MechMags
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
at the time of posting i have 6 complete mags, with enough parts and gizmo's to assemble another 3 complete. Looking to add more..

for the most part i have become the warehouse for our scenario team.

MANN
02-22-2008, 06:13 PM
IMO your valve counts as 1. IE you cant switch valve to another marker and count another mag. just my .02

punkncat
02-22-2008, 10:22 PM
IMO your valve counts as 1. IE you cant switch valve to another marker and count another mag. just my .02

That makes sense.....and I still have owned too many. :D

MANN
02-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I have serial numbers for probally 40-50 that I have owned. :( sadly I am down to only xmags now.

Ninjeff
02-23-2008, 01:11 AM
I have serial numbers for probally 40-50 that I have owned. :( sadly I am down to only xmags now.

Oh yea, what a tragedy, only X-Mags....you poor boy. ;)

:p

PumpMag
02-23-2008, 01:20 AM
I was content with just my 1 original first Custom 68 Automag many years ago.

Now I've lost count. I think mag whoring is an unnatural side effect of joining this forum! :p

Sumthinwicked
02-23-2008, 02:01 AM
each one i listed in my thread was a diff gun and a diff valve fyi ;P

Swampy
02-23-2008, 02:14 AM
I've owned just a few, three different mags exactly. Totally working separate valves and works.

But if your talking valve installed my CF 07890 has been many. I sell or trade everything around it. It's a piece of heritage that I'll keep with me forever, and it was from the first Automag I ever bought so it gets fired from all the mag parts I owned in their configurations. It has been in at least a dozen or so.

pump
02-24-2008, 05:11 AM
i have owned only 1 mag..........since 1990 :headbang:

going_home
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
i have owned only 1 mag..........since 1990 :headbang:

Here at mag-a-holics anonymous we would like to know how you accomplished this amazing task master ! :confused:

Teach your students your superior mag-fu please ! :D

pump
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Here at mag-a-holics anonymous we would like to know how you accomplished this amazing task master ! :confused:

Teach your students your superior mag-fu please ! :D
love your gun, dont be swayed by trends, question everything

Darthmag99
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I bought my first one in 1998- and immediatley eclipsed it. since then I have had about 10 in all- I currently own three, A Tac One, a project Emag, and the original eclipse I bought 10 years ago.

SkinnyHare
02-26-2008, 09:12 PM
i currently have 7 mags and enough parts that i could put an 8th one together. it all started with my Minimag and the addiction just grew from there. that's actually the one i love the most, i don't use it as much now, but if i had to sell all and keep only one, she'd be it.

i haven't let any of them go, just yet. however, i do plan on dropping one, possibly two of the RTs on the market in the near future.

Sumthinwicked
02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
28 as listed in my other thread LOL ;)

pmstc
02-26-2008, 10:15 PM
What if I kept the Xvalve from my Micro E-mag and used it to build a ULE Y gripped mag? Still one gun? :D

AutomagRT1483
02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
RTPro (x2)
KartaEmag
SilverEmag (Currently for sale)
Xmag
Tac One (x2)
Sydarm (x2)

9 all together I have owned.

Chris
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I've had about a dozen total.
Currently I have three, 2 classic RT's and an Emag.

Sumthinwicked
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
i guess not all of mine were whole guns not parted

BlueDragonX
02-27-2008, 01:14 AM
To me, there are four distinguishing features that makes one Mag "different" than another. Everything else is icing on the cake. And these are...

Valve - This is a no-brainer. Differing capabilities between an X-Valve and a Classic.
Mode of Operation - Stock mech vs. Electro vs. Pneumag vs. Electropneumag. Effects speed, complexity of operation, and (in the case of pneumags) efficiency.
Length - AM/MM vs. RTP. This brings about a difference in weight and balance. This effects one's ability to snap-shoot and maneuver close-in to bunkers.
Grip Angle - Z, Y, 45, 85, 90. The grip angle completely changes the feel of the marker. Comfort and feel is a huge factor in whether or not you are "one with your marker," so to speak.

To me it seems like all else is either cosmetic or collector-inspired.

I've got two Mags right now. My new Chord Mag and my E-Mag. They're sharing an X-Valve, though, so only one can be operational at any one time till I am ready to shell out the cash for another valve.

ICOM
02-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Owned a classic mag, MicroMag,Rt, Blue Emag(miss it),Karta Devil Mag, Custom Milled Xmag.

Currently only own the Devil and Xmag

bound for glory
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
well, i've owned, lets see...my very first #379(i think it was the 3rd or 5th in new jersey). 3 micro mags with at least one with rt. emag #1202. a devilmag(don't get me started) 2 rt pros. and a rt which the kid down the street still slams with. and here i sit, just turned 40, doing the family gun thing, without any mag, and spring is coming... :cry:

phatty123
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I have owned to. I 68 powerfeed years ago that I stop using due to the fact it seemed to always chop paint and never could fix it and now a minimag.. well it started out as a mini mage now its a level X retro'd warpfed beast.

-barry

PumpPlayer
02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm down to 4 right now:
A P-Mag, an RT Pro and an XMag as well as a project Classic that will get P-Magged with a few additional goodies.

My wife has two:
X-valved RT and a P-Mag

I've owned at least a dozen valves in the past plus assorted parts, some turned into complete guns, some not. Most were projects that I sold or gave away once I was done. I'll probably give my P-Mag project away at some point, I'm thinking Pump Pandemonium this summer if I've got it done by then.

CaliWagon31
02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
4 years ago, I had bought, traded and sold for about 12 different mags and various other markers.

Dawg047
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I have owned about 20 or so. No matter what new fangled marker comes out. I always try it, and then go back to a Mag. With exception to my Invert Mini, I always come back to the Mag (I shoot the Mini in one hand, the Mag in the other).

I had a Spyder, upgraded to the Mag
Mag to Shoebox
Shoebox to Mag
Mag to Impulse
Impulse to Micromag
Micromag to DM4 -------Why did I ever do this one?
DM4 back to mags and so on and so on.

I love them for some reason. More importantly, I like this forum. The people here are like family. We are always helping others out, always providing each other with nice deals. A Mag leaves the family, we always find a way to bring it back to the family. Forums don't get much better than this. A brother has fallen, we help him up. A rare SFL Emag leaves, we bring her back. It is the way it is around here and that is why I shoot a Mag :cheers: