PDA

View Full Version : Old valve and pump kit body

tranman
01-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Hey i just got a Minimag in the mail with serial number 14xxx and it has a removable powertube! Under the base of the powertube on the main body of the valve theres a white -o-ring in between the two parts. I havent taken them apart but compared to my friends minimag 16xxx his was one piece welded together.

Now my black teflon minimag body is really old too. Instead of a long narrow slot where the sear goes, theres a big open rectangle and theres a little slot milled into the body for what i think is for the old pump kit.

I have pics i just have to get them off the digicam. I want to know if i should send my valve to AGD to get welded together or is it fine the way it is?
Will AGD just weld it together or give me a whole new valve or make me pay for it?

Well pics will be up soon within the next day.

Chaos
01-16-2002, 09:28 PM
The body is an older body that is milled for the pumpkit. I'd keep it, or sell it to someone with a working pumpkit (like me, I could probably do a swap with you if you wanted). It wont affect performance, AGD just stopped the slot when they stopped the pumpkit, since there is no reason for such a large slot now.

tranman
01-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Does anyone have any info on what i should do about my valve?

Muzikman
01-17-2002, 04:12 PM
The valve is probably like mine. It's not suppose to be removable but it is.:) I talked to tom about it in Nov and he said if it's not causing any problems, then don't worry about it. My mag is about 8 or 9 years old and is some where around the 15xxx s/n mark. This was my first mag and I bought it brand new. The funny thing is, I never remember a time when the Power Tube didn't come off...I always thought it came that way:)

tranman
01-17-2002, 09:21 PM
My valve pic turned out really cruddy so i'm going to get another one soon. The body is kind of blurry, its hard to tell theres a groove for the pump arm but you can definitely see how big the hole is.

Muzikman
01-18-2002, 10:24 AM
The body is not very special. Where are thousands of bodies just like that. What is special is if you have a rail that has the pump arm groove.

mykroft
01-18-2002, 10:53 AM
My Retro had a removeable powertube that leaked. Quick fix was a barrel O-Ring, permanent fix was Locktite (Done by KayleAGD at the IAO)