PDA

View Full Version : FrankenMag

painter1009
02-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Whats goign on guys - been a while since i posted or played but im looking to get back into it again so i now have questions galore.

my mag story is a kinda complicated one

so the first mag i had was an old friends. its the automag 68. not 68 classic like the original 68 right feed with the AIR Advanced Intergrated Regulator Valve.
then i bought an RT used which never worked from the dya i bought it and i have since just used some parts from it in the 68 - the intellifeed trigger and lvl 10 bolt. last time i used this bad boy in a game the spongy part of the lvl 10 shot out and i have bought new one but lost them before ive been able to re-attach them.

so i suppose my first question is what do i do to reattach the soft black part? glue it on? or is there something more.
also what type of maintaince can i do on this valve and are there are parts from the RT valve that i can use to make this one better?
the "padding" behind the bolt is a fairly stiff light blue ring, the other one is a softer and clear, is one of these better than the other?
do you recommend micro or macro line? right now i have the thinner one on though i forget which that is
my spring looks pretty beat up to, discolored and even some specks of rust, is ther anywya to clean it? are there any aftermarket springs or would a replacement stock spring do the job
i've been running mainly copmressed air thru this thing but i did put in some co2 yesterday to see if it still fired and it did work but the balls were all over the place - prolly attributed to the lack of a front of a bolt and it was some old *** paint.

looking to get back onto the field
thanks soo mcuh for any input!!

Argelmcgee
02-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Classic valve (AIR valve)- Can use CO2 or HPA.
RT Valve - Cannot use CO2, ONLY HPA.

To attach the foamie, just dab some superglue on and let it sit.

DO NOT switch parts from the RT Valve to the Classic Valve. Either use one or the other.

Use replacement springs from AGD, there are no aftermarket springs (that I know of). Or you could just clean off the old spring with some WD-40 (not sure if this is totally safe, wait for someone else to comment).

The softer, newer rubber bumper may be used instead of the old one. The old one is probably blue from grease/marker lube.

phizz
02-24-2008, 11:49 AM
- macro line recommended
- I beleive the sot bumper is for an RT valve Blu for classic but both will work
- super glue like Argelmcgee said but I have been using mine for years without a bumper
- CO2 shoudl work fine... but compressed air is always better.