PDA

View Full Version : Mag noob got himself a Pro Classic - drawbacks/downsides?

AltogetherAndrews
02-24-2008, 01:40 AM
I've been sort of intrigued by mags for a while, and finally jumped on one of these. Anything I should know about this gun? I primarily play woodsball (actually, I run my own course), so the Tac-One was tempting at first but I came to the realization that those rails that always seem like such a good idea are typically left unused when all is said and done. So this Pro Classic seemed like a good deal. Was it? How far can it be upgraded, if I was to really get into this? The one I'm getting has a ULE body, warp left I think.

garbageman705
02-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Are you going top warp feed it? If not you want a centerfeed body. If you have not already bought it you may want to look at the RT-ULE Custom. That is the best marker you can get form AGD right now.

AltogetherAndrews
02-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I actually have a Q loader that I've been itching to put on something. Not sure if I need to get any additional material for that one though, but that should work, right? The Pro Classic was a "LNIB" affair, so my options were limited.

Outlaw5
02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Whether its a ULE warp body or a stainless steel twist lock barrel body your q-loader will work with no issue. You will just have to figure out where you want to attach it. Enjoy. ;)

Pacifist_Farmer
02-24-2008, 11:27 AM
You'll find that the gun needs almost nothing for performance upgrades, any upgrades will likely be aesthetic, or ergonomic.

Since you have the warp body and the Qloader already, I'd say your done. :)

Do yourself a favor and play with it for a year before you start to upgrade things, you might need less than you think.

Don Carnage
02-24-2008, 11:45 AM
If you're using a Classic Valve, then you'll want to take the time to watch this video Mag Training Video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20). It'll show you just about everything you need to know about the valve.

Zone Drifter
02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I would also like to highly recommend you have a lvl 10 bolt installed, especially with a side feed body. You don't need it, probably not as bad if you're using a q-loader, but it's something you'll probably get eventually anyhow. :)

AltogetherAndrews
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll probably tool around with it in base configuration for a while, just to get a feel of where I want to go with this one. I've been eyeing the intelliframe, but I'm not sure I really want a double trigger right now. The level 10, is that necessary even if you mostly play at a pretty low ROF? This whole world is new to me, so I appreciate the advice.

dstud2000
02-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I have no problems with a single trigger running a the stock lvl 7 bolt. I just use a revy and that is plenty to keep up. I swapped my intelli from RT ULE just to try it on my classic mag with lvl 7, still didn't chop till i reached the fastest point of shooting, by fanning the trigger, but the chop was probably from me short stroking, cause I was too excited with the performance I was seeing from the classic valve, or it could of been out feeding the hopper. Either way the lvl 10 is nice to have. It came stock on my RT ULE and so far I relly don't have any breaks, just the occasional ball break in the middle of the barrel, from a bad ball not the gun.

With the single trigger and lvl 7 I would think you will be fine, if you go to an intelli or other 2 finger trigger then the lvl 10 would be a good thing to have. MAgs are very fun and exciting to shoot. So for me yeah I like the lvl 10 on my RT ULE, my wifes classic still has the lvl 7 and with a revy she has no problems and when I use it, neither do I.

AltogetherAndrews
02-28-2008, 10:10 PM
The level 10, is that also a ultra light design? As it is (got the marker today) it feels a bit unbalanced, with heavy parts vs the ULE parts. One other question. When the marker arrived, the text on the back doesn't line up perfectly. Aside from the fact that it doesn't seem to mesh with some claims made by the seller, I'm wondering if this is something I should fix before gassing it up the first time.

secretweaponevan
02-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Nah, under pressure, the laser engraving on the Mag won't line up most of the time. This is normal.

Just realize that this is not an Ion, this is a mag, and is Tom Kaye's design. When you understand your mag, you will be smarter and better than you were beforehand. The road is not easy, but then again, the road is paved with agglets that shoot Ions.

punkncat
02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
The level 10, is that also a ultra light design? As it is (got the marker today) it feels a bit unbalanced, with heavy parts vs the ULE parts. One other question. When the marker arrived, the text on the back doesn't line up perfectly. Aside from the fact that it doesn't seem to mesh with some claims made by the seller, I'm wondering if this is something I should fix before gassing it up the first time.

Lvl 10, also known as LX, is an anti chop bolt design. What it does is that if there is anything in the way, like a half loaded ball, it will vent the air rather than fire. Its a great upgrade, but does require a bit of tuning and will also make the marker a bit less efficent.

As was said above, the lazer engraving commonly doesn't line up after firing a few times. You can turn it back if you like, but it will come out of line again.
What claims were made that you don't feel like its living up to?
Post a pic and we can generally tell you anything you want to know about it.

AltogetherAndrews
02-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Nah, under pressure, the laser engraving on the Mag won't line up most of the time. This is normal.

Just realize that this is not an Ion, this is a mag, and is Tom Kaye's design. When you understand your mag, you will be smarter and better than you were beforehand. The road is not easy, but then again, the road is paved with agglets that shoot Ions.

I'm sort of excited about it. Leafed through the manual, it looks like an interesting design. I've been looking for a good mech gun, simple in design but with good performance, and this seemed like the right fit. But yeah, it's always daunting to start off fresh with new architecture, hence the newbie questions.

trevorjk
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm sort of excited about it. Leafed through the manual, it looks like an interesting design. I've been looking for a good mech gun, simple in design but with good performance, and this seemed like the right fit. But yeah, it's always daunting to start off fresh with new architecture, hence the newbie questions.

by far the best mech gun. (thats a period)

so you have the LX and a classic valve. both are great and will shoot faster then you will ever need.

only 2 options from here

there are as others stated purely cosmetic and ergonomical (new bodies, rails, frames, forgrips, barrels, triggers, ect ect ect.

and then there is the x-valve. which is designed to go MUCH faster then a classic valve. is a tad lighter. and cosmetically looks better (imo)

also, post a pick. we can tell you ANYTHING based on that pic (except the bolt)