PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Classic Valve?

zeroaz
02-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Should Airgun Designs make the classic valve in a lighter version, similar to the X-valve?

I for one would buy one. I think it would be a great upgrade option especially for the increase in pump mag players recently. If there is enough interest I plan on asking them to make a run of them for possible pre-order.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-24-2008, 10:48 AM
I would buy one. Maybe two.

Smoothice
02-24-2008, 11:02 AM
why not just use an x valve?

Pacifist_Farmer
02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I like the idea of being able to use whichever gas I want, thus I like the classic, but the reactivity would be nice.

Weight wise, I don't think there is any point, the couple ounces you will save seems like a poor reason for redesigning the valve.

craltal
02-24-2008, 11:31 AM
why not just use an x valve?

because an x-valve isn't quite so CO2 friendly...

olinar
02-24-2008, 11:57 AM
No need needs an aluminum xvalve.

Just like no one needs a hummer with 24 inch rims. They just want them.

personally, I agree that an aluminum classic valve would be nice.

they would have all the colors available for them and it would work on co2. I would pick up atleast one.

zeroaz
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I like the idea of being able to use whichever gas I want, thus I like the classic, but the reactivity would be nice.

Weight wise, I don't think there is any point, the couple ounces you will save seems like a poor reason for redesigning the valve.

The couple of ounces I believe is the reason to do it, along with anno. I currently pump an X-valve for the weight and balancing, but would prefer an aluminum classic. The weight would be cut nearly in half. The Retro and X-valve weight change is significant when you talk about a marker that weighs as little as the mags do.

punkrex
02-24-2008, 01:32 PM
why not get a hurricane valve?

tech-chan
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
The only reason why I would want one if these is because it would be way cool and unique. And costwise Im guessing it would be almost as expensive as a x-valve to buy...

Zone Drifter
02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I think it would be neat to have aluminum classic valves, only because they would be a bit lighter and have the ability to be anodized. Other than that, I actually like the SS valves better, I just wish you could get them in polished, blackened or blast finish. :D

Looper
02-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd buy one... Heck, I've been buy one of everything lately... :tard:

Chaos_Theory!
02-24-2008, 01:54 PM
lol, a ton of people will say they want them and when the time comes tons of people will back out or lose interest. Its the same with nearly every new mag part thats thought up. Even if something does go through there has to be a pre order to make it worthwhile and those take FOREVER to fill up.

Smoothice
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
because an x-valve isn't quite so CO2 friendly...

hmm. I was under the impression a x valve would work due to the slow shooting of a pump. And since theres no way to autotrigger a pump mag it should work.

Smoothice
02-24-2008, 02:02 PM
The couple of ounces I believe is the reason to do it, along with anno. I currently pump an X-valve for the weight and balancing, but would prefer an aluminum classic. The weight would be cut nearly in half. The Retro and X-valve weight change is significant when you talk about a marker that weighs as little as the mags do.

Why would you want a classic valve when you are already playing pump with a x valve?

What are you trying to accomplish?

ljpiller
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I like my stainless steel. It's unique and goes well with the rest of the body. I suppose aluminum would be considerably lighter, but I like knowing that my stainless steel won't scratch or have any anodizing wear off.

questionful
02-24-2008, 03:33 PM
If AGD is going to put time, money, and effort into making something new, it should NOT be a classic valve. It should be a micromag.

Sumthinwicked
02-24-2008, 03:54 PM
:rofl: or a pnuemag ;) but id buy 3 alum classics

zeroaz
02-24-2008, 05:38 PM
why not get a hurricane valve?
What is and where can I check out a hurricane valve?

snoopay700
02-24-2008, 05:51 PM
What is and where can I check out a hurricane valve?
It's an aluminum regulator valve for the mag, and you can find one on ebay probably.

AGDRetro
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd take 2. This has come up several times, but in the past it seemed there were a bunch of nay-sayers!

ajnin
02-25-2008, 03:32 AM
i would buy several. i love my shockteck back on my pump mag. never had a probs with it either.

SN toter
02-25-2008, 06:57 AM
I'd buy several. Also, I'd assume(and I may be way off, I really don't know too much about this kind of thing) aluminum ones would be LESS expensive to make than ss ones. Isn't alumunim a lot easier to cut and less expensive?

DanMan
02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
but they probably have a large stock of the classic valves and are not even making them any more. I say that they should focus on making the x valve less expensive.

luke
02-25-2008, 11:28 AM
If I remember correctly, Tom said you can run the X valve on Co2 if you change the on/off assembly...

questionful
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
If I remember correctly, Tom said you can run the X valve on Co2 if you change the on/off assembly...
That's weird, I would think the regulator is the issue. and since the regulator is pretty much the whole valve. . . yeah.

luke
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
The info is here somewhere, but I'm not gonna search for it, sorry. :p

usagi_tetsu
02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I had to vote "no" on the aluminum Classic valves. I like my SS classics, and wouldn't buy any aluminum ones.

Just my $.02 worth.