PDA

View Full Version : co2 and the x-valve

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
So now that I've finished my classic pump mag I'm looking into my options for a ULE pump. In the alluminum classic valve thread someone said that because you can't rapid fire a pump, co2 on the x-valve should work.

Is this true or is there some other reason why you should not use co2 on an x-valve?

questionful
02-24-2008, 03:31 PM
You can't shoot co2 in an X-valve because the co2 expands so fast, the temperature drops a lot, and that causes problems, among which might be liquid, which messes up the seals.

Something like that, they've only barely taught us gas laws at school, it's still confusing to me.

warbeak2099
02-24-2008, 04:34 PM
RRFireblade got his x-valve running on co2 on his pumpmag with some mods. I don't know how he did it, maybe talk to him.

I'd probably run anti-siphoned co2 into an ACI 6-stage x-chamber and have that running air into a sideline Stabilizer on the valve. That's the best way I can think of to keep liquid out of the valve.

Madmarx
02-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I've used co2 on my X w/ a remote and semi auto. I didn't wreck any seals but I'm not the fastest fingers in the east either. :rolleyes:

Smoothice
02-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I guess it also depends how the co2 is run.

Everyone keep in mind this will be for a PUMP mag. The option of rapid firing is not available.

Are you planning on a co2 bottle (4.5 oz,9 oz, 12 oz) or a 12 grams?

Are you mounting vertically or horizontally?

Hopefully someone that knows more about x valves can chime in.

Smoothice
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
here is a similar thread

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213720&highlight=pumpmag

mr doo doo
02-24-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry to change the topic a bit, but groovy, you ever find out how to get more shots out of a 12 gram?

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-25-2008, 12:07 AM
sorry to change the topic a bit, but groovy, you ever find out how to get more shots out of a 12 gram?

Nope sorry bud. The way my mag is set up I use a 9oz.

I guess it also depends how the co2 is run.

Everyone keep in mind this will be for a PUMP mag. The option of rapid firing is not available.

Are you planning on a co2 bottle (4.5 oz,9 oz, 12 oz) or a 12 grams?

Are you mounting vertically or horizontally?

Hopefully someone that knows more about x valves can chime in.

Well my idea for this would be a ULE pump mag running a vert 3.5 oz co2 bottle.

DevilMan
02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Can't you run it the a ROCK stab which keeps ALL liquid out???

DM

mr doo doo
02-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Nope sorry bud. The way my mag is set up I use a 9oz.

ah, well, same here. actually, got my pump mag made to run both 9 oz and 12 grams...not at the same time though, of course :rolleyes:

punkrex
02-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I was under the impression that co2 was bad because of its operating pressure is too low. An Emag/Xvalve need 800 psi which is not avail by co2?

Ninjeff
02-25-2008, 01:52 AM
So now that I've finished my classic pump mag I'm looking into my options for a ULE pump. In the alluminum classic valve thread someone said that because you can't rapid fire a pump, co2 on the x-valve should work.

Is this true or is there some other reason why you should not use co2 on an x-valve?

He is a MADMAN i tell ya' A MADMAN! :ninja:

Army
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
I was under the impression that co2 was bad because of its operating pressure is too low. An Emag/Xvalve need 800 psi which is not avail by co2?
Co2 normal pressure is in the 850psi range, plenty to actually run an R/T or Xvalve. The trouble you will have in a normal E/Xvalved gun, is the recharge rate of the valve is so high, that the Co2 doesn't have enough time to expand to gas, thus pumping liquid into the valve.

Pump guns do not have the high rate of "fingered" fire, which gives the Co2 time to expand. Other than the cool factor, you won't get any higher rate of BPS between a Classic and an E/X valve on a pumper.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-25-2008, 10:42 AM
you won't get any higher rate of BPS between a Classic and an E/X valve on a pumper.

Well yeah, the point here is not high rates of fire however, its weight. My goal is to make the lightest pump I can.

Smoothice
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Well yeah, the point here is not high rates of fire however, its weight. My goal is to make the lightest pump I can.

Well it sounds like with the low rate of fire on a pump it should be fine.

As I mentioned earlier try NOT to fill your tank all the way. This will give more room at the top of the tank for the liquid to expand into a gas.

Shane-O-Mac
02-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Can't you run it the a ROCK stab which keeps ALL liquid out???

DM

You cant really keep ALL the liquid out. Now the reason that Palmers says this, is that you set up the reg to run a lil bit under 600psi, at that pressure Co2 cannot stay liquid. BUT that depends on temperature. the colder it is outside, the lower the temo is that Co2 cannot stay liquid. My suggestion would be to use a stabilizer set to 575 or so, and an anti-siphon tank. But that negates the weight savings. My recommendation would be to find an ANS or Shocktech aluminum back half for your classic valve and run an anti-siphon tank setup for your bottomline. Truth is that there isnt that huge of a weight difference between the valves.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
You cant really keep ALL the liquid out. Now the reason that Palmers says this, is that you set up the reg to run a lil bit under 600psi, at that pressure Co2 cannot stay liquid. BUT that depends on temperature. the colder it is outside, the lower the temo is that Co2 cannot stay liquid. My suggestion would be to use a stabilizer set to 575 or so, and an anti-siphon tank. But that negates the weight savings. My recommendation would be to find an ANS or Shocktech aluminum back half for your classic valve and run an anti-siphon tank setup for your bottomline. Truth is that there isnt that huge of a weight difference between the valves.

Well the difference in weight is enough for me to want something lighter. I just don't want to run off get an x-valve then break it with co2. Maybe I will just get a different back for the classic.

Still would like to know a definite answer though.

Too bad I don't have a answer button where Tom would just come out of no where, answer the question, then fade back into the shadows. Think something like the staples easy button.