PDA

View Full Version : Kaner Barrel Material?

jhart
02-24-2008, 11:05 PM
I recently acquired a new style Kaner barrel system and was told that it was titanium. After doing a little research, I have not been able to find anything that would verify this. If anyone knows, could they please tell me what the barrels should be made out of. Thanks, J.Hart

*Is there any way I could use a strong magnet to determine this? That might work....

MANN
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
if it is annodized it is alum. I highly doubt it is titanium.

KC
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I remember hearing about a few titanium kits hitting the market and it being the next big thing...

Post up pics that will help.

jhart
02-24-2008, 11:34 PM
heres the link to pics:

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7735814

as you can see, they have no anno on em, just clearcoat. That is what made me skeptical along with the previous owner saying they were titanium...

PhoenixWolf
02-25-2008, 03:04 AM
That's the right color for titanium. Darker than aluminum. Polished titanium looks rather nice.

Titanium is faintly magnetic, but then again so are a lot of things when you get technical about it (this includes stainless steel). Given that all other commercial paintball barrels made in the last few years are aluminum, if it attracts at all it's probably titanium. If you've got a very strong magnet, it should have a faint attraction to it.

ajnin
02-25-2008, 03:35 AM
put it on a grinder and tell us what color the sparks are.. :)

Sumthinwicked
02-25-2008, 04:05 AM
put it on a grinder and tell us what color the sparks are.. :)
nice trying to see what color ur valves are real nice use him as a tester ;)

MANN
02-25-2008, 06:29 AM
that looks like an alum version. They annoed alot of them that color. weigh one of the pieces, and I will tell you for sure.

jhart
02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
hey guys thanks for all the input, sorry Mann i don't have that sensitive of a scale. However, I did manage to contact WGP on the matter and they said that the kit I have is Aluminum and that they never even made a titanium kit. So, there ya go, Thanks again, J.Hart