PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I dug up all the production parts I had left to sell and sent them to Air Soldier Products. Have Blue and I have an arrangement now, so he will be doing all the retailing of any production stuff I may manufacture in the future.

If you've been after a UMF, a vert Imp frame, a VSF, or a USF, Have Blue has got you covered.

Not everything is listed on his site yet, so if you want something he doesn't list, send him an email and ask.

He even has a single gloss black Alpha Rail I found. It's brand new, still in the bubble wrap from ano three years ago.

There are no FireBlades though, sorry.

That is all, just thought you guys should know who's got the goods now.

:dance: LINKAGE! (http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AOS&Category_Code=CLOSEOUT) :dance:

:ninja:

:cheers:

Sumthinwicked
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
link seems to be down guess hes updating the server

tech-chan
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Linky works fine for me.

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, works here too.

You can also just go to www.AirSoldier.com , click the logo, and then click the "Close Outs" button.

Chronobreak
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
fyi the apha rail is long gone, jsut emailed them and it sold immediately :(

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
fyi the apha rail is long gone, jsut emailed them and it sold immediately :(

Yeah, sorry, I didn't figure that Alpha would last long.

On the upside, I think I will be doing another run of them late this coming summer, after I get all the UEF's delivered.

When they come, ASP will have them. I'll announce it here first obviously.

:headbang:

Chronobreak
02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
good to hear, ive been wanting one for a while.

mr doo doo
02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
...................... :hail:

Mayzons
02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
When you get around to another run of alphas will you offer them non uled aslo? Need a nice pump rail

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
When you get around to another run of alphas will you offer them non uled aslo? Need a nice pump rail

I hadn't been considering it, but I guess I could.

I do not think that there is enough width in an Alpha to accommodate a pump rod though.

It'll break through the outside of the rail in the narrow part.

I'll have a look at the CAD of the pump rail and we'll have to see if there's enough meat to make it work.

Mayzons
02-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I hadn't been considering it, but I guess I could.

I do not think that there is enough width in an Alpha to accommodate a pump rod though.

It'll break through the outside of the rail in the narrow part.

I'll have a look at the CAD of the pump rail and we'll have to see if there's enough meat to make it work.
You are right it will break through but I think it still looks great.I saw it here on Jays pump
http://www.firebladecustoms.com/sitepics/scpumpmag6.jpg

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, that does look pretty badass.

But if it worked on Jay's, why would you need one without the ULE milling inside? His was a standard Alpha. The holes he drilled through the sidewall like that serve to align things, you don't need a full length groove.

Am I missing something here? Did he have to make an insert or something to fill in the ULE pockets? Got any pictars of the insides of that rail?

If I can do them without a lot of fuss, I'd be more than happy to cut some for you. I just don't want to have to totally rethink my process to make it work.

rmg
02-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I always like the looks of the Alpha rail, but I have never seen one in person. Can you use a twistlock body with them?

CoolHand
02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I always like the looks of the Alpha rail, but I have never seen one in person. Can you use a twistlock body with them?

The orginal version, yes.

The new version, probably not. I dunno for sure really, depends on how the design falls out.

I will be doing a run of originals, and a run of new Alphas that are longer to match the ULE bodies, and to take RTP Sears. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

Mayzons
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah, that does look pretty badass.

But if it worked on Jay's, why would you need one without the ULE milling inside? His was a standard Alpha. The holes he drilled through the sidewall like that serve to align things, you don't need a full length groove.

Am I missing something here? Did he have to make an insert or something to fill in the ULE pockets? Got any pictars of the insides of that rail?

If I can do them without a lot of fuss, I'd be more than happy to cut some for you. I just don't want to have to totally rethink my process to make it work.

Not missing anything at all. Jay told me it will work uled but you have to have the pump rod bent and aligned absolutely perfectly and it will stay there and work fine as long as it's fitting tight in the pump handle. I just thought it would be more forgiving if it wasn't uled.Either way I'm going to try it

going_home
03-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow $135.00 and theres still 6 left of the UMF frames.
I need to sell something and grab one of those heheh .

:D

zondo
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Those UMFs can be used for mechs, right? I know I've seen G_H's Pheonix in only a few places :D , but I thought there were 2 versions made, one for electros and one for mechs. Or am I confusing the logic ripper with UMF?

:tard: BRB with some coffee...

going_home
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Those UMFs can be used for mechs, right? I know I've seen G_H's Pheonix in only a few places :D , but I thought there were 2 versions made, one for electros and one for mechs. Or am I confusing the logic ripper with UMF?

UMF stands for ultimate mech mag frame ..... mech means mechanical....meaning no electronics.

;)

craltal
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM

UMF stands for Ultimate Mech Frame...

KC
03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
There are no FireBlades though, sorry. :cheers:

:)

Would love to see another run made... with how many frames Ive scene without aftermarket triggers, I'm sure the demand is out there. Even with the tuna blade re release.

Steelrat
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been holding onto a new fireblade, even though I really don't have any intention of buying another emag. They're just soo nice. I guess I better just go ahead and sell it :(

MournBlade
03-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I've been holding onto a new fireblade, even though I really don't have any intention of buying another emag. They're just soo nice. I guess I better just go ahead and sell it :(
w00t! Dibs!

chafnerjr
03-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Maybe this is a silly question but I have an alpha for a new project and it's turned up at the rear

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/arplud6/IMG_6765.jpg

I've seen one or two like this (I'm sure there are more). Is this an original Alpha, perhaps a different version? It's sweet though. I like it better than the one's without the upturned tail but I was just wondering where it comes from?

CoolHand
03-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe this is a silly question but I have an alpha for a new project and it's turned up at the rear

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/arplud6/IMG_6765.jpg

I've seen one or two like this (I'm sure there are more). Is this an original Alpha, perhaps a different version? It's sweet though. I like it better than the one's without the upturned tail but I was just wondering where it comes from?

Not me, 'cause that's not an Alpha.

I've seen one or two floating around here and there, so it seems that someone has done a few knockoffs with the tail turned up, but it weren't me what cut 'em.

All of mine have been square in the back when viewed from the side. Now, I guess someone could have done that by hand to an Alpha, but once again, it wasn't me that did it.

If you like the look, enjoy it. If you bought it from someone who told you it was an unmodified Alpha, they misled you. (In fact, if that is the case, I'd like to know who sold it to you).

At any rate, there it is.

chafnerjr
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I've PMed with the info. I didn't want to post it in the open in case it's just some sort of mis-understanding or other undisclosed mod. I do really like it personally but I have to match it up with my new airwalk that should be in the mail today!!! (Waiting for delivery of anything cool sucks).

Internally this rail looks a lot like the alpha. I'll see if I can get a better picture later if anyone is interested. I've also found one of these rails on the March MOTM submission by TheFool http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/the13foolz/DSCN4325.jpg

Looks almost like the alpha just turned up at the end. I'll figure out where these came from at some point.