PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe question

Darthmag99
02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi guys, I just bought a hyperframe 13 bps model. I have it up, and the board seems to work fine. the solenoid dosent seem to trip though. On my initial power up the first time, it activated, but that was the only time. since then, (today) it has not.

question- can the solonoid go bad, or get weak?

I have used a new 9volt battery in it- could I just have a bad battery? Im puzzled a bit...before I go wiring in a new solenoid, or look to wire in a new board, I want to make sure its not a simple battery issue.

thanks in advance for any help.

Sumthinwicked
02-27-2008, 08:09 PM
point frame down towards floor if its off the marker with no air itll click when u trip the trigger if u hear clicking its fine if not u need more help than i can give

Darthmag99
02-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I can hear the micro switch activate- does it need to be aired up for the solenied to activate?

also when I air it up, it hisses down the barrel- I know the valve is tuned cause it works with my mech handle. Do I need to shave down the pin on the emag valve I have in the gun?

Darthmag99
02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
okay sumthin- thanks- I got the solenoid tripping- I needs to be a closed circuit meaning that the valve has to close- I need to shave the valve pin down and it should be fine- thanks for your help.

Sumthinwicked
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
shave ? hun i never shaved anything down LOL

nevtangle
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
What on off are you using and what kind of valve is it in? If its an x you'll need an ult. If it's a classic then you'll need the cf on off or you can try the rt.

custar
02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't had much luck using RT Pro on/offs with the two Hyperframes I have owned. Both took a ULT. Best wishes with yours.

custar

thedeceiver
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
okay sumthin- thanks- I got the solenoid tripping- I needs to be a closed circuit meaning that the valve has to close- I need to shave the valve pin down and it should be fine- thanks for your help.

I have my hyperframe, without the wings milled on a flat rail. I am using an x-valve with ult. The hyperframe's solenoid trips when gassed up. The thing is you don't hear the solenoid trip, because the sear's tip(pendelum) isn't pressing against the solenoid. This won't happen unless your marker is gassed up.

You can go ahead and simulate the marker as being gassed by taking off the valve and the body and just pushing the sear down against the solenoid (simulating the down force that on/off makes when its gassed). You should see the sear trip. I used this method as soon as I got my hyperframe since I didn't have air.

If you dont want to do all that you can play with engaging and disengaging the manual safety and you will hear a faint click.

redmagik
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Darthmag!! Congrats on the Hyperframe purchase. I recently got mine working. I use an E Mag valve, lvl 10 and ult. Fun to shoot in hyper mode. I'm thinking of getting an a5 was board and swapping the it in. Hope you and the Marshalls are rockin and rollin, can;t wait to hit the field with you guys again.