PDA

View Full Version : back in the game

kurtisqpublic
02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi all,
I took a LONG break from paintball after being burnt out on the tourney scene in the 90s.
I'm back to playing. I have my old school autococker and just bought an RT classic. The RT has a benchmark 45 and the trigger pull seems a bit on the longish side compared to my minimag that I sold when getting out of the tourney scene. Does anyone know of any good mods to make the benchy as crisp and quick as a stock mag trigger? I was thinking drill for a new trigger? Would turning this thing into the beastly pneumag I read so much about on here be a wise move?
Will be using this for indoor and woodsball open play only. I'm not going back near the tourney circuit. I'm too old and slow now!
~Kurt

trevorjk
02-28-2008, 08:49 AM
benchmarks are know for being long and sloppy :) some love it, some hate it. get use to it or you will need to either mod it or get a new frame.

as for the beastly trigger, totally worth it! you can by all the parts for $50ish then an LPR of some sort. then i believe you can have some one here install it for probably $50-100 at most i would assume, although i have not asked how much they charge.

another thing to look for is if your new RT has a level 10 bolt on it. if not, or your not familiar with it. it is essentially a mechanical antichop bolt that works AMAZING! has a slight tuning perioud with a slight break in period. but once it is up and running like a champ it is simply amazing. there is also a video around somewhere, where Tom kaye puts his tongue in the breech of an xmag with the level 10 bolt and pulls the trigger, thats how soft on paint it is.

erm... back to coffee for me :)

kurtisqpublic
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I've been doing a good amount of research on the boards here. Yes the level 10 sounds slick. I was an employee of paintball dave back in the day so i have done my fair share of airsmithing. I was thinking about doing the pneumag myself. Has anyone achieved the mod on a benchmark frame? I like the overall feel of the frame just dislike the pull.

trevorjk
02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
ah nice nice a wisconsonite :) ever in kenosha county stop by Paintball Sally's on hwy50 2 buildings west of hwy75

paintball sams big game may 4th and 5th! also opening weekend this weekend ;) ill be out saturday ;)

anyways, you really do not hear about the benchmark frame that often anymore. actually they rarely come up. and as far as a pnuemag convesion goes i have never seen on on that frame. but i could be wrong. i really cant help you on that one.

kurtisqpublic
02-28-2008, 12:00 PM
ah nice nice a wisconsonite :) ever in kenosha county stop by Paintball Sally's on hwy50 2 buildings west of hwy75

paintball sams big game may 4th and 5th! also opening weekend this weekend ;) ill be out saturday ;)

anyways, you really do not hear about the benchmark frame that often anymore. actually they rarely come up. and as far as a pnuemag convesion goes i have never seen on on that frame. but i could be wrong. i really cant help you on that one.

Yep, a fellow wisconsinite. I worked as a ref and sometimes sales person for paintball dave for many years. Good times!
As for sally's, I think I may have been in the store last year on a whim. Had some time to kill before a meeting in the area and stopped as I was driving by. I'll have to stop in when i'm in the area again!
Gotta get this RT decked out soon, Probably trying it out in a week or two in a game. I want to get one day in with my brother in law and nephew soon. Dave was a pretty big mag guy back in the day so I think I'm going to have him help me set it up! :shooting: