PDA

View Full Version : Is racegun.dk going to ever pick up the torch?

punkncat
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Are they just dying off or what?

We haven't seen anything out of race since the halfblock and the attempt at marketing their frames through ANS. Racegun.us has completly ruined their reputation, and as far as I know is out of business. .dk still lists parts on their site that as I understand they do not have, including major components like boards and batteries.
I also hear that their turnaround time is absurd with peoples markers being gone for year+ at a time for simple repairs.
I have tried to deal with them over some parts I had considered buying to repair this paperweight of a halfblock I have and was sent some really sketchy parts sheets and have no idea what I need.
The forum has no activity at all.

I suspect that shortly, and unless I am missing something, we will hear about them closing the doors. Its a damn shame really, as I can remember for a long time back a few years that race frames were legendary for their speed.

Steelrat
02-28-2008, 10:57 AM
What did the US part of the company do to ruin their reputation?

punkncat
02-28-2008, 11:02 AM

Not races rep, their divisions rep.

Warwitch
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Eh, here we go agian......

Basicly the guy (Tom) that ran Racegun US was an unreliable, bold faced liar. Continually making promises he wouldnt (not couldnt) fulfill. As it stands he has dozens of peoples markers and is nowhere to be found. Thats the short-short version.

I was one of the people that got personally jacked by him. Im guessing he is #2 on the Paintballs Most Wanted list (second to Billy G. of course). But hes at the top of my list. :argh:

On the up side, it is how I met Diveanx/Jim@APE. He was their local rep and lives very close to me.

Rudz
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
if i run into tom at the nppl event again, ill tell him people are looking to break his legs...

Warwitch
02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
if i run into tom at the nppl event again, ill tell him people are looking to break his legs...

We'd rather you didnt..... :ninja:

(and believe me, he already knows!)

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Jim = Big Thumbs up
Tom = If I never talk to the liar again I will be happy

Steelrat
02-28-2008, 06:00 PM
So, raceguns are pretty much done in the US, and soon to be done worldwide?

Warwitch
02-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Well I talked to Jim a couple of days ago and apparantly he is interested in getting it back up to speed. Thats a pretty hefty undertaking we will have to wait and see.

punkncat
02-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Well I talked to Jim a couple of days ago and apparantly he is interested in getting it back up to speed. Thats a pretty hefty undertaking we will have to wait and see.

Yeah, Jim put a post up on race.dk to the effect that he wanted to bring race back out of the grave. He is wanting to get with them about an updated board and format and possibly get the halfblock back in the limelight.