PDA

View Full Version : Why do we care about BPS so much

thejere
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
*Maybe not a truely deep topic, but I am hoping for more useful feedback by posting here

As I begin assembling a pnuemag for myself, I wonder why I care about getting a high ROF (I'm also doing it because its a damn fun project). Does it really give an advantage on the field?

Simple math first:
Let us consider someone shooting at 10 bps, a modest rate of sustained fire.
At this speed, a paintball travels through a particular space of air every 0.1 second (1s/10 balls), meaning a player has to move his entire boby through that space in less than one tenth of a second to avoid being hit, right?

Now for the handwaving/guessing:
If you're an olympic athelete, you can run 100 yards in about 10 seconds, or, conveniently enough, 1 yard every 0.1 seconds.

So if you run perpendicular to the stream of paint in front of you, you need to present a target to the paint that is less than a yard wide; with all your arm swinging and leg pumping it takes to move at that speed. Even if you manage to be only 18" wide, you have a 50/50 chance of making it through that stream (if the person shooting doesn't notice you running in front of him).

More practically, most of us can't get that turn of speed and won't as we first jump up out of a bunker. We are never going to dive through a stream of paint from a stand still with out a bit of luck. Also, we are never going to run laterally across the field like a carnaval game, we are going to be advancing towards the paint, making ourselves a bigger target.

Why then, are we so concerned about high ROF?
Personal, I think its a good trick to sell me 1500$ marker when a mag will do the job just as well.

Any thoughts? criticisms?

rawbutter
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Keep in mind that a paintball gun is not perfectly accurate. If someone is making a mad dash and you're trying to peg them, you might have to fire many shots in order to "cover" a certain area. Higher bps helps you do that. I've longballed plenty of people, but rarely with a single shot. Usually, I fire five or six shots, and I manage to hit them with one while the other shots just splatter the area around them.

However, I think for paintball, most of the bps is really about bragging rights. It's like the kids who brag about who's car can go faster when, in reality, they'll probably never have the opportunity nor the need to actually push the true limits of the car. It's just something to brag about.

Bolter
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Personal, I think its a good trick to sell me 1500$ marker when a mag will do the job just as well.

Any thoughts? criticisms?

I like high ROF's and I find it good fun trying to max something out, and I enjoy the technology that goes with it. If you dont, then thats up to you surely. I would choose accuracy over speed (in game) any day of the week. Speed is for fun, accuracy is for game time.

You must consider diving, sliding etc, all designed to increase your chance of surviving.

And to be very honest with you, my Xmag was and still is the fastest gun I have ever owned. Wish I still had it.

Edited after a rethink.

ThePixelGuru
02-29-2008, 04:51 PM
The simple answer is because if you were shooting 20bps, that guy running through your stream of paint would have his 50% chance of getting through reduced to 0%. ;) Of course, all that BPS crap matters a whole lot less now that ramping is capped at 13.3bps. BPS used to be a race to the top, now it's all marketing and pissing contests. It's funny, though, that every year someone comes out with the "fastest marker in the world," and every Automaggot just chuckles and thinks about Zak Vetter shooting 34bps.

In other news, you better play some paintball with us this summer. I've got five acres, eight markers, and not enough to do with either... Give me a call sometime. Peace.

pmstc
02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
A high rate of fire is VERY helpful when snap shooting and laning. I used to have the same mentality, until I really started getting in to tourney ball. I don't shoot that much paint, but it is very nice to have a fast gun. I know the gun doesn't make the player, but it sure can break the player.
+ like rawbutter said, paintballs aren't very accurate (even when aimed properly) so more paint in the air = more chances to hit someone.

Sumthinwicked
02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
A high rate of fire is VERY helpful when snap shooting and laning. I used to have the same mentality, until I really started getting in to tourney ball. I don't shoot that much paint, but it is very nice to have a fast gun. I know the gun doesn't make the player, but it sure can break the player.
+ like rawbutter said, paintballs aren't very accurate (even when aimed properly) so more paint in the air = more chances to hit someone.
que in speedballers L:OL i used a shocker as a frontman and i still only 3 ball shot on a snap yea 3 bps and i dont miss so it was 3 hits or keeping them in there bunker most the time id just use my pumpmag verse egos all day and 1 ball them out :nono: spray and prey is for kids us oldschoolers know the way of the mag :headbang:

pmstc
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
que in speedballers L:OL i used a shocker as a frontman and i still only 3 ball shot on a snap yea 3 bps and i dont miss so it was 3 hits or keeping them in there bunker most the time id just use my pumpmag verse egos all day and 1 ball them out :nono: spray and prey is for kids us oldschoolers know the way of the mag :headbang:
Right. I've been shooting a mag since 2001. I'm a kid with no experience.

mr doo doo
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
^^ you forgot the dodgy

RangerX
02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I was playing speedball at the local field this past Sunday with my z-gripped pneumag. I was in the deadbox waiting for the next game to start when I couldnt help but over hear a young kid (13yrs old max id say), talking to what I perceived as his friend.

He was talking about a gun he used to have and if he still had it could shoot 50bps. I restrained myself from informing him that no he could actually not shoot "50bps" and giggled to myself instead.

Bragging rights I guess for having the fastest gun. But thats already been proven :shooting:

going_home
02-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Personal, I think its a good trick to sell me 1500$ marker when a mag will do the job just as well. Any thoughts? criticisms?

Even though some pump players spend $500.00 or more on a high end pump, ROF has very little to do with their paintball game. I say very little because some of the pump teams regularly spit paint fairly fast with autotrigger setups in speedball play.
But the norm for pump players is accuracy accuracy accuracy .
Its not about how many balls you shoot, its about where you put them .

;)

Sumthinwicked
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Right. I've been shooting a mag since 2001. I'm a kid with no experience.
i wasnt calling you a kid but a speedballer so reread it that way ;) and going _home said it nicely (reread above post) i have 15 years exp....... kids bah! :spit_take

pmstc
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry, I literally can't understand what you just wrote.. :confused:

Sumthinwicked
02-29-2008, 08:15 PM
better???? :tard: or put in2 tek skol speech 4 u :rofl:

PumpPlayer
02-29-2008, 08:45 PM
"We" (meaning paintball players in general) care about BPS for the same reason that car enthusiasts care about max speed or even quarter mile times. Simply put, it's an easy benchmark to compare yourself to other people by.

No real race is held on a straight track. In a real race, the skill of the driver is ultimately important and things other than engine power come into play such as braking ability and *gasp* the all-important reliability.

In a real paintball game, you need your gun to work flawlessly from start to finish. You need to not only be able to shoot fast but to aim quickly and put paint on target with the first shot. "Walking it in" is quite simply not a legitimate method of aiming.

But BPS is an easily accessible benchmark to compare. That's all.

Heck, think about it. No matter how fast you shoot, if you put paint on target with the first ball... does that speed really matter?

Sumthinwicked
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
well said@ :clap:

Empyreal Rogue
02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
better???? :tard: or put in2 tek skol speech 4 u :rofl:

Your typing really does make no sense at all.

Sumthinwicked
02-29-2008, 09:33 PM
read it slow LOL it was a joke on tech school banter

ljpiller
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
We don't need BPS. There are people that think they need high rates of fire in order to compete or perform well, but most those that have played long enough with a marker that doesn't have a high rate of fire will know it isn't necessary.

I think it's the mentality of taking the easy route. It's easy to buy a marker these days that can hose out the paint with a hair trigger and own the field. It's difficult to change your play style so that you have enough skill to compensate.

Hgblues
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I played tourneys with a '99 bushmaster up until 2005. It had a stock chip that was 8 to 10 bps, with a warp feed, and, I always said I wouldnt change guns until i thought the technology of the other guns put me at a disadvantage. Well, in 2005 I bought an Alias timmy. If the rules say you can ramp at 13.3, you cannot compete if you are shooting semi at 8 to 10. Now, I'm no fan of higher bps, it would suit me fine if they capped it at 10 bps, I prefer to use athleticism and stratagy to play the game. But that's just the way it is, period. At 13.3 ramping I can cover 2 or sometimes 3 players for my tape to move, my percentage chance of hitting my target in my lanes on the break are much greater than shooting semi or less bps. , AND, I can run in a wide open sprint and still shoot accurately 13.3 bps at my target. As for all the people that keep stating that bps has nothing to do with how good you are, and you can still be competitive shooting a pneumag in a ramp tourney, I just hope I draw all of your teams in my next tournament, because, hey, an easy win is still a win . :dance:

Oh, i'm currently building a pneumag btw, but it's gonna be electro, so i can ramp at 13.3 in the tourneys i play that allow it. Hey, I dont make the rules, but I will use them for my advantage. :shooting:

going_home
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I played tourneys with a '99 bushmaster up until 2005. It had a stock chip that was 8 to 10 bps, with a warp feed, and, I always said I wouldnt change guns until i thought the technology of the other guns put me at a disadvantage. Well, in 2005 I bought an Alias timmy. If the rules say you can ramp at 13.3, you cannot compete if you are shooting semi at 8 to 10. Now, I'm no fan of higher bps, it would suit me fine if they capped it at 10 bps, I prefer to use athleticism and stratagy to play the game. But that's just the way it is, period. At 13.3 ramping I can cover 2 or sometimes 3 players for my tape to move, my percentage chance of hitting my target in my lanes on the break are much greater than shooting semi or less bps. , AND, I can run in a wide open sprint and still shoot accurately 13.3 bps at my target. As for all the people that keep stating that bps has nothing to do with how good you are, and you can still be competitive shooting a pneumag in a ramp tourney, I just hope I draw all of your teams in my next tournament, because, hey, an easy win is still a win . :dance:

Oh, i'm currently building a pneumag btw, but it's gonna be electro, so i can ramp at 13.3 in the tourneys i play that allow it. Hey, I dont make the rules, but I will use them for my advantage. :shooting:

I hate to tell you this but I personally watched a group of pump players take out a pro team with all the toys on the speedball field at Central Florida Paintball.
Most of them were playing stock class too.
BPS has nothing to do with skills. Nothing .
(I just wish I was that good at pump)

:D

halB
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
"What ever happens
We have got
The maxim machine gun
And they have not"
-Rudyard Kipling

Europeans took over Africa, which had modern rifles, because they had the Maxim Machine Gun. Invented by Sir Robert Maxim around 1860, it allowed 2 soldiers to man a machine that could lay down a WALL of lead. Anyone who tried to rush the position was mowed down by a machine that didn't even bother to aim. These Africans were highly trained warriors, from birth. It did not matter. The Europeans didn't even have to aim.

The same disastrous consequence happened in WW1. The guns that had been invented led to a GREAT increase ROF. And the tactics, from the Crimean war, were not updated. Paschendale. Somme. No more needs to be said.

Smoothice
03-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't play in any tourneys.

Just rec ball.

For me bps is just for fun.

I've been rocking my classic mag since I started playing in '96. Probably shooting 4 or 5 bps.

Just last year I started playing pump. I now play 90% pump.

Loguzzzzzz was nice enough to let me use his karta emag about 2 months ago and I have to say I had a smile from ear to ear. Used the same tactics I use with a pump but while walking the trigger. It was awsome.

MANN
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
We need bps because we are guys. We dont need cars that go 200mph either, but again we are guys. We always believe more is good.

minimag03
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
New Scenario:

You are in a tournament with paint flying everywhere. You have to snapshoot at someone on the other team in order to take the game. Would could you shoot faster in the half second that you hang out of your bunker? A fancy electro or a mech mag?

With a fancy electro you could get 6-7 shots off. With a mech mag you could get 2 maybe 3 shots. And double the paint means double the chance of hitting someone (since aiming has become a lost art).

Nick E
03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
It isn't so much that it's become a lost art, it's that in some cases, more is better.
I use a pump gun and a mostly stock impulse...Is that fancy? New? Speedy? Absolutely not.
But, on the rare occasion I need to lay down a bit more paint than usual, the imp can do it. I'd rather not use it(BPS) and have it than not have it and possibly need it. The minimag can't always do that for me, which is why I don't always use it.

Dawg047
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I hate to tell you this but I personally watched a group of pump players take out a pro team with all the toys on the speedball field at Central Florida Paintball.

That is for sure. I have a friend that does the same. Rather he plays with a pump or rental Tippman, he can take out anybody anywhere anythime. He is that good. It is truly not about the marker. It is about the player. Hell, I was busting people with my Mag until a guy runs up and bunkers me with a Phantom :cheers:

Dawg047
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
"What ever happens
We have got
The maxim machine gun
And they have not"
-Rudyard Kipling

Europeans took over Africa, which had modern rifles, because they had the Maxim Machine Gun. Invented by Sir Robert Maxim around 1860, it allowed 2 soldiers to man a machine that could lay down a WALL of lead. Anyone who tried to rush the position was mowed down by a machine that didn't even bother to aim. These Africans were highly trained warriors, from birth. It did not matter. The Europeans didn't even have to aim.

The same disastrous consequence happened in WW1. The guns that had been invented led to a GREAT increase ROF. And the tactics, from the Crimean war, were not updated. Paschendale. Somme. No more needs to be said.

You can not even compare a real life war against paintball. It is not the same at all. In paintball, you have rules and therefore the palyer that can push himself to be great inside those rules, has the advantage. In real life, there are no rules. Demonstrated by young kids in Baghdad that have grenades strapped to their chests.

Also, you can have a gunner on a Machine gun but what is he going to do when a Ghillied up soldier with a Barrett 50.cal blows his head apart like a watermelon? :cheers:

drg
03-03-2008, 03:47 AM

Everyone gives that same BS example. Given the same level of skills, BPS DOES provide an advantage (up to a certain level). And THAT is the point.

Is there a huge difference between 15 and 18 bps? Not really. But between 4 and 15 bps (pump and ramping semi)? HUGE difference. THAT kind of BPS difference is something to care about.

Siress
03-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Coming from a guy that has played in ramping tournaments and has played nothing but stock class for the past 3 years, you guys are comparing apples to oranges. The two approaches are so drastically different in what is required of the operator that to compare the two requires false assumptions. With stock class, the extra skills need are tactical things: planning the next reload of paint and air, prevent being bunkered (different with pump than semi), and aiming with one shot...always. With semi and above, the operator requires these skills instead: planning angles for good ropes, maintaining a low profile, and prevent being bunkered (almost a non-issue with semi's, compared to pumps).

It's harder to transition from semi to SC than to transition back. All of that being said, I find SC play to be more challenging but significantly more satisfying.

As for the OP, it's a game of compensation. The less satisfying a person's life, the more BPS they must have. :rolleyes: The pneumag's offer a more steady gun during the firing process, which should aid in accuracy just a tad. ROF above 12-13bps is strictly for competitions and other peoples that like to hurt each other. Long live the revy...though I plan to pick up a jrny this year for my other gun.

halB
03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
You can not even compare a real life war against paintball. It is not the same at all. In paintball, you have rules and therefore the palyer that can push himself to be great inside those rules, has the advantage. In real life, there are no rules. Demonstrated by young kids in Baghdad that have grenades strapped to their chests.

Also, you can have a gunner on a Machine gun but what is he going to do when a Ghillied up soldier with a Barrett 50.cal blows his head apart like a watermelon? :cheers:

The rules in paintball are only there to simulate warfare accurately. You get hit: you're out. Just like if you get hit by a bullet in battle (even if it's just a flesh wound, you're out of the fight.)

Therefore, I simply cannot understand how you can say that paintball is not analogous to a real life gunfight, at least not using your example.

And I don't think you understand. There was no "gunner" with the maxim. There's no need to aim.

A much better way to destroy my argument would be to point out ranges (much closer in paintball) and cover (ample cover in speedball/woods, which would hamper a machine gunner anyways, compared to no cover in Africa).

Further: My argument doesn't even need to show an analogy between paintball and war. All I was attempting to do was show how higher "bps" revolutionized SOMETHING as we know it. A higher "bps" annihilated people who thought they could win with "skill."*

*Ethiopia is the exception. They recognized that their skill and tactics were NO match. So they made up new ones, and won. With spears and guns.

Dawg047
03-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, I understand paintball like real-life has been revolutionized by ROF. However, ROF does not dictate the winner at all in paintball. It might in real-life, say, like you said in Africa it is pretty much all flat and with the machine gun you don't have to aim because the bullets are just going to spray aross the plains and hit there targets. In paintball, you are most likely not going to be standing wide open with say a pump and lose becasue you were hit my a 20bps monster. In paintball, you always most likely have some form of cover all over the field, that is what makes it fun and challenging. A player can stand there and spray at a bunker all he wants. Keep in mind though, he or she is ONE player. They can really only shoot in ONE general direction at a time (well, they can just plaster all over the whole bunker but that leaves certain aspects of inaccuracy open for you to take advantage of). Leaving, another direction open for you to shoot out of. Now, if are in a corner, you are out of luck but a well experienced palyer could find there way out of a heavy gunner situation almost every time given certain circumstances. You can't blind fire in paintball, atleast at any field I have ever played at. I was just simply saying that it appeared your post was saying that ROF determines the outcome period when it really doesn't in paintball. That is the aspect I was trying to point out that you cannot compare to Real-Life. Anyways, good points, I like higher rates of fire just in the fact that it makes it easier to hit someone. If that player is really good, it is going to be hard to hit them no matter what though. ROF does make up for paintball inacurracy but paintballs are not that inaccurate any more or should I say marker technology has gotten much better (BESIDES AUTOMAGS, THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ON THE BALL). I mean, if they were as accurate as live ammunition, it would not be fun anymore. I believe we like higher ROF because we are humans, we test the limits of what we can do for everything. Cars, Houses, Baseball bats, Food, Computers ect. ect.... Thanks man, I think we both conveyed great points :cheers: .

Indignant
03-04-2008, 01:40 AM
the more paint you put in the air, the better your chances of one of those balls hitting your opponent. would you rather set up a lane with an Ego or a Phantom?

kurtisqpublic
03-04-2008, 08:04 AM
the more paint you put in the air, the better your chances of one of those balls hitting your opponent. would you rather set up a lane with an Ego or a Phantom?

I guess it depends on if you're playing tourneys or not. I would have no problem in casual play setting up a lane with a phantom. Accurate beyond belief and you can get some pretty nice strings off with the auto trigger if you know what you're doing. Of course I am giving the old fart disclaimer here. I played tourneys back in the 90s and won many a game with a pgp in hand. :ninja:

SR_matt
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
why do you want a car that can go 200 mph, a sound system that can shatter windows, a phone that can surf the web, is an ipod, and a computer all in one... because its FREAKIN SWEET</peter griffin voice>

but ya bps is one of those this that its awesome but in game 15 bps i can see, 10-12 is impossible for he average person to run through then considering that you might get a bounce or what not ok a few more bps in there. in all honesty i wish my mag could shot faster, not to shoot streams but when im way away from some one that is kinda poking out for a bunker and i cant move easily but i cant just hit them accurately i just want to toss 3-5 balls at them very fast to cover that little area.

also the fact a gun can shoot fast (specifically on mechs) shows it is tuned well, any mag out of the box can be walked to 5-8 bps easily with a ult but if you tune the ult and set your trigger well and practice you can get it much higher with out having to up the input pressure.

but i still like pumps, i really just think that the bps race is stupid over all but when im out playing and some one throws 15 bps at me i want to be able to toss it back at them because they do have a small advantage with the higher ROF if they are at the same skill level but they mental advantage over people specifically less skilled players is pretty dramatic.

-matt

Indignant
03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
I guess it depends on if you're playing tourneys or not. I would have no problem in casual play setting up a lane with a phantom. Accurate beyond belief and you can get some pretty nice strings off with the auto trigger if you know what you're doing. Of course I am giving the old fart disclaimer here. I played tourneys back in the 90s and won many a game with a pgp in hand. :ninja:

congratulations, but if you put an ego in a pump player's hands they certainly aren't going to get any worse.

Enemy
03-28-2008, 04:01 AM
ok it hasnt been said or atleast i didnt see it as an argument... when you are putting someone in the guy shooting faster will give the person being put in less time to snap shot..

i can snap in a 10-12 bps stream but someone hitting above that it gets more and more difficult..

another example in sup air i can put a 15 bps stream on the top of a bunker. that will push the bunker down and one of my balls ought to make it through which they normally do..

most of the shots i get off on people are one or two shot snaps, but being able to put them down or put them in with a higher ROF and walk up on them, or even put a lane that they cant run through makes a big difference.

then there is the skilled player the higher the skill the less and shorter time something is exposed now if you are shooting on where something might stick out and you get a split second of something exposed you have a higher chance to hit it.

Lastely when you play against less experienced players the rate of fire intimidates them allowing you to "impose your will onto them forcing them to make the mistakes." like hiding while you are moving on them

mobsterboy
03-28-2008, 10:37 PM
this is really just one of those subjects where personal preference and beliefs are all that matters for each person....

Its like asking if a drop makes a gun more comfortable, if one mask or jersey or paint is better... or if Dasani tastes better than Aquafina. Not being rude but its all up to you...

jade_monkey07
03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Coming from a guy that has played in ramping tournaments and has played nothing but stock class for the past 3 years, you guys are comparing apples to oranges. The two approaches are so drastically different in what is required of the operator that to compare the two requires false assumptions. With stock class, the extra skills need are tactical things: planning the next reload of paint and air, prevent being bunkered (different with pump than semi), and aiming with one shot...always. With semi and above, the operator requires these skills instead: planning angles for good ropes, maintaining a low profile, and prevent being bunkered (almost a non-issue with semi's, compared to pumps).

It's harder to transition from semi to SC than to transition back. All of that being said, I find SC play to be more challenging but significantly more satisfying.

As for the OP, it's a game of compensation. The less satisfying a person's life, the more BPS they must have. :rolleyes: The pneumag's offer a more steady gun during the firing process, which should aid in accuracy just a tad. ROF above 12-13bps is strictly for competitions and other peoples that like to hurt each other. Long live the revy...though I plan to pick up a jrny this year for my other gun.

good post! :cheers:

ThePixelGuru
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
i can snap in a 10-12 bps stream but someone hitting above that it gets more and more difficult..
You can really get out of your bunker, aim your marker, fire a few shots and be entirely back in your bunker in .08 seconds? That's assuming you time it perfectly - if you can't get out exactly behind one of the balls in the string, you'd need to do all that in .04 seconds just to have a 50/50 chance of not getting hit. If The Flash played paintball, maybe... Also consider that if you're not the fastest snap shooter in the world, then there are probably people who would be able to snap into a stream at least 1.3bps faster than that, and therefore with legal ramping (13.3bps) you wouldn't be able to keep them in their bunkers at all.

Also, a lot of times I slow or pause during my string just to tempt people out of their bunkers. :D

another example in sup air i can put a 15 bps stream on the top of a bunker. that will push the bunker down and one of my balls ought to make it through which they normally do..
Hah! Now that's a strategy I've never heard. That works? Another reason not to play those silly marshmallow fields...

SR_matt
03-29-2008, 04:25 PM
You can really get out of your bunker, aim your marker, fire a few shots and be entirely back in your bunker in .08 seconds? That's assuming you time it perfectly - if you can't get out exactly behind one of the balls in the string, you'd need to do all that in .04 seconds just to have a 50/50 chance of not getting hit. If The Flash played paintball, maybe... Also consider that if you're not the fastest snap shooter in the world, then there are probably people who would be able to snap into a stream at least 1.3bps faster than that, and therefore with legal ramping (13.3bps) you wouldn't be able to keep them in their bunkers at all.

Also, a lot of times I slow or pause during my string just to tempt people out of their bunkers. :D

Hah! Now that's a strategy I've never heard. That works? Another reason not to play those silly marshmallow fields...

thats assuming the bunker is at just the right psi, and will not work consistently over the day since the bunkers heat up a lot and the psi increases. (that was such a pain when i used to reff)

-matt

bryceeden
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
High BPS is an advantage, its that simple. It is important? not really, I used a Revy on my Marq yesterday(I broke another freaking hopper(2nd one this year already) and was left with the revy) and did about the same I always do with my faster hoppers but in major fire fights I felt alittle out gunned. Had my Halo, Reloader, Fasta, ETC not been broken I would have used them instead because I'm more confident in my play when I can shoot my way out if I need to.

SR_matt
03-30-2008, 10:00 AM
High BPS is an advantage, its that simple. It is important? not really, I used a Revy on my Marq yesterday(I broke another freaking hopper(2nd one this year already) and was left with the revy) and did about the same I always do with my faster hoppers but in major fire fights I felt alittle out gunned. Had my Halo, Reloader, Fasta, ETC not been broken I would have used them instead because I'm more confident in my play when I can shoot my way out if I need to.
dang a little hard on the hoppers there eh?

-matt

BlackOps
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
For what its worth, for any woodsball players out there. ROF allows you to cut through the small branches and bushes faster than the other guy. Its not a necessity by any means, but its a nice advantage all the same.

Siress
07-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Not the most impressive necropost I've ever seen, but it's one of the top 10, I do believe. Congratulations! :p

2 years, 3 months and 15 days.

Frizzle Fry
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Further: My argument doesn't even need to show an analogy between paintball and war. All I was attempting to do was show how higher "bps" revolutionized SOMETHING as we know it. A higher "bps" annihilated people who thought they could win with "skill."*

"Whatever happens, we have the Maxim Gun, and they have not."

Seriously though, ZOMBIE THREAD!

BlackOps
07-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm not even sure how I drug this up from the dead. It was on the first page for me somehow, I know I was no where near page 8. Oh well. :confused:

Frizzle Fry
07-16-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm not even sure how I drug this up from the dead. It was on the first page for me somehow, I know I was no where near page 8. Oh well. :confused:

Come to think of it, it was on the first page for me before you posted, too.

kcombs9
07-16-2010, 07:28 AM
It sounds good on paper... But...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nGoIiwvTU&feature=related

teichild
07-16-2010, 07:28 AM
have to admit.... "necropost" made me laugh good and hard.

Frizzle Fry
07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
It sounds good on paper... But..

:rolleyes: