PDA

View Full Version : 68 micromag AIR valve.

thahouse
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know where i can find tuneup instructions for this particular valve? I have acquired one recently in a trade, and would love to build a 4th mag with this valve. Also, are there any existing valve kits that would be compatible with this valve?

thanks in advance!

Dawg047
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
68 Micromag valve is the same as any Classic Valve. It was just branded for the Proteam Products lines of Micromags. It is compatible with all Classic Valve parts and compatible with the level 10 kit and the RTP on/off. If you need replacement parts, contact Tunaman at Tunamart or TheMagSmith to buy a classic parts kit. As far as tuning, You shouldn't need to tune unless velocity is high in that case, you need to back the rear velocity nut out. If it is leaking, describe the problem and any number of else will help you track down the problem. Good luck, nice find on a Micromag valve by the way.

Sumthinwicked
02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
buy it off you for 50 ?

thahouse
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Dawg, thanks for the reply! As of right now, it airs up just fine..just doesnt want to fire for some reason. Im assuming that the pin is just stuck, and when i dissassembled the trigger pin assy, it looked mixed up (such as a white oring being underneath a clear oring and the pin looks backwards), but im not familiar with classic valves yet, so i gota figure out all these things.

Sumthinwicked; Thanks for the offer, but ill have to decline at the moment, since i would love to rebuild this as a complete marker as everything is in mint condition, and i have to just buy a trigger frame and can resell for alot more than 50 bucks alltogether.

**edited to clarify my reply to sumthinwicked's offer as i misphrased my statement**