PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't Stone Me...

KevinA
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
I got to thinking, and well, if you can put a regulator for your tank, to send the right amount of pressure to the valve, then couldn't the same thing in essence be done with a HPR instead of an air through foregrip? I was just wondering, because I was looking at some of the Pnuemags, and a few of them are using Palmer Stabilizers as the front grip, and I know they're functional. Is it the same, and if not, is there any benefit to using a HPR instead of a air through? Thanks for everyone's time.

Kevin

Ruler_Mark
02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
are you saying so that we dont use the regulator no the back of the valve? that would defeat the purpose of the mag's valve design.

mr doo doo
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
if a automag valve needs around 850 psi to operate, and a tank's output pressure is usually 850 psi, why would you want to regulate the pressure when the pressure of the tank is exactly what the valve needs to operate? you would also starve the valve of air.

pneumags use them in substitutions of LPR's i believe.

KevinA
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
No no!!! Not at all! I meant like using a maxflo system on the tank to regulate the pressure to the valve, so you could feed it say 1200 psi or so... but instead of using one of those, could you Use a HPR instead of an air through grip... I hope I don't confuse anyone further... The Question makes sense to me though! :(

txaggie08
02-29-2008, 12:03 AM
You'd be starving the gun. I see what your saying, but it wont work

You'd have to pump the 3k-4.5k out of the tank to the vert reg, then reg it down. If you use a screw in and an adjustable, the screw in will output around 800psi and the reg will not be able to enhance that, actually wont be able to keep it steady at that.

You don't want to put 3000+ psi through airline and run around with it btw...blowouts would be BAD

drg
02-29-2008, 12:11 AM
It would be hell unscrewing that tank too ;)

mr doo doo
02-29-2008, 12:12 AM
oh, i see, haha. regulators are meant to regulate the pressure downward, which is why they are used a lot on electros since higher pressure would blow out the solenoid. (hope im right).

KevinA
02-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Ahh... ok, so if they had an lpr, any other "reg" they used on the vert adapter would be for show... right?

mr doo doo
02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Ahh... ok, so if they had an lpr, any other "reg" they used on the vert adapter would be for show... right?

not necessarily. sometimes people use non-working regulators as gas-thru grips (though we rarely see that), but the people who do use them obviously use them for a reason. usually they are on pneumags to substitute the use of an LPR (i think).

KevinA
02-29-2008, 12:45 AM
kk cool. Thanks loads.

Kevin

Army
02-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Regardless of what tank pressure input, the 'Mag itself will regulate it down to around 450psi, which is why your tank will only go to around 500psi before the gun quits working.

By-passing the 'Mag rear valve will result in extreme wear on O-rings and seals if you set the pressure above 450-500psi out of a separate regulator.

I mean c'mon! It's already the fastest mechanical out there, and one of the fastest electro's, and it still uses nearly 20 year old technology!