PDA

View Full Version : opening day

Ninjeff
03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Well today was opening day at the field here. Thank god. I was there along with some friends. I wasnt expecting a big turn out, sure enough, there were only 9 people there, including me and two buddies. Still, the people that were there were good friends from The Horsemen scenario team so the competition was tight and the commrodery was good. It was about 40-45* out today, and after a brutal past 3 months of snow/ice/snow/ice/rain/snow/ice and general ugliness the fields were still pretty snow covered. And the parts that were not, were really muddy. Still, it was pretty cool as the temp. wasnt bad if you were wearing the proper gear (t-shirt, elbow pads, long sleeve shirt and a jersey for me, along with two pairs of socks, paintball pants, and a beanie) i felt fine the whole day. And it was fun to play in the snow, without the adverse effects associated with it. Later in the day when stuff started really melting it got pretty dirty. But thats fine by me.

The paint (polar ice somethinorother) was fair. It wasnt the straightest flying paint, but it broke when you hit something. The field owner is one of teh greatest guys in the sport, so he didnt charge us a field fee, and gave us a (really) good deal on paint. Im happy to be part of his reffing team this year, as he really goes out of his way to make sure players are happy.

All in all, i had a BLAST despite the sloppy conditions on the field.

The gun shot ok. I had to use my cocker pump since i dont have my mag back yet. After sealing up some leaks from the off season (why does EVERYTHING develop a leak in the off season?) and a fresh dose of oil she shot pretty great. Garnering me 10 eliminations for the day. Not bad for a bunch of 3 on 4 games.
Speaking of which, Im exausted. Man i got out of shape over the winter. I smoke too damn many cigarettes and eat too much damn food. Still, through all of my sucking wind-chest pain-wheezy-muscle ache-i-ness i feel fantastic. really i do.

The weather looks like crap for the next week, so i dont expect the snowy and muddy field to go away anytime soon, but i dont care. Come April and teh sunny weather the field will dry out and things will be excellent again. Im just damned happy to be playing once more.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-02-2008, 03:31 AM
There would have been pic's but! The camera battery was dead.... :cuss:

And the pump mag froze up some, damn co2.

It really was a great day though.