PDA

View Full Version : Precalculus Makes Me Cry

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry had to let it out somehow. :tard:

questionful
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I wish I could learn something useful. I'm in "applied geo-stats" which means they put me in the retard class just cause I have ADD or something.

BiNumber3
03-02-2008, 10:13 PM
just wait till ya get to calc 2 and beyond:P

koleah
03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
just wait till ya get to calc 2 and beyond:P
Yeah, precalc kinda sucks, calc kinda sucks, at least the boring basic stuff, although thats where you learn how it works. But the second half of calc1, and calc2 and on, are pretty interesting, because you learn to do some really interesting things with it.

neppo1345
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Precalc is childs play.

jenarelJAM
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Learning, i've found, is one of the most underrated tasks out there. It's not so hard to apply the things you already know again and again, possibly in new ways, or use your inginuity (sp?) to accomplish something. It takes a lot more work to add something to your list of learned skills than most people think about, remember, or give credit for. Sure, plenty of people have learned precalc, calc, stats, various applied sciences, etc. before you have, but that doesn't mean things aren't hard here and now. Everyone looks back and thinks the things they did before were so easy, but they weren't when they were there themselves.

Don't let it get you down. High School kinda sucks as far as time management goes, but you'll get past it. Stick it out and you'll be fine.

pmstc
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Precalc sucks and is pointless. I took it twice between high school an college.
and now I'm in Calculus which has NOTHING to do with Precal.

Just pass the class, most of it is BS.

Hexis
03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
now I'm in Calculus which has NOTHING to do with Precal.

...yet.

MoeMag
03-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I feel ya... like 4 years ago.

Learn algebra like a mad man.
learn trig till ya can think in secant lines

Precalc is a B.
calc is nasty.
calc 2 gets better.
calc 3... ya just deal with it.
after that... you have your minor in math and your a nut case.

in good company.
:cheers:

Hexis
03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Linear Algebra is what used to piss me off.

That calc stuff was easy in comparison.

Ruler_Mark
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM
calc 3 isnt as bad as calc 2 imo. After i finish my computer engineering core i'll be 2 classes from a math minor joy!

p8ntbal4me
03-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I HATE my pre-calculus class!

Ugh,.... the 1 reason I dont want to get up on Wednesday.

~ P8nt

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
The part I hate the most is I'm a computer science major and I most likely will never use the class. Powers of 2 and powers of 3 is all you really need to know for computer networking.

warpedmephisto
03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I'm glad I'm all done with my math classes - now just general engineering classes from here on out. Calc 1 blindsides you if you've never had any calc before, calc 2 just blows, calc 3 is cool and differential equations is pretty easy.

MANN
03-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I feel ya... like 4 years ago.

Learn algebra like a mad man.
learn trig till ya can think in secant lines

Precalc is a B.
calc is nasty.
calc 2 gets better.
calc 3... ya just deal with it.
after that... you have your minor in math and your a nut case.

in good company.
:cheers:

QFMFT

I will say tho Differential Equations was the easiest of the calc.
Keep your head down, and you will make it through it.

Mikey B
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Pre calc wasn't hard but it wasn't easy when I took it. Calc 1 wasn't too bad either, However i am currently in Calc 2... :mad: At this very moment I am pissed off at it because I have a ton of homework due tomorrow and don't know how to do any of it. Integration Techniqus... lol, I have a good feeling I will be re-taking this class next semester :cuss: