PDA

View Full Version : My Mini gave me trouble for the first time yesterday

punkncat
03-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I used this marker in the CFOA most of the season last year. I have used it in many practices, open play days, fooling around and had zero problems out of it. Not one single chop, until yesterday.

I took it out to a practice where some old teammates are nice enough to let me get on with them. Actually walked out to the home bunker this time (yea)...but my Mini was chopping paint like crazy all day. It got so bad that it backed up broken paint all the way into my reloaderB completly fouling it, there was paint dripping from the detents and from around the battery pack and trigger area. The eyes are so fouled up I am going to have to drop the frame and rail and pull them to clean them up properly. I had paint all the way back the bolt assy. One heck of a mess.

I think it's mad at me cause I haven't used her since my accident. Good thing I had the Angel and a revi with. I slapped that together and went on my merry way. Had a good day. Smoked a few people, got smoked a few times. All in all a really good time.

Siress
03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey! I'm glad to see you're back on the field. Hate it about your mini, though.

sandfreestyle
03-03-2008, 11:51 AM
are u sure it was chopping and not barrel breaks? barrel break will act the same way.

trevorjk
03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
maybe you need a new bolt springs. ive been told after extensive shooting, the main bolt spring weakens after a while causing it to hit paint harder then it should. might be the issue? but then again, this is all hear say

that or lube the gun up.

i went out and played saturday in 30* temps, and out of what few guns that came out the only guns that shot the bad paint was the 2 mini's :)

neppo1345
03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I move back to GA in less than a month. Better make sure that thing is in tip top shape.

st6212
03-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Check your battery. Try using a fresh one.

Try increasing your bip to 3 - 5.

pyrodragon
03-04-2008, 03:21 AM
time to send it in. my friend had the same issue and had to send it in. they ended up replacing almost everything. just from what i have seen.

halB
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I just resolved my problem.

Check the powerfeed plug. That could be the source of your problem. See if your plug has a little flat spot at the bottom of the curve. It jams when you use forcefeed. I swapped mine for one off my spyder.

Check the powertube o rings. Make sure they're in the right order.

t0nnn
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
half he's talking about the invert mini

punkn you sure it wasn't the paint?

punkncat
03-04-2008, 08:02 PM
punkn you sure it wasn't the paint?

Not sure at all that it wasn't the paint. I am going to slap a fresh battery in and get some paint, this stuff has been sitting in my closet since before the accident.

I don't really mind at all, it gave me something good to do with my time taking the marker apart and cleaning it out really well.

d4m4don3
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
A fresh batt. is always a good idea. Try lubing the poppet with dow 33 instead of any aftermarket lubes. You can put whatever grease you want on the bolt. Using any lube on the poppet slicker than dow 33 tends to increase blowback which means you have to mess with your settings.

greezypete
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
I had a very similar problem with my mini. Id had it since Feb 07 and had never had any touble out of it. Then after it working great at cold temps the first couple of games , it acted like the battery was getting low. After changing the battery , it started chopping like mad. I took the loader off and just put 2 balls into the feed tube , and it shot the top ball 20 feet into the air. The guy standing next to me thought it shot the ball out of the feed tube instead of the barrel , lol. I had never had ANY problems out of the gun before.

I called KEE and told them what had happened , expecting to have them send me a different poppet , but they said to send it to them and they would look at it. When I got it back I thought they had sent me the wrong gun. I even had a different S/N. They had changed almost EVERYTHING. (S/N is on the manifold plate , which they changed) They replaced both boards , the poppet , the trigger frame (????) , the manifold plate , and a couple other things I cant remember. (I'm old , what can I say)

Anyway , it works great again for now. Send it in its not always a easy fix.

BigEvil
03-05-2008, 05:43 AM
this stuff has been sitting in my closet since before the accident.

SMACK