PDA

View Full Version : Getting an adjustable reg and tank

Hook
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I've always wanted to get the most out of my mag and with a 68/3000 fixed output tank, I felt like I was missing out on something. So out with the old, and in with the new! (actually used, but you catch the drift) In a couple of weeks, I should have a nice Macdev Conquest adjustable reg on a Dye Throttle 91/4500.

Now I'm wondering -- will the 91/4500 be too heavy to have installed under the grip? I'll be running a remote most of the time after all, but I'll want to use it with a micro rail or drop once in a while.

TheRock
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
i dont know if the conquests has changed since i used them in -03 but then you could not get any higher then about 650psi and that would be to low to get your tac screaming.

guseppe16
03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
That's gonna be quite a load to have running off the gripframe. Do you know anyone with a 91 that would let you get a feeling for how it balances? The largest tank I run on-marker is an 88, and I mount it facing forward (with a mini drop). Shouldn't weigh that much less than a 91, and it makes the whole package very neutral. That may work for you.

Hook
03-03-2008, 02:11 PM
i dont know if the conquests has changed since i used them in -03 but then you could not get any higher then about 650psi and that would be to low to get your tac screaming.
The Conquest I'm getting can go up to 1200psi, so I should be fine.

That's gonna be quite a load to have running off the gripframe. Do you know anyone with a 91 that would let you get a feeling for how it balances? The largest tank I run on-marker is an 88, and I mount it facing forward (with a mini drop). Shouldn't weigh that much less than a 91, and it makes the whole package very neutral. That may work for you.
Great suggestion, I'll give that a try once it gets here!

*EDIT*

Actually, I took a look at a 92 today and it's definitely too big for my taste. I was able to get the Conquest installed on a 68/4500. I'm sure I'll be happier with that kind of setup.