PDA

View Full Version : Regulator enlightment

Psiclonius01
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm slowing realizing that I'm a better player than engineer. I will soon be working to upgrade my Tac-one warp right with a pneumatic trigger, but had some question on parts and other stuff.

LPR- will any reg work (I've looked @ Black Magic Regulator, DYE hyper 2)?

Will an adjustable Reg (looked @ AIM68) allow me to increase my tank output to 1000psi or will only an adjustable tank reg to that for me?

All part suggestions welcome

jonny72888
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
if i were you...
i would get a nitroduck ireg (found on ebay for about$25) and then get the kit for it (again ebay for about $30) that will let you go from 800psi to 1000psi. from what i have seen the regs flow good and its a cheap way to get the 1000psi you are after.

Andrewliu6294
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
LPR, you would most likely need a cocker LPR with the 1/8NPT input. Standard regs will not be able to go to a low enough pressure, at least not consistantly. Only exception is Palmers, people have been running their regs with LP springs for pneumags.

You would need to change your tank reg to adjustable in order to be able to up your input, a standard regulator would not do that.

DanMan
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I was under the impression that there would be no benifit to using a ajustable tank reg on a pneumag because the rt effect is nullified. I guess that it would help the recharge rate but idk. Am i right on this?

Psiclonius01
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
That does bring up a good point. Do you benefit with a higher psi on a pneumatic system? I have read that it helps with the ULT, which is what I was originally going to do, but have heard that the performance on the pneumag was better.

RangerX
03-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I didnt like the ult on my pneumag, so I put the regular on/off back in.

Personally I liked the kick from the RT effect resetting the air ram, It appeared to reset it faster from what I could tell. The ULT seemed like it didnt have enough umph for me.

DanMan
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
but did you think that an ajustable tank was that much better on the pneumag?

longi
03-08-2008, 06:56 AM
I use a Centerflag 68/4500 850 psi Hyperflow preset reg, and i can tell you it works perfectly well. Now, for the record, i still use the RT effect on my Pneumag for a different reason other than for having the trigger bounce for the following reason. Rather than try to eliminate the bouncing effect of the valve, (which you can't!) I let the conversion work with the return force of the valve to keep the rate of fire high. In fact, i've been looking at ways to increase the valves reactivity further to make walking the trigger a more consistantly easy and an all the more satisfying experience. I use the Emag on/off pin or the RT on/off pin. There's no noticable difference in performance between the two on/off's. I don't use the ULT. I've managed to increase the reactivity of the valve by using 2 ULT shims and 2 LX10 shims in the same way you would if you were using the the ULT on/off. I'd estimate i've increased the valves reactivity by around 10-12%. The gun now has a ramping quality to it, and no it doesn't bounce the trigger! Don't try to eliminate the RT effect, work with it.

DanMan but did you think that an ajustable tank was that much better on the pneumag?

I was almost sold on buying a new adjustable reg, but i'm not going to bother. 4 shims is a whole lot cheaper than a new reg. I can't sasy whether the shim mod will work on every valve, but 4 shims cost next to nothing as a cheap experiment.
I'm pretty certain though that a higher pressure reg will give a higher rate of fire when walking the trigger though. Try the shims first though. :)

longi
03-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Oh yeah, Nitroduck have gone bust i belive. I may be wrong though. ASP sells the Centerflag adjustable 4500psi dynaflow regs.

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AOS&Category_Code=REGULATORS