PDA

View Full Version : Do mags hold their value that well...

no limit
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
or am I missing something. I was on AGD's site and built a new ULE mag with every option they offered.

RT-ULE Custom
001271-1474+1682-001880-BLK-001496-FLT-003020 Select an X-Valve : Black
Select a Mainbody : ULE CF Black
Select a Gripframe : Y-Grip Flat Black
Trigger/Valve - On/Off Type : ULE Trigger Pull Kit/Installed
Select a Barrel : No Barrel
Detent (Kila-ULE bodies ONLY) : Stock Detent (no charge)
Delivery Signature : Waive Signature (at own risk)
Freight Insurance : Domestic Insurance

Total cost is 516.50 without the barrel (I am looking at the Palmer brass cocker one).

The mags on the forums seem to be selling for 350-450 for a couple year old used one. Are there more options that are available that I'm missing (besides the obvious such as an emag or the like)?

Not trying to insult the mag sellers just trying to get a feel for the values so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks,
Travis

halB
03-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I recently bought a used mag and got into the family.

Mags have held their value EXTREMELY well. They're not making them anymore, and they're still kick butt guns. I was looking at having to pay 100 bux or more for a CLASSIC! The best deal I was able to find was from a friend who wasn't in paintball anymore, didn't really know the value, and messed his mag up. I picked it up for 60 dollars. Needed a new sear pin, new field strip pin, the o rings being put in correctly, and a new barrel. Still worth the money.

For an RT mag, if you can pick it up for under 200, with a SS body and no upgrades, consider yourself lucky. Hell, an old emag valve still goes for 100.

evade
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
They're not making them anymore,
Maybe Airgun Designs didn't get the memo?

jaywmustang
03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
last time i checked u could still order a mag.

halB
03-05-2008, 10:34 PM
From what I've heard those are all older parts. It is my impression, from the dialogue at pbn, that AGD no longer MAKES them. As in, at this moment in time, there is no factory churning out a brand new mag.

Thourne
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
RT, X-valve & E-mags do hold their value, but the classics without any upgrades are not holding that well. If you bought used in the last few years then yes they are holding quite well, but anyone who knows what a mag used to cost knows they have lost a huge amount. Used to a classic would run $350-450 depending on how it was dressed. Now if it doesn't have lvl 10 and it's pretty stock $125 is a good price to get for it. So depending on what you've got and what you paid for it you might see it hold its value and you might not.

tech506
03-05-2008, 11:38 PM
what about sydarms?

KC
03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
RT, X-valve & E-mags do hold their value, but the classics without any upgrades are not holding that well. If you bought used in the last few years then yes they are holding quite well, but anyone who knows what a mag used to cost knows they have lost a huge amount. Used to a classic would run $350-450 depending on how it was dressed. Now if it doesn't have lvl 10 and it's pretty stock $125 is a good price to get for it. So depending on what you've got and what you paid for it you might see it hold its value and you might not.

Yeah but some markers that once brought 350-400 are worth more melted down today. The mag is great at holding its value. Or, atleast more value then other guns.

ThePixelGuru
03-06-2008, 04:13 AM
It is my impression, from the dialogue at pbn
That's your mistake right there. :rofl:

AGD replenishes their inventory. That means that Automag parts are still being made. Previously when this topic has come up, some AGD employee has popped in and confirmed this.

S.S Bandit1
03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
It is my impression, from the dialogue at pbn, that AGD no longer MAKES them.

pbn, a REALLY good source for accurate information

phizz
03-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Two x-mags just sold mine and another both for over $1000 that proves they hold their value.