PDA

View Full Version : How many people still have AGD slugs?

Xmagterror
03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Just trying to get an idea of how many people still have an AGD slug.

You can send me your AGD slug for phoenix body milling. I am doing a spring run.

evade
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a slug that I just picked up from someone else on these forums. I already have one of your Phoenix bodies, and it is gorgeous.

I am still debating whether to send it to you to be milled into a phoenix, fork out the big bucks and send it to deadlywind while I still can or wait for your next design.

The fact that you are offering ACE milling is definately a plus.

jaywmustang
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
i still have one, i am still up in the air about sending it in.

Empyreal Rogue
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I have a slug that I just picked up from someone else on these forums. I already have one of your Phoenix bodies, and it is gorgeous.

I was debating whether to send it to you to be milled into a phoenix, fork out the big bucks and send it to deadlywind while I still can or wait for your next design.

The fact that you are offering ACE milling has clinched it for me. You will get my slug to be made into another Phoenix.

Colin use to offer Ace Milling. I know he has the specs somewhere, unless he lost them. Just ask, can't hurt.

SummaryJudgement
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Just trying to get an idea of how many people still have an AGD slug.

You can send me your AGD slug for phoenix body milling. I am doing a spring run.

Hey XMT! :D

I have a couple of slugs, even a slug rail. I was hoping to get something "new" (design wise) at one point though. PM any info you have concerning CAD time billing along with machine time. I would certainly be happy to let you do a run if you like my design (and if it drops the price of course).

I tried to take a little time to learn the CAD thing, and haven't had the opportunity to fully wrap my head around it. At this point I may just do a design in 3d and hopefully find someone who can competently generate the CAD stuff for milling for me.

:cheers:

KC
03-07-2008, 01:53 AM
Colin use to offer Ace Milling. I know he has the specs somewhere, unless he lost them. Just ask, can't hurt.

on it. ;)

cougar20th
03-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Hey XMT! :D

I have a couple of slugs, even a slug rail. I was hoping to get something "new" (design wise) at one point though. PM any info you have concerning CAD time billing along with machine time. I would certainly be happy to let you do a run if you like my design (and if it drops the price of course).

I tried to take a little time to learn the CAD thing, and haven't had the opportunity to fully wrap my head around it. At this point I may just do a design in 3d and hopefully find someone who can competently generate the CAD stuff for milling for me.

:cheers:

FYI: Slug rail will not work with the phoenix design. The rail blank is the same size but not angled on the sides. That gives some extra material for design

evade
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM
In a previous thread you spoke of being able duplicate a look carved in wood.

Would that go for clay as well?

Maybe someone should make wooden slug bodies and distribute them.

Xmagterror
03-08-2008, 08:28 AM
I could make a one off body for you but the price would be high. you would need to hire cougar to do the CAD for you and then pay me for the machining. I would be willing to take the job on in the late spring.

as for digitizing a wood or clay slug: sure i could do it, but unless the design was awesome it might not be worth it.

The future for XT customs is a unibody design. I would like to step away from the body/rail setup and move onto a one piece body. ULE mill the bottom of it.

evade
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM
The future for XT customs is a unibody design. I would like to step away from the body/rail setup and move onto a one piece body. ULE mill the bottom of it.

That sounds good. Then count me in for a phoenix milled from my slug. I will send it right out to you.

Thanks

KC
03-08-2008, 02:39 PM

And offer ace milling of course. ;)

Id love to see another unibody hit the market!!! Thinking about breaches or no?