PDA

View Full Version : devilmag vs T mag

jhill112
03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
why wouldn't the t boarded hyperframe be a vaiable as the devilmag?t board is easyer to get,has better custmer service,and is the smallest board made.opinins please. :confused:

p8ntbal4me
03-05-2008, 07:54 PM
The DevilMag (IMHO) is the entire frame made from a Chimera slug, with a Predator Morlock.

I dont think Hyperframes with morlocks in them should be called "DevilMag frames" because they arent,.. they're hyperframes with a board considered to be stock with them.

Im doing hyperframe conversions with the UTB (Universal T-Board), and I see no difference in the performace,... the things sling paint!

I like the UTB,... its small, and HAS support. That factor right there turned my head onto SD products.

~ P8nt

txaggie08
03-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I dont think Hyperframes with morlocks in them should be called "DevilMag frames" because they arent,.. they're hyperframes with a board considered to be stock with them.

The only ones that are devilmag frames are the ones that GAdevil himself did...

punkncat
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
The only ones that are devilmag frames are the ones that GAdevil himself did...

yeah and we all know how few of those there actually are.... :argh:

Hilltop Customs
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I still dont quite get what happened with the whole devilmag thing....are people putting morlocks in them and calling them devilmags? cause thats just :tard:

anyway, you cant go wrong with the universal t-bored. They are so fast to respond to emails....and just all around great service. i just finished my t-boarded ep mag....its sick already, and I havent even got around to install the eyes yet. The t-board is tiny, but wow its still a tight fit in an intelliframe with a noid, ram and battery!!

devildog
03-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I hear they suck in any mode not semi? havent used one though......

i wish the utb supported dual noids... :(

p8ntbal4me
03-05-2008, 10:58 PM

I got one installed in a hyperframe.

18bps full auto,.. ZERO chops! Its soo damn fast!

Ive heard the same thing you heard,... but I have not had a bit of trouble with mine (and ive had another board before the UTB testing the same software,.... runs awesome)

Im working on my ULE body for eyes,... as well. So I'll be able to tell you what that does soon.

Honestly,.. i think its the user that makes or breaks the success. The morlock can be AWESOME,.. but sucks if you set the dwell and BIP wrong,... so Im assuming the same for the guys having trouble with the SD UTB as well.

~ P8nt

custar
03-05-2008, 11:30 PM

I thought about putting a UTB in one of my Excals, and SD told me the UTB will run an Excalibur. I specifically told them the Excalibur has two solenoids, and they affirmed the board will drive the marker. Has SD told you something different?

custar

nevtangle
03-06-2008, 12:10 AM
The first devil mags that chris did were hyperframes with morlock boards and eyes. The few that he finished that were modded 90 frames would be very similar. I guess, I've never shot one, but they are a lot cooler.

I had a hf w/a 20 bps semi board in it and it was alright until I put a blade trigger and a lighter switch in it. It made the mag really almost just as fast as anything else on the field. You have a little control like dwell and a few other settings, but the Universal boards give you a lot more control over settings like debounce, fire hold off etc. Thats why I put a mini morlock in mine. I never chopped once with it and the lvl 10. It was finicky with the frame screw tightness but when all was good it ripped as fast as anything else I can shoot in semi. It was cool to have the modes but never used them.

I sold it mostly for the fact that I didn't really find the frame that comfortable. No trigger return and the overall feel of the trigger didn't excite me either but it wasn't that bad. It was however the easiest way for me to make a mag electronic. I still want an electro mag and will probably pick up an E or X when I find the right deal.

punkncat
03-06-2008, 07:23 AM
I sold it mostly for the fact that I didn't really find the frame that comfortable. No trigger return and the overall feel of the trigger didn't excite me either but it wasn't that bad. It was however the easiest way for me to make a mag electronic. I still want an electro mag and will probably pick up an E or X when I find the right deal.

I can tell you right now that if you are getting any sort of emag thinking that the trigger is going to feel like most other modern electros, you will be greatly disappointed. The trigger on an emag is (IMO) an aquired taste.
I admit a high bias against anything other than a mech mag. If you want the finest (mass produced) mechanical marker on the market, its a mag hands down in my humble opinion. If you are looking for an electro there are better options out there today.

TnDeathInc
03-06-2008, 08:00 AM
i have that aquired taste :)

punkncat
03-06-2008, 08:15 AM

I know you do, and you have some fine pieces too.

BigEvil
03-06-2008, 08:34 AM

Ditto. The only other trigger I like as much as a Tuna bladed Xmag is an Ego Star frame.

AirAssault
03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
If you set the trigger up on the E/X lowers it can feel just as smooth as any other marker I have shot. I do have a Vert Dmag frame and it is by far my favorite mag. If you ever have the chance to get one, grab it up fast :shooting:

jhill112
03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
i have used all the modes on my t board and they all shoot just fine.the people who say they suck are the ones tring to put the board in them selves.have damon do it.you guys with the board what are ya running asfar as dwell and debounce and what not.i played with the dwell as had it doing 18 or so fullauto.it was a rope.

03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
The UniT board WILL run 2 solenoids, I talked to Damon at SD about installing one in my Dragunfly, and he verified that it will work

nevtangle
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I can tell you right now that if you are getting any sort of emag thinking that the trigger is going to feel like most other modern electros, you will be greatly disappointed. The trigger on an emag is (IMO) an aquired taste.
I admit a high bias against anything other than a mech mag. If you want the finest (mass produced) mechanical marker on the market, its a mag hands down in my humble opinion. If you are looking for an electro there are better options out there today.
That's fine and I'll still probably get one but I'd like to try one out too. I have a modern electro and it feels good. I'm just keeping the mag mech. Like I said, if I like the feel of the E mag trigger, I'll probably pick one up if I find the right deal.

SCpoloRicker
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8173/dmagprofilegu1.jpg

Real DevilMag.

AirAssault
03-07-2008, 02:27 AM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8173/dmagprofilegu1.jpg

Real DevilMag.

Hmmm, you know you want me to have that....... no really you do. PM me lol.