PDA

View Full Version : automag probs plz help

bigredballr
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
hey all you automag owners i have been trying hard to get my automag to shoot without problems but i keep running into the problem of air leaking from what sounds like the bolt . For example while im not firing i will hear an air leaking sound coming out of the barrel and feedneck area. I've tried replacing all the O-rings in the bolt but its not working. What should i do?

halB
03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
hey all you automag owners i have been trying hard to get my automag to shoot without problems but i keep running into the problem of air leaking from what sounds like the bolt . For example while im not firing i will hear an air leaking sound coming out of the barrel and feedneck area. I've tried replacing all the O-rings in the bolt but its not working. What should i do?

Are you sure the o rings are in the correct order? Check the manual. I had this exact problem and it was caused by the o rings being in the wrong order and in the wrong place. I don't really see how a leak could be caused by anything other than that.

bigredballr
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
i went to my local paintball mechanic and i had him help instal the O-rings and he is an automag fanatic so im not sure how they could be in the wrong order. Which area of the bolt are you talking about where the rings would be in the wrong order? also ive had my mag for over 5 years could it be possible that its just gettin old and i need a new gun?

phatty123
03-06-2008, 02:03 AM
i went to my local paintball mechanic and i had him help instal the O-rings and he is an automag fanatic so im not sure how they could be in the wrong order. Which area of the bolt are you talking about where the rings would be in the wrong order? also ive had my mag for over 5 years could it be possible that its just gettin old and i need a new gun?

No, automags are made primarily out of stainless steal.. I highly dought it is worn out. It is an oring issue most likely. Are you using a level x bolt or a level 7 bolt. What kind of valve is it? I would get the blow up diagram off of agds website and replace the orings yourself.

-barry

bigredballr
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
im using an x valve and i was messing with it and i finally figured it out it was the gold sear that you can put shims on... it was too big so the bolt wasnt able to recock all the way and it was leaking air i had a 1.5 on but i changed it to a 1 with 1 shim